Shooting in Virginia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Roxas is Hot, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Investigators say that may not be the case. They still don't know anything about the killer, he wasn't carrying an ID and his finger prints didn't match any on record.

2. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

What a loser jacka*s. Girlfriend trouble? That's stupid. Killing 31 people is not right.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

I was under the impression he was a collage student... That's really odd; why would someone with no ties to his victims suddenly start shooting? It was obviously premeditated for him to be carrying that kind of ammunition. And why would he have "shot himself in the face"? I hate to sound like some kind of conspirary-theorizer, but it's almost as if he didn't want anyone to know who he was, even after his death.

4. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Well, he probably killed himself to avoid arrest. He was somewhat smart in a way though... by shooting himself in the face, it is making it harder for investigators to identify him. As far as his victims, they still don't know if he had any "ties" with any of the victims besides the one girl.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

The shooter was a senior English Major at the college from South Korea. However, this shouldn't cause people to fear people from the Country. In fact, South Korea is offering their condolences to the families affected.

I learned this morning that there were people from Wisconsin on the Virginia Tech Campus. Thankfully no one I had close ties with.

6. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

we discussed this briefly in one of my classes, one of the other students was wondering how he managed to kill so many with out getting cought....

he probably found an empty room somewherwe on the second or third floor, and shot people as they entered. but i am still wondering why nobody called the police? i think they did toward the end of it, but why didnt any call them toward the beginning??

ohh, by the by, i think they identified the killer....

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Often times anti-depressents will lead the person to strange behavior. From what I have found, Zoloft shouldn't produce strange behavior. But just from looking at Prozac, which can increase suicidal behavior in the first couple of weeks of taking it. By the way, anti-depressants take 2 weeks to have any kind of effect on the body. Any person suffering from Major Depression will have about 20+ depressive episodes in that amount of time.

This sounds like an almost by-the-book case study for depression. Perhaps even Major{Clinical} Depression. Now I'm by no means saying that a person with Depression will take a gun to their college campus/workplace. No there was likely some other cause adding to the Disorder.

8. Rosey Chaser

I find it horrible. My sister went to a high school near my house were there were multiple bomb threats and thing like that and its just horrible. we talked about it in class today and all of us thought it was scary and u think about it y whould some one do something like that? If someone writes like they want to kill someone chances are they might want to kill someone. People now are becoming aware of the signs but I think that most of the times its too late. Andthas just really sad.

9. Crispers Beep Boop

i live in Toronto Canada and all the ppl i know r shocked about this...
    i was sooo disturbed about the whole thing..........
    wat is happening to the ppl in this world?

10. Rosey Chaser

Another little tidbit: Some people say if we ban guns things like this wont happen, but the campus banned guns and he still had a gun anyways. so banning guns wont actually do anything but give people the impression that they r safe. just sayin............

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea i agree with you. and in my school, some kid wanted to shoot me but he got arrested b4 he got the chance, wonder how the cops knew

12. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

In Australia, it's big news.

13. Shuhbooty moon child

thats wrong and very sad

14. Crispers Beep Boop

im going to pray for them tonite.

15. Darkandroid Gets it Together

The guy who did the shooting was South Korean who was studying at that university.

The whole thing is sad and rather shocking to kill all those people.

16. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

I find this all rather disturbing. When I first heard about it yesterday, it sounded premeditated something must have just "snapped" in that guy. It's sad when people are having trouble and feel the only way out is to kill. They need to realize no matter what the problem or how large; as long as you ask for help you shall recieve. It's starting to feel less and less safe in ths U.S. There have been so many shootings, bomb threats at schools all over. Like two years ago at my school we had about eight bomb threats in like a few months. Luckily the school cracked down on it, and there hasn't been one since.

17. Crispers Beep Boop

wow i hope it doesnt get like that in Canada........

18. EvilMan_89 Code Master

wat i'm about to say prolly isn't very related to the tone of this but: we were talking about this at school and my teacher said "i can't believe it was an asian person, u would think it was a white person (NO OFFENSE) cuz it's a school shooting". i thot that was kinda funny, sry, sry, if anyone thinks wat i said was stupid

19. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

It hardly matters what his race is, that has nothing to do with any of this. I'm actually surprised South Korea felt the need to appologize and give condolensces on behalf of this guy. *That* is very sad, to me...

This may be disgusting but it's hardly a surprise. You may all think that he had no reason to kill, and that may be true, but this world is becoming more and more cruel to alot of people. It's harder to get help, even if you ask for it. The whole saying " ask and ye shall receive " is no longer true. I'll bet this guy was looking for help for a long time before this, and he never got it. The teachers say he was "disturbing" and that his writing suggested homicidal/suicidal tendencies. Why didn't they do anything about it? Why didn't they call in a psychiatrist? Because they didn't care. They didn't want to help him because it was out of their way. And this is what they got.

Yes, my views are pretty cruel, but this world is also becoming more cruel. That's the sad reality of it all.

20. Shadow Banned

Us Canadians are too sane for that to happen.

Anyway, there was a little bit building up to this. I read somewhere that the kid was an English major, and that his teachers found his essays and such to be very disturbing and turned them in to the counsellor of the school.

It seems scary that this was 4 days off of the Shooting in Columbine in 1999. Which was on April 20th. April 20th is coincidentally Adolf Hitler's Birthday, its also 420 for you potheads.

When I watched the videos of columbine on youtube, I was mentally freaked out, and had a nightmare about the samething happening to us at my school. I'm still mentally freaked out.

For those who wish to see, although most of the videos on youtube were deleted, this one managed to leak through.

Columbine Shooting, watch at your own risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.