Shooting at a Colorado Movie Theater

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meilin Lee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Given that he didn't do anything and the repetitious style, I'm going to guess that he was either entrapped or was playing copycat for attention. Or a third option which I will explain below.

Either way I'm not particularly happy about the whole thing being focused "man brings guns". That shouldn't be the issue here. The wording is very important, and they are choosing to focus on the fact that he brought guns... Not that he threatened anyone or expressed intent to harm, but that he brought guns.

What if he was scared by the Colorado shooting and wanted to protect himself if someone decided to do it where he lived? Fear is a strong motivator. Granted, he didn't need so many weapons for self-defense, but with the way the media is focusing on this, they will arrest someone who takes a single gun for self-defense with the same attitude. It isn't about a threat to them, it is about bringing in guns.

3. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that's actually what i was thinking. it's reasonable to be a little paranoid after that seemingly random shooting. but i don't really blame the man or the police for what happened, i think both sides had good reason to be a little cautious.

4. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

i completely agree. besides, most if not all the weapons the gunman had i believe were all illegally purchased.