Shooting at a Colorado Movie Theater

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meilin Lee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

2. jafar custom title

Well, clearly this is the work of Black Mask.

But seriously, it's pretty sad. I guess someone decided to live out their Batman-villain fantasy and kill a bunch of Batmans-phonies. Kind of like how the Joker did it in The Dark Knight. Very, very sad. :c

3. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Just heard about this ... very sad indeed. What kinda of person would do that?

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

A person who's mentally ill, I guess. That's what my mom guessed, anyway.

Anyway, my condolences go out to all of the affected family parties.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

A heartless idiot who doesn't care for human lives.

6. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Well I hope he gets what he deserves.

7. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

They say he's mentally ill. Of course you don't have to hear it from the police to believe it, though. He said he was Batman's enemy.

8. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Someone clearly prefers Superman...
    or perhaps an attempt at promoting the film through negativity?
    but there are more successful ways to go about that

I am curious as to what his motivation was, if the film playing was of significance

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I just read that when he told the officer that arrested him that he was The Joker. I say he should be hung by his entrails and his corpse paraded throughout the city.

10. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Dude was a medical student who dropped out, so I'm guessing he didn't have any serious mental illnesses. He was just either bored or fed up with society.

That is most definitely not justice, that's vengeful overkill.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I think it's a bit less personally.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

Police should try to figure out what motives the guy had, and if he has any associates at all, get their names too, before they execute him.

That's why immature people don't get to make up laws about what is justice. There's a difference between what's right (a quick, humane execution) and what feels good (the twisted torture method you suggest).

13. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Just saw more details on my local news and ABC world news this evening . Wow I feel like i'm going to cry. Is this what some of us humans are capable of? It just makes me so sad.

14. jafar custom title

This is not the first nor the last nor even the worst.

15. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

This, pretty much. This is the world we live in, guys. Breaking news for some of you, I guess.

16. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Wait hang on hold up a second cause someone said a humane execution. That's funny how you think killing a human being a quick way is humane. Killing is killing just remember that. This is part of the reason why smart asses like you messed up the justice system. I mean you would've thought a quick kill is a righteous kill. Explain how quickly killing someone is right? Please because the logic in that make no sense what's so ever.

Besides that I hope the families keep their heads up, my prayers go out to them, those wounded keep fighting, and just be careful man.

17. jafar custom title

Execution can be humane, using injection rather than electrcution, hanging, or worse.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

First off, your text is IMPOSSIBLE TO READ on a dark theme. I know that's an off-topic complaint but I wanted to say that regardless.

"Smart asses like me." Your ad hominem attack is directed at the wrong person buddy. There are times when execution can be right, for the better of the person and the better of society. Think about it: would you waste your time and resources on people you know cannot be treated, and if given the chance, would end more lives if let go? Or would you instead end their dangerous lives, in a quick and painless method, as a last resort mind you. I'm all for trying to correct a person's behavior, but there are minds out there that cannot be helped.

Regardless of what you say about what should happen to the shooter, I do feel empathy for the families affected by the event. It's always the people you least expect really who do these things.

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

C'mon guys. Let's all get along. Let's keep all derogatory comments and little skirmishes aside ;>

That said. I don't think killing a person could be considered humane under most circumstances. But that's beside the point.

This whole thing was pretty terrible and hopefully it doesn't keep happening at all. Just imagine needing super tight security when going to see a movie. blergh.

20. Trigger hewwo uwu

This is honestly heartbreaking and all kinds of terrifying. How awful is it that we live in a society where it's not even safe to go to a movie theater with friends and family?