Sexuality

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, Sep 9, 2011.

1. T3F Chaser

^This pretty much sums up what I was going to say

One of my good female friends has recently opened up to being bi. If she tried something on me, however, it would scare the crap out of me, seeing as I wouldn't only be wary, but my anxiety would kick in and I would start to question 'why?' all the time. I'm straight, and accepting of gays, but (no offence) I would occasionally need to keep my distance. I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

I suppose there is no better or worse time to speak out than now.

I am a semi-open bisexual, in that while most of my friends know of it, none of my family does. I am, technically, interested exactly equally in males and females, though I confess that I lean more towards the heterosexual side of things because of a want of children in my future.
    I first began to realise around the age of fourteen/fifteen, though I do not remember exactly when. Most likely it coincided with puberty, as it so often does.
    I will not lie; I was initially very fearful of it. I denied it, and acted very openly homophobic. At the time I didn't realise it, but it is obvious in retrospect that I was trying to convince myself that I was straight, foolishly still thinking that anything but was wrong or bad in some way.
    Eventually, I came to accept it. I suppose it did not take all that long to do compared to most. I do not really know why that is, and I most likely never will.
    And there you have it.

3. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six

What that guy said and to me I think"People who do this...(try so hard to be girls that they shame males (by trying to be a girl) and females (by wrongly depicting a girl). are emulating the female persona.

I could care less about what gender you like, just do what makes you happy and stay positive. I hate it when people are scared to say they like him or her cause of what others will think of them. No forget all of that if you liking a guy(and your a guy) makes you happy then hey keep doing your thing. And if you like girls(and your a girl) go for it as long as you know its what really makes you happy. Don't listen to those ignorant minds out there hating because they fear what they are too immature to fully understand.

4. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Gay, strait, black, white, who cares? We are all human. In my opinion, so long as I am not the one having sex, it doesn't involve me, I see no problem with it.

5. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Sorry, I only saw this now. But yes, that's what I meant; the ones I am talking about try to be like the female stereotype. And while I do respect their wanting to be female (with the daisy dukes and everything)... Please, I'd rather not hear falsetto shrieks of a hot guy passing by followed by fits of giggles. It's not even an attack on being gay, it's an attack on being too loud...

Oh my. Sorry once again if I offend. I just kind of let myself go there...

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Your experiance seem to closly match mine, though I came across some homophobic friends that knocked me back, *sigh* spent six years at school being the 'stay away from the gay you may catch it' type of social outcast ^.=.^ but that time has passed and I couldn't be happyer

7. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm a Catholic and I just want to say...I'm absolutely %100 for gay people. I say that we have enough hate in the world already, we don't need to hate on people just because of who they love. Of course, the Bible does say it is a sin, but I think that this was just the views of the people at the time who wrote the books of the Bible. Relaying Gods message or not, they were still human and would allow their prejudices that were around at the time to seep in to what they wrote. That's exactly why we had Jesus come along to set us on the right path. When He said 'Love your neighbour as you love yourself' I don't remember Him adding 'except them gay people'.
    I hope someday more people will come to realise this :)
    Besides, it's just part of who you are. You can no more 'cure' or force a gay person to fall in love with someone of the opposite gender than you could make a heterosexual fall in love with the same.

8. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    this is very well said ^.=.^ I have respect for you

9. RikuxXion Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't care. I think people should like who they want. Some of the nicest people I know are gay.

10. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

One of my best friends is bisexual but honestly, I could care less. She knows I'm not like that and I prefer guys and all and we're still best friends. My grandmother and my mom always told me it didn't matter which gender I grew up to like that they'd still me either way. So I pretty much grew up with it as something that was accepted and learned to be accepting of it. If I had grown up with my dad raising me... I'd prob be a total b*tch. Going around hating people who are a different race, if you're not straight then there's something wrong with you, and all that kinda thinking.

So sometimes I think it just depends on how you were raised and all that cuz it can have a major effect on your views of this kinda thing.

11. Uncle_Xigbar Moogle Assistant

Love and let love. If someone is straight, gay or bi it doesn't matter. There's never a right age to know what love is.
    And thats something i love about my friends and family. They're not bothered by it what so ever. which is a good thing for me and my girlfriend.
    I'm gay myself, my girlfriend on the other hand is bi. But it's love that matters in the end.
    If someone prefers men, its their choice. If they prefer women, its their choice. And if they prefer both, again, its their choice.
    Like i said. Love and let love.

12. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I pretty much agree with what everyone has said. Just be yourself and love whom ever you want...life is short and you should all enjoy it to the best of your ability.

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I recently started to like girls a lot more than I should. At first it was just a small thing, it didn't mean much to me, but now I can't stop staring at them and their...assets. It pains me.

I still enjoy men, yes I do, but I like both men and women. Sadly, I do not want to have a GF, I just want to live my life with my BF. I am quite happy that I have a BF.

14. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I actually think that might be normal... Because I've experienced it too. But yeah, I'd rather have a boyfriend...im so jelly of u

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Why are you so jealous? I see no reason to be jealous of anyone.

16. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

As a Christian, I don't agree with the whole premise of homosexuality. It's how I was raised. But I was also raised to respect and love everyone, no matter what. So, even if you are gay/lesbian/bi, I'm not going to condemn you. I might be a bit uncomfortable, but that's just because I don't know many.

But I personally am not gay. I just haven't found a guy worth my time yet.

17. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

Because you have a boyfriend, lol

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Well that doesn't seem like a good reason to be jealous of anybody. Everyone can get a boyfriend, they just have to be nice and wait for it. And if they prefer, take initiative. That's what I did myself. I told the guy I liked and he said he liked me too. Now we're going on strong for four months and he has decided to come and make a visit to me from Virginia in March.

Just keep living life until you find that one guy you think you have a chance with. Sometimes, it'll work out, other times, it'll end badly. But those bad experiences will make you stronger and give you a lot of experience. Don't worry, we all have somebody that we are destined for. You just gotta find them first.

19. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

Such wise words! Thanks

20. Mike Chaser

This is actually easy to talk about, because I have a thread in the help section. The way I view it; you should love who ever you want. Whether it's a female or male, it doesn't matter. What matters the most is how we are treating the person that we love. I don't think anyone should have a right to dictate what goes on in someone else's personal life or bedroom for that matter. We are all humans. Instead of tearing each other apart, people need to learn to accept. Hate is out there. Hate has always been out there. We can look back at the events that happened with Hitler, slavery, world wars and even the witch trials. Looking back, I feel humans can be so disgusting. We've tortured our own kind of race. We treat our pets better than the way we treat other humans. Does that make sense?

To me...that just doesn't make sense. The magnitude for the way people hate others is based on religion. I'm sorry for those of you that may disagree with me, but I do feel that religion has messed up our society. Because so many people view things in a different ways and everyone goes off to believing things that have been written down for centuries; people think its okay to not change for the better. We can all be stubborn, but that won't help us. If we want to make a difference in the world, live your life, help others and just be yourself. I think that's an overall message I can come up with. I don't know how the world started. It could be anything ranging from science to religion or even something that man kind has not understood fully.

What we do know is that there is emotion that is found in all of us. We were created for a reason. Even if we were created for something bad, we have the right to turn it around 100%. I think its important for me to see everyone happy. As long as no one is hurting anyone else, then everything else doesn't matter.

Be yourself and try to understood who you are. That's what I'm doing right now...or at least trying. Besides, if we want to look at this in a religious matter; god wanted us to love each other. So where is the love!?