Sexuality

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, Sep 9, 2011.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I completely agree. I'm asexual, but you don't see me bashing humans who are [physically] attracted to each other. No matter what you are, you're still a human and that means you come with all the strengths and weaknesses that come with being human. Gays and bis aren't special. They're not different. They still lie, they still cheat, they laugh, they get insecure, they have bad days, they wish on stars, they care about their loved ones, they look down on those who are different, and everything else that everybody else does. Those who think gays are "nicer than straights" or "are more tolerant than straights" don't know what they're talking about. A gay man be just as heterophobic as a straight man can be homophobic. I can't stand when humans "come out" about being sexually deviant either. If you were any different from an ordinary human, you wouldn't have been in the closet in the first place. In the end, sexual orientation doesn't even exist. It's a sad excuse to separate human beings into yet another idiotic set of arbitrary categories. There are no heterosexuals, there are no homosexuals, no bisexuals, or pansexuals, or even asexuals like myself. We're all just humans and that's all we'll ever be for the next several billion years.
    "

2. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

I see nothing wrong with it, and I see no reason why this is an issue anymore. People are People, and love between them is hardly something that should be cordoned by social norms or gender. I'm heterosexual, if we're talking from a purely physical standpoint, I can't find anything physically or sexually attractive about men. That said, I'm not someone who is attracted to people purely for their physical aspect. Sure, I can appreciate, and oftentimes am attracted to hotness, cuteness, beauty etc. but ultimately, it the personality and the person themselves I love. If I meet a guy whose personality I could fall in love with, then who knows?

I think this generation has, by and large, outgrown a more narrow-minded approach to sexuality. Any borders their were have been resolutely smashed, bar a few instances on the social/political front.

3. Daxa~ #stalker

I dont see anything wrong about loving who you love.
    I mean,while I am hetrosexual,if I fell in love with a girl,then I would be go for it.
    And I suppose that if I did end up falling in love with another female,I at least have the comfort of knowing my family would fully support me,as my aunt,uncle and two of my cousins are homosexual,and my brother is bi.
    But I honestly do not see anything wrong with loving who you love,as in the end,as long as your happy...thats all that really matters.

4. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Okay, so, a bit of an anecdote here.

My girlfriend had her 18th a couple of night ago, and one of our friends came, wearing a shirt that read "Sometimes women marry women. Get over it." And I absolutely loved her for that.

But really, it doesn't matter what sexuality you are or aren't, as long as you can walk with your head high. What's the point of living, if you're living in shame of who you are?

5. Princess-Sammi Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm asexual - I don't even want to lose my virginity. However, I do find African American men very pleasant to look at; I'd just never do anything sexual with anyone.

6. Daenerys Targaryen ok

I am heterosexual but I think that being gay/lesbian/bi/etc is no different. Love is love, attraction is a attraction. Someone can't help being attracted to something or someone. I have always been very accepting of it and I always will be. I am just not accepting of people who flaunt their sexuality in people's faces. That goes for any sexuality. I respect people who are open and comfortable with themselves but there is a difference between being comfortable and talking about how much you love penis/vagina in a public setting just because you can.

7. Krown King's Apprentice

like you said i'd probably never do it but i wouldnt care if someone else does it cuz were all humans.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I grew up being taught there there was nothing wrong with having a different sexual preference. I took this to heart when I was about seven. I'm bisexual, and I find it to be more enjoyable because I can identify with boys about girls, but still be a girl at the same time.

One of my best friends is gay, and I love him so much, he's a great guy. There's nothing wrong with being different, if you like someone of your gender, that's your deal and you shouldn't let anyone tell you different. Saxima will give them a stern talking to.

<3

9. Doukuro Chaser

I am one who believes people should love other regardless of their gender or anything like that. That does not define who they are. They should be loved for what they do and how they act much more so than what they look like. I also believe no one is really heterosexual or homosexual; we just all have out preferences. Some people prefer men and others women. But above all else, no matter who or what we love, we should never get in the way of someone else’s love. Love can be like oxygen to some people and to take it away is almost like murder. Sometimes it even ends up in death. It is just wrong.

As for me, personally, I almost wish to die a virgin and will be perfectly happy doing so. I am still attracted to people, but a non-sexual relationship would be ideal for me.

10. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    In some ways I find a sextually prefrence can end up overtaking someones personality.... For exsample before I came out I was a slightly girly guy but since I have been out I'm far more camp than I ever was, I feel like a sterotype but it's part of who I am now...

11. Doukuro Chaser

I think that's more to the fact people become more open about who they are than anything... I don't know you so I could be wrong here so sorry if I offend. But my point is that perhaps before you came out it was just a clash between sexuality and personality. Since then you're more open so there's less of a clash and you're closer to who you really are. Sorry if I am wrong or just really bad at explaining these things.

Basically saying sexuality doesn't really overtak someone's personality, it's just that once someone opens up about something so major (thanks to society) all else seems little in comparison and so they become more open about all other sides of themselves. At least it is one of many theories.

12. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

Thats acctually seems to be a great way of explaining it ^^ cos as a testiment to what you have said, since coming out I've also become a furyr which is something that I would never of done before hand

13. Doukuro Chaser

Glad I was able to word it correctly. And good for you for being so open about such.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You are ignoring the current lack of balance. We do not have it in our society. A majority of people claim heterosexuality and that it is the 'right way'. If deviants did not come out about their sexuality, they would be forced into sexual repression, and that is not good on the mind or the body. Heterophobia exists because homophobia does. The greater the repression, the greater the recoil.

I have already stated my opinions about continuing our species in other threads. Arguments stating and heterosexuality will continue our species mean nothing to me because I see very little meaning in continuing our species. Ending it would be more satisfying. If our species were not going to make any babies, would sexuality have any other meaning? It would not matter who you had sex with because the results would be same, and that is preferable to me. A world without purpose where we give our own lives meaning in the time that we have left in them.

Apologies about abstracting a little bit. Someone got me waxing philosophical this morning...

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I have no issue with it. It's either a choice, or it's genetic. Either way, it's not my business, nor my right, nor my job, to judge them. I don't hate them for because they're LGBT but I don't think I'd try it. Yeah, shade of grey answer. Most of my opinions are.

Also, Makaze, when are you NOT waxing philosophical?

16. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I never cared preferably, I mean if your happy than what's the point of labeling? Now I've never been attracted to women and I've seen men with a good physical appearance and I'd say they looked hot but not to the point that I'd want to have sex with them as the thought repulses me. To me they pull off the damsel in distress better then women but that's it.

I don't think religion should play a factor AT ALL, at the end of the day love is love no matter who your with be it men, women, or both.

I'm asexual as of right now, maybe that will change once I'm in college and there's nothing wrong with testing your sexuality to find what turns you on and what doesn't.

17. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

let me ask you though why does the thought of homosexual sex repulse you?

18. Kayate King's Apprentice

It's just their sexual preference.
    You can't be judging someone because they dislike or don't want to do a certain kind of sexual intercourse, as long as they're not full-blown arrogant about it.

19. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

But its one thing to have a simple sexual preference and quite another to find the type of intercourse you don't prefer repulsive. I don't do hetrosextal sex but I don't find the act repulsive...

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I personally see nothing wrong with homosexuality. It is a choice and like all choices, depends on the person.