Sex Ed in School?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Roxas is Hot, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

That too. I think more than half of the world would have more STD's without a little sex in school. Knowing teenagers anymore...

2. John S. Banned

Im going to be honest I think if it wasnt for that class I could have been in seriouse trouble.

3. I'm a bigger idiot Banned

I think that sex ed is a neccesary funtiondildoand should bedildotreated as such

4. KairiSoraKeyoflight Twilight Town Denizen

as nessicary as it is it can b rather akward in some situations trust me i know

5. feanaro Destiny Islands Resident

Sex ed in school should the place where you get all the fact clear and cold, your friends should be there to joke about it with. If you get the information from your friends, they probably god it from their friends, and so on until you get to someone unreliable.

6. Daenerys Targaryen ok

there is this one girl that is having a baby in middle school..

7. Tammylita Destiny Islands Resident

I live in a pineapple under the sea...Wait.
    To be honest, I never dealt with any of those things. My mom never gave me that talk, and I never saw any sex ed stuff at school (yet).

I learned everything I need to from friends and television.

And yet, I've never been affected by those 'temptations' that the movies *supposedly* give us or whatever.

Parental logic.

8. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

i remeber as a kid in primary school they tought us using a video. it was a bunch of cartoons that like. basiclly and egg dancing with a sperm. and now that i look back on that i dont think they really tought us anything much. then had sex ed again in year 11 and that video was sooooo much better. telling what actually happeneds and how to keep safe instead of "the sperm makes is way to the egg and which ever is best will have a special dance with the egg" but yeah i dont have a problem.

9. Nanaki Broken in six places

I don't like it. In my messed up school,they say it' okay to have sex,just use a condom. Meh,I believe that people should have sex,with 1 person,and that person happens to be their husband/wife. Worse then that,they talk about us like we're animals,practically. We aren't savages...not all of us,anyways. Seriously,I could care less. I SERIOUSLY think this shall trigger people to get more STDs and kids....from different people. It sickens me so...

10. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

When I was in jr. high and my freshman year, it was taught and we all had to sign a sheet about it, plus we had packets we had to talk to our parents about with and get signed. But what many people make a deal about is the parents that say it will promote having premaritial sex, and being unprotected. Their are parents who feel that it will teaching it will lead their children into a life of drugs, sex, and alchol. Not to be sterotypical, but many times they are the families deep in religion. The school should how ever make it optional, I personally don't see what is so bad about it though, your going to learn sooner or later.

11. Mirai King's Apprentice

Sex ed should not be mandatory but encouraged. It should teach about contraception methods and the like. It should teach you how to have SAFE sex.

HOWEVER, forget about abstinence! IT DOESN'T WORK. They don't learn anything and will most likely not listen. Especially not with religion, unless in a Christian school.

I never went to sex ed. I learned the works with common sense, parents, and... certain online "mangas."

12. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

Hmmm... Normally I would say it should be the parents' jobs, but I've completely lost faith in a majority of American parents. As such, I believe schools should begin teaching sex ed at around 7th-8th grade. The first thing they should teach is what sex is, obviously, and the consequences and purposes of having sex. Then, later on, they should teach about the types of diseases one ca contract through having sex and then how to have safe sex.

Abstinence is out of the question these days. This world is obsessed with sex, and so teaching abstinence would be like trying to get America to ban smoking. Ain't gonna happen. I would LOVE if more people practiced abstinence, but I have to be real with myself...

13. zexionXienzo6 Traverse Town Homebody

i know a girl who had sex at like age 12...
    kinda off topic but thought it was interesting enough to add.

14. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

Aye, the whole problem is that children are learning the wrong things. I remember reading the paper a while back and seeing that a 26 year old was going to prison for impregnating an 11 year old girl. Thing is, she was willing, which bugs me deeply.

15. Gravity Chaser

Yeah, that kind of stuff totally creeps me out.

On the other hand, I think Sex Ed is an important part of school. An uncomfortable part, sure, but a part all the same...just as long as they don't teach kids the wrong things.

16. <3Demyx<3 Destiny Islands Resident

I found out about sex in the 5th grade, they sent all the girls in one room and the boys in another. We watched a tape that explained our feminine parts etc. Later when I was in 8th grade, the boys were in the room...but we just had the talk about sex and how it will effect you if you don't take precautions in such actions; like pregancy and std's. I don't think it's mandatory, but every once and awhile it should be talked about. My mom agreed for me to be in both of those meetings, so I guess she didn't mind; though of course I had to talk with her about it as well. Sex talk will never be my strong point...I tend to go around it...

It's sad what's happening to young girls with these old pervs these days. I think parents should be more active and protective in their kids lives, so that kind of thing rarely happens.

17. Sara Tea Drinker

My mom taught me around four. She believed as soon as you asked, you should know. With proper vocabulary, of course.

I also took health class in high school with sex ed. Saw a woman give birth. Lovely imagry there that left the guy's speechless for the rest of the class.

18. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

I think that was basicly the same for me as well, my parents did the explaining to mean and they might as well do it when you are young. I think that that will aide in the process of "staying pure" if you will. Whereas if you with hold information then...well people are curious by nature.

19. Joseki Traverse Town Homebody

I think sex education is 100% valuable. Go health class.

"Abstinence only sex education" is like "Just hold it potty training."

20. Fayth Destiny Islands Resident

Actually....we JUST saw the video today in class. It was.....lets just say there's no possible way to explain it, ok?

But seriously, Sex Ed is something that should be in school. Let's just assume your school doesn't have it. And, your parent(s) haven't given you "The Talk". How would you know about ANYTHING? I mean, you can't just ask a friend about it. Since most friends make jokes of everything. Plus, the class gives some good information if you ask me. So, even though it is PRETTY akward, I see it as a neccesary (ish) class. Wouldn't you prefer to have it taught to you, rather than have a parent tell you about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.