Severe Pain in My Back

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by strfruit, Jul 20, 2012.

1. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Yesterday I was doing some stretching exercises as I do every day. Well, I bent down to touch my toes and when I came back up a got a slight pain in my lower left back. It didn't stay but for maybe a few seconds, but I stopped stretching just in case.
    About an hour later, I lifted my leg to sit on my bed and while doing so it happened again, but this time it was severely painful and I felt a burning sensation in the same part of my back. It hurt so bad that I had to lay down flat on my bed and couldn't move at all. It took my breath away and was even tear jerking. I had to call my mom for help. I took some medicine and applied ice and heat, but nothing is working.
    Being bed-bound all night and all day today, there isn't any position I can lay without it hurting. I also am unable to walk. Whenever I get out of bed, it begins to hurt more with each step and I become really dizzy and feel faint. I get really shaky and I hear ringing in my ears as well. I don't know if maybe the pain is what is making me feel this way?
    Even sitting up in bed, I feel really faint. :/

I'm not really quite sure what I did. Maybe I turned the wrong way and pinched a nerve or something. I feel terrible v.v
    Just to be able to walk would be wonderful....;~;

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch you guys.

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Wouldn't hurt to see a doctor if the pain doesn't stop, but yeah a pinched nerve can easily hurt for a few days. I would just try to wait it out and see if it gets better.

Hope it stops soon for ya~

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah, it's feeling a lot better than it did. I can move around a bit. So it may very well take a few days to heal up. Hopefully not too long, though! Crossing fingers! :)

And thank you!! ^^

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Alternating hot and cold might work in the future. I know I used a heat wrap[basically a sock filled with rice heated up in the microwave. You could probably find them at most stores. Try Bed Bath and Beyond.] alternated with a cold pack for my neck. It might help.

Like Cthuko said, you might want to see a doctor if it happens again. You might have a pinched nerve or something.