Dream Drop Distance Seven lights, thirteen darknesses (Ending Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Always Dance, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Always Dance Chaser

So, I want to talk about just what Xehanort meant when he said "Seven lights, thirteen darknesses, you will face each other in that world".

So who are they? The 7 lights could refer to the 7 princesses of light, though I highly doubt that since they haven't been so much as mentioned since 1. It could mean the seven keyblade wielders: Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ven, Aqua, Kairi, and Lea. (Not counting Terra because I'm pretty sure he's dead at this point, right?).

But the thirteen darknesses, who are they? Is it possible that all 13 of the Organization has returned? Even if that's true, it's only 11 darknesses because Lea is a good guy and Roxas is in Sora now. So who are the other two? Is Vanitas one of them, maybe?

Discuss!

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Terra isn't dead. His body is just being controlled by Xehanort still....at least I think so. We haven't gotten any news about him getting his body back.
    And your forgot to add Mickey to that list of keyblade weilders, considering he's a keyblade master.

3. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

Seven hearts of pure light can create what is known as the Key of Hearts (see KH1). It doesn't necessarily have to be the princesses. That might be what Xehanort meant by that.

As for the XIII darknesses, consider the fact that Xehanort can now manifest both Ansem Heartless and Xemnas, making it a solid XIII.

4. Always Dance Chaser

No, his body was being used by Xehanort, then by Xemnas, who we killed. So...yeah, I'm pretty sure he's just dead. And Mickey is on that list, read it again >_>

@Mako: That's an interesting point...

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Just believe me, Terra isn't dead. They're not going to just get rid of an important character like that. Not too mention, Xemnas was only formed from Terra's body, and Ansem SoD was made from Xehanort's dark side, or whatever else was inside that body. Either way, when you get both the nobody and heartless of a person, that person comes back. It's not like they vanish into thin air when you beat both the heartless and nobody. That's exactly how Xehanort has come back again. Terra is somewhere, we just don't know where

6. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I'm seconding this. Also if you know your BBS history, you would know Terra and Xehanort both argue over Terranort's heart, and who should have possesion.

Seven is a odd number. It's been in nearly every KH game. It could be the Princesses, it could be keyblade weilders, it could be keyholes, it could something else entirely.

If you get rid of Lea from the XIII, you have twelve, if you add Ansem SoD, you have XIII. Does that mean you could subtract someone else and still have XIII?

7. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

Subtract Roxas, you have twelve. Add Old Man Xehanort, you get XIII (since Xemnas already counts)

8. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

This has perplexed me also.

I personally am going with 7 Keyblade wielders for the seven, consisting of Sora, Riku, Mickey, Roxas, Aqua, Ven, and Terra. I don't want to count Lea, because at the time Xehanort said that, we didn't know Lea could wield a Keyblade. EDIT: After wathcing the secret ending, I believe that my list is wrong. I now believe it to be Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, and Aqua.

Now we come to the 13 darkness, which can clearly be Organization XIII. But we take Lea and Roxas out of that, and we have 2 slots filed by MX and Ansem, SoD.

Yet, it appeared that Dilan, Aeleus, Even, and Ienzo aren't involved with Organization XIII any more due to there appearance in Radiant Garden with Lea. If you take those 4 out of the equation, 4 slots are needed. Obviously Vanitas and YMX take up 2 slots, but who are the other 2? I personally would say Maleficent and Pete. The first due to MX being the one to interest her in ruling other worlds with the 7 princess of heart, and the second because he follows what ever Maleficent does. So the 13 darkness are:
    Master Xehanort
    Young Master Xehanort
    Ansem, SoD
    Vanitas
    Xemnas
    Braig
    Isa
    Demyx
    Luxord
    Marluxia
    Larxene
    Maleficent
    Pete

There you have it, my 2 cents.

9. Evilgidgit Merlin's Housekeeper

Personally, I do not believe that Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, Maleficent and Pete will be the last six - Demyx is too nice, Luxord just wouldn't seem the type, Marluxia and Larxene betrayed the Organization in the first place so I doubt Xehanort would let them back in, and Maleficent and Pete are out on their own.

10. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Honestly?

I think that the Princesses of Heart are going to be involved again. I just don't think that they wouldn't just leave a plot point that they used all the way back in KH 1 to die like that. Plus, we did see a few Princesses in BBS, so they're not entirely forgotten.

Plus, I mean I dunno if this counts but Roxas and Xion were Keyblade wielders also, even if they weren't exactly...um. Human, they still existed as such.

Also

11. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

For me they'll gather 7 keyblade wielders to protect the seven princess of heart (with the adition that Kairi is both a Keyblade wielder and a princess so she can protect herself).
    If i recall correctly this is what mickey is discussing with Yen Sid in the special ending.
    Org XIII was made to be filled with the 13 dark hearts of Xeanort, and he said tha "naturaly would apear 7 keyblade wielders of light to fill their ranks".
    It's like a chemical reaction, when he started to make the Org XIII, the 7 Keyblade wielders of light started to pop out in reaction of this.
    THink of destiny, simple conection betwen light and darkness.

Ps.: Terra ISN'T dead, he is alive fighting for his body... just that Terra/Xeanort became a Heartless (Ansem) and a Nobody ( Xemnas). If Xeanort came back to life when his Heartless and Nobody died it should be the same with terra (and the rest of the organization) It's only that even Terra being back, he is still under the control of Xeanort's Dark Heart.. and probably will be until the very end... when sora save all of them.

12. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

Didnt Xehanort claimed he have the 7th light and he doesnt have a 13th darkness

13. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

A bit of spoiling myself on TVTropes revealed that
    time travel is involved wherein Xehanort has projected himself into the past to recruit his teenage self in order to retrieve and/or create a total of 13 iterations of himself.
    I also found out that
    Xehanort's true plan for Organization XIII was to turn them all into clones of himself.
    Both of these could be what the 13 darknesses refer to.

14. PinkAelita Moogle Assistant

I think the 7 Keyblade wielders are Sora, Riku, King MIckey, Lea, Ventas, Aqua and Kairi.
    but my friend says that Aqua and Ventas cant come back (disagree intily). and that they will bring i new keybladers to be one of the 7. but thats stupid cos there are already a lot of keyblade wilders. i still stick with who are the 7

15. Spyro Cool Merlin's Housekeeper

Also, Sora was originally in Xehanort's plan of the XIII (after Riku wasn't able to be), so it's XII now.

16. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Just going to blatantly point out that there's no proof of death in any Kingdom Hearts game.

17. Explode Who?!

If you watch the Secret Ending, it's more or less clear who the seven lights will be. Yen Sid says that when the X-Blade was destroyed, it separated into seven pieces of light (plus thirteen of darkness), in order to protect the seven pure hearts (the princesses of heart). To mirror this in the present day, there needs to be seven keyblade wielders that will protect the princesses, since Xehanort will try to go after them again. So it really could be either group, but no doubt it will be the keyblade wielders, because they wouldn't just let Xehanort capture the princesses. More than likely they are:

1-Sora
    2-Riku
    3-Kairi
    4-Mickey
    5-Aqua
    6-Ventus
    7-Lea

Roxas and Xion are a part of Sora, so they can't fight on their own. Terra is still under Master Xehanort's control, and as he suggested, he is one of the thirteen darknesses (he said something like "Sora and another one of your friends are in my fold"). Only six of the thirteen have been seen, but I have a few guesses at some of the others. The darknesses might be:

1-Master Xehanort
    2-Xemnas
    3-Ansem
    4-Xigbar
    5-Saix
    6-Young Xehanort
    7-Terra-Xehanort
    8-Vanitas
    9-Dark/Possessed Riku
    10-???
    11-???
    12-???
    13-TBD

Terranort I explained above. Vanitas because he is seen in Notre Dame (likely a hallucination, but he's still relevant it seems), and he has the trademark yellow eyes, and possibly the pointy ears, of a Xehanort clone. And Riku sees a hooded version of himself inside Monstro. He interprets it as his darkness haunting him in yet another form, but it's possible that it was Riku from when he was under Ansem's control, sent to guide him and ultimately join the "True Organization XIII". The missing ones could be other members of the original Organization XIII, but I'm not sure. And the thirteenth has yet to be decided by Master Xehanort; it was meant to be Sora, but he was rescued.

What I'm curious about is what became of the pieces of the X-Blade. If seven of them supposedly went to protect the princesses, what happened to them? Hoping it's revealed in the future.

18. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

let see terra is not dead his body was taking over but if you play BBS you can see that he can control his armor without his body because his heart wasn't destroyed just been replace so it will be sora, riku, mickey, ven, aqua, terra, and maybe kairi because she has better light than axel. and the 13 darknesses is the organization 11 + xehanort and Ansem. so this might be simple to know.

19. The Trist Merlin's Housekeeper

So everyone's theory is that the seven lights will be Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Aqua, Ven, and Terra. And Xehanort still needs one more dark vessel to complete his thirteen. So the only real question left is who that thirteenth vessel is. Right?

Well, here's my theory. It will probably be wrong, but if it was right, it'll make things a whole lot more interesting.

First, I need to remind people that the Lingering Will, one of the secret bosses from KH II: FM hinted toward the plot of BBS, particularly the end of Terra's story. Then, BBS's secret boss, the Unknown, hinted toward the time travel shenanigans Xehanort discusses in DDD. So one would think that the secret boss in DDD hints toward the plot of KH III. But instead of some mystery figure in armor or a cloak who exudes this aura of ominousness, all we get is a Franken-Pete monster who, while challenging, can't allude towards anything in the future.

That is, unless you've actually seen Runaway Brain.

So here's what I think: At some point in KH III, Dr. Frankenollie, the guy who created Julius, will remove Mickey's brain/heart, and Xehanort will place his heart inside Mickey, turning the mouse into the feral beast from the short, as well as the thirteenth vessel. That leaves Sora and Co. short one light vessel, which is when Lea will swing into the rescue, Keyblade in hand. I think it's Lea because even Yen Sid was surprised when Lea summoned his Keyblade, and if this is something Yen Sid couldn't foresee, then that means Lea has a lot of untapped potential.

I'm probably batting way out in left field on this one. But how cool would it be if it was correct?

20. pookie Moogle Assistant

Terra is not dead if he was many other people would be dead Luke Dora when he turned to darkness. It will be the 7 keyblade weilders not priences. The priences do none and really Jo fighting with that. Besides kirir. The 13 dark is people who are now vessels Dora WAS going to be 13 ember that was the main resone for orfainze 13 all nobyes are real but xhantoe told them other wise. After or befor Dora came back exanhtor said they need one or 2 more light depends on if Dora was awaje. So kirirr rikio Dora mickey are there right bow. Leo ( not axel bc he is dead that is why Leo is back) is now a wilder so that is 5 then there is aqua and ven. They are and not dead rso I'm fussing Dora needs to go save them. If terra comes back befor the final battle it will be Dora rieko kr ven terra aqua and mickey or lea ... Lea is very unpiraple that is how and why he saved Dora bc they had no clue that he would showed up. The 13 is the old and new exazrotand the old one. thek member from the 13 and terra body....... I'm sorry for bad typeing and speels but phone sucks and auto croccet