Dream Drop Distance Secret Portals and Bonuses

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Iskandar, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ok, so I beat Julius with Riku (with great pains and popping veins I might add), so I figure I SHOULD try to beat him with Sora as well, and I've got a team with Thunder Screens and HP plus, etc. But before I fight I'm trying to put up Sora's HP by doing the Secret Portals on each world, and I was wondering about each of them. Are they all influenced by your level on the difficulty? Or is there a recommended level for them? I'm fighting at lv51 right now, and it's still a little bit hard, but I managed against Pete using a ton of combo moves like Sonic Blade and Ars *whatever the other word was*, and when I beat him I was wondering if I might be able to keep doing the same Secret Portal and keep getting the HP bonus? Or is the bonus a one-time thing for each portal?

2. A Zebra Chaser

Boss Bonuses only work once in KH
    There's only so much health you're allowed to have

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

If you know what you are doing, (spamming block and commands.) You'll be fine. Most of Julius' attacks are blockable. Even when he summons lightning.

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I would like to mention something about this: If you have a Zolephant with a complete Ability link board, Then You can equip it to get a full five HP boost AND a few water boost which serves you well if You use balloonga as your primary form of attacking him. I chose to use a thunderaffe, a KO Kabuto, and The Zolephant. This gave me 50% Thunder resistance, +3 defense, and the water boosters which I did not count. I was a higher lvl. than you are, but I am also on critical so I think you should be okay. Also, I equipped Divewing for the specific purpose of boosting my magic by 3 more points than Sweet dreams and counter point. I also have only beaten Julius as one of the two characters... Except I beat him as sora. I haven't really tried to hard to beat him as riku yet: I have been focusing on end of pain. Now that I come to think of it, I also had beaten 3 secret portals before I defeated julius, so that might help. The deck I used to beat him was made of 3 curagas, 3 ballongas, and a Firaga burst. Anyway, those are just some tips from me to you; Do with them what you will my friend.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Thanks for the info, but ironically I just beat him earlier this morning. I actually ended up beating all of the Secret Portals with Sora (who still ended up having way less HP than Riku), used the keyblade from beating all the secret portals, I used 4 Curagas, 1 Cura, 2 Balloons, and 1 Balloonga (which I didn't even use. wasted my time getting that), and I was lv58, and I still had some trouble, but I ended up beating him after a few times. I think I just got lucky with the counter I got, because I was about dead. And the sad part is that I was only playing on Standard Mode. I just hate that jump attack he has that knocks out your moves. I have no fricken' clue how to block or get away from that. My team was Cera Terror, Cyber Yog, and Jestabocky, which I guess had all the stuff, but I didn't have the complete boards, so I had 3 Hp Plus, but full magic boosts, and thunder screens, and defender helped I'm sure. I just wish I knew an easy way to get the full board with the spirits.

But while I'm finished with my giant paragraph of a text, I did manage to get my answer about the secret portals: You only get 1 HP bonus with each win, which I suppose is fair, otherwise you'd have a huge amount of HP. So since I managed to answer my own question, this can be locked.

6. Jayn

Locked upon request. / Answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.