Scottish Independence Vote

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meilin Lee, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This Thursday, the people of Scotland will vote on whether to remain part of the United Kingdom, or break away and become independent after 300 years. I personally have no opinion on this matter considering I'm not even from the U.K. Thus, I respect whatever decision the Scottish people vote for. My only concern is that if Scotland does indeed become independent, what kind of ramifications would be felt throughout the world.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. Antidote Façade

I'm Scottish myself and I'm actually really saddened by the result. I so wanted independence, but in the end I sort of knew this was going to happen.

I feel like we're the laughing stock of the world. For what professes to be a proud nation, we become the only country to ever reject our own freedom and independence. Guess it's time to stand by and wait for these "promised powers" that were ever so appealing! Fear over hope is not how I want future generations to be brought up.

So yeah, I feel like we're ****ed and just needed to get that off my chest.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

I honestly didn't care either way, but our ancestors, or, more specifically, my mom and aunt's father's ancestors, but I guess they're their and my ancestors as well, are from Scotland.