San Bernardino Shooting leaves at least 12 dead

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sara, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

The scariest thing in the world is standing in the living room hoping to see your family member leaving with a crowd of people and not on a gurney.

My aunt lives in that County, my uncle works in the building behind the shooting. He dropped off info today in that building. Neither of us knew if they were in the line of fire or not at that point. When mom and I heard about it, we sent a frantic call to my aunt with no answer for 20 minutes. It was probably the longest in my life, I don't even remember what I did. Hearing they were okay is the best feeling in the world.

My thoughts and prayers to the friends and family of the victims.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Sheesh, so many shootings lately. You'd think people would agree with Obama on gun control, but noooo, all they want is their freedom and right to hold a firearm. You know, if we're going to have shootings every day like this, I say take away any right to have a gun at all. May be one-sided thinking, but it's how I feel when it comes to this

3. Sara Tea Drinker

It's been up to 14 people dead...

Scarily enough, there's a lot of people who are pushing to have guns in everyone's hands in case these things happen they can gun them down... The New York Police Commissioner thinks it's the most insane idea he's ever heard.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You know what, forget about a nuclear Armageddon, we're all going to die because people will have guns and no self-control and end up shooting everyone just because they get annoyed by them. Heck, even my University is almost to the point of enacting a rule where you can carry freely, and teacher's are trying to push a ban on having them in the classroom at least. Considering how much I already hear about people stealing and breaking into apartments, carrying freely is going to cause an even worse situation

6. Sara Tea Drinker

They call it the "hero complex" that if you have a gun, you can save people by just shooting attackers. It was mentioned A TON after the Colorado movie theater shooting. A lot of people pointed out the flaws in it. (Trust me, there's a lot more than good.) And you can imagine the huge crapstorm that came from it.

I am glad they never had that in my dorms, or campus. I would probably quit if they did, I respect guns, but I wouldn't want people around with guns who don't know how to use them: Or worse, do and think you are doing something wrong. I also grew up in a state where hunters have literally shot people dead in their backyards for wearing white gloves, or their relatives for not wearing an orange vest when hunting with them.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Seriously. There's too many unstable people out there, and if guns were allowed to be put in their hands, your putting others at risk. And I'm not just talking about those that would harm others for the sake of harming, there's those that could end up attacking you just because to them they could be thinking something else. It's events like this that just prove how bad it would be for everyone to have guns. Only a few have some and this happens. If every person that wanted to cause harm in some way had a gun, I'm buying a bomb shelter and living under the ground from now on, and I don't say that entirely as a joke.