Television RWBY

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by greater_bloo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Mysty Unknown

The show as a whole looks like it will be good. I understand most people are upset about the voice acting, but I have a prediction, these were just trailers. Something that is tended to only spark interest. Monty has proven with RvB that voice acting isn't something they lack. I believe they were a tad rushed when doing the lines. I suspect that in character when the show is actually released, they will be fine tuned and not have so many issues.

As for personal favorite, I am with Weiss.

2. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Agreed. The whole melancholy thing going in Weiss' trailer was wonderful. Weiss, Ruby, Yang and Blake

Well, everyone's pretty much said everything I would say about this trailer. The fight scenes were absolutely flawless, but the voice acting was just........so so subpar.
    Ruby's voice was okay, I didn't mind high, I just thought she'd sound more serious and mature for her age and not perky.

If there's anything else I'd add, it's how Yang's got a lot of attitude but I don't see it at all on her face. I guess facial expressions aren't their strong points.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

The biggest complaint so far seems to be the voice acting. I'm pretty sure as the series goes on, the acting and the voices themselves will improve as a whole. It takes time for everything, and the experience will benefit the actors in the long run. So personally I ain't too worried.

Still have no idea where people got their impression of Ruby however. Personally I'd figure she'd be perky given that she has a rather coy smile in her trailer and the amount of pictures Monty has put out were she seems rather happy. I don't know, I just never got the impression of her being "serious and dark lol". Weiss and/or Blake on the other hand...

I don't believe we watch the same video.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

If anything like this happens, then Ruby's voice is good for the whole 'goof off yet serious at times' thing I see.

5. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Of course it is fine the way it is. I just wasn't expecting it. As for other voice overs, I agree with Myst; they were likely rushed and the voice overs will probably improve. Also, Wiess is my favorite as well. (She seems extremely popular.)

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Ruby will remain my favorite. Besides, they have until July 5-7 to make any improvement to the voice acting.

7. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Woo all 4 are out, Yellow's trailer was ok, though the scene with Yang and Junior, where Yang punches Junior down there, then punches him again later on was something I did not expect. It was very comedic, and I did not expect it at all. The fight scenes were ok too, especially Yang vs the two girls. I can't wait for July. The voice acting wasn't that bad though. Ruby's voice was a bit surprising, but I can deal with it. They have a lot of time to fix the voice acting anyway.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I thought I would say something since no one seems to have noticed yet; Earlier someone mentioned how Yang got a mash-up instead of a new song, but the last song in the mash-up was new. Just thought I would point it out to those who have not noticed.

9. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I actually did notice that! =) Like it!
    It would have been neat to have had it through her entire trailer, though.

10. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I can understand that, but at the same time I LOVE how they remixed the other three songs. Overall, everything in the Yellow trailer was done quite nicely; voice expectations aside. I really don't have a problem with ruby's voice, it's just that the lines weren't delivered very well. Still, like everyone keeps saying, they have plenty of time to improve that.

11. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh yes!
    The mix of their songs and their colors in the setting.......<3 just lovely!

12. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I noticed it too, it was some point after Yang beat the DJ. The new song was pretty cool, but I preferred Blake's song.

13. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I think the quote at the beginning is the most confusing part for me:

When I first read that, I kind of expected Yang to be slightly off in some way. Two different colored eyes, maybe a crooked nose, something to make her less "symmetrical". It could be referring to her personality, I guess. She seems unscrupulous, willing to grab a man's nuts to get her way. And she is very willing to use her feminine charms to get a cheap shot in.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

As long as were on the subject of possible un-noticed things. Anyone else catch the similarities between Ruby's and Yang's trailers? It might actually be a hint that they are related in some sort of way.

15. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Yes I did notice those.
    At the very end it said they were sisters, are you talking about some other form of Relation?

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

Well, it's not set in stone that they're truly sister. There's also the possibility that there very close friends, but we'll have to wait and see for the answer.

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

True, But I still Like to think they will be sisters. The idea just fits in my mind. All the same, you are right, we will have to wait and see...

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

After checking Roosterteeth's RTX schedule, the first episode of RWBY might be shown between 3:00-4:00 in Austin and hopefully not to long afterwards we can see it via the internet.

EDIT: Public premiere is July 18

19. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Heya guys while the first episode was not released a few bootleg videos of RWBY's intro hit Youtube!

Of course, there's a chance this might be pulled down so here's a few bits of info.
    -Gives off an anime opening vibe and features a new Rock genre song.
    -Shows a bunch of new characters:
    +Someone wearing a white cloak. He/she is standing behind where the tombstone is when Ruby was in the beginning of the Red trailer.
    +One guy who has the same colors as Weiss and looks to be the leader of an organization.
    +A girl who's almost pitch black, except for a yellow design from her chest down to her arms and white eyes. With a wall of fire and two other black silhouettes behind her.
    +Another group of four characters standing in front of a pair of statues.
    +And finally two characters riding an airship.
    -Shows Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang fighting as a team.
    -Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang have emblems. Ruby is a Rose, Weis is a Snowflake, I can't see Blake's, Yang has some kind of heart-shaped emblem with what looks like flames on top.

Also here's a 45 minute Panel with the VAs, writers and animators talking about the show and characters!
    -The trailers were only created by a small part of the team.
    -The characters were created to fit the VAs personalities. Meaning the VAs are basically playing themselves.
    -There's an element that plays a big part to the story called Dust. The writers compare it to their show's version of magic though they're reluctant to call it magic. The characters' weapons can use Dust for stronger attacks, though it is said weapons aren't required to use the power of Dust.
    -When a character is using Dust they will glow, this can be seen in some of the trailers such as in the Black trailer when Adam does his special Sword Draw attack and in the Yellow trailer when Yang when powers up.
    -Monty's been thinking about making this show for a really long time. But it was only last June that he actually named it RWBY and started creating characters.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973