Television RWBY

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by greater_bloo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Nice.
    Will definitely be looking forward to it.

Thanks for the update, Myst!

2. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Can't wait! Just around one month and the whole set will have been revealed! If the first three are any indication, she will be impossibly Epic!

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

The Yellow Trailer should be up sometime today

Important EDIT

The Trailers up, just not on YouTube yet. Here it is

4. Mysty Unknown

Thank you MoK. I had completely forgot about Yellow today. I knew something was important when I woke up. Go figure I'd forget. So, lets see. First thing that comes to mind when I watched this... Hot. And that is meant to be serious and a pun. The only thing that was a tad upsetting was the mic quality. You can tell when its on or not. Ruby's voice wasn't the greatest thing ever either.

5. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

It had quite a few flaws but it's probably my second favorite trailer. I felt the animation in this one was the best but it faces the same problem as the Black trailer when it comes to voice acting. It did better than Blake considering how many different characters were voiced and Yang's was okay. Ruby's was disappointing. I also like the representation in this trailer. The club having all red, black and white which is reminiscent of the past trailers, the three trailers songs being mashed up (though I wish they made a new one for Yellow) and the Sun near Yang and the Moon near Ruby at the end of the trailer.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Ruby's voice to me was acceptable. It kinda matches the personality I was hopping that she would have.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Ruby's voice for me was... okay. Not good or bad just... okay. Then again she's only said like two lines, so who knows I might grow to like it.

Also, the Yellow trailer was awesome. SHOTGUN FISTS, BABEEH!

8. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    DID YOU SEE THAT PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow- Let's kiss and make up ok?
    Jr- Errr huh o-ok*Goes in for the kiss*
    Yellow-*About to embrace the kiss instantly decking Jr right in his face.*
    Jr-*Quiet time while airborne instantly slamming into the wall.*

My only thing is I don't really like Ruby's voice I kinda figured it be more dark and mysterious like Akira Takano from School Rumble just a bit more darker

And also the twins I hated their voices I like the more dark soft spoken sounding type of twins not the came from Beverly Hills thing. But hey you like what you like.

9. Doukuro Chaser

I was curious about Yellow since the only clue we got about her was 'yellow beauty burns gold' but at least that turned out to be true. But even though the fight's cool and everything the voice acting makes me worry this will be a cheesy show so I'm not so sure about it anymore.

10. Llave Superless Moderator

oh dear god the only thing that's keeping this flawless is that unbelievably subpar voice acting.

I'm still on the fence with this, but as always, Monty's fighting animations are genius.

11. Jayn

Eh. I was hoping she'd be like ... Goldilocks or something? Lol. But okay.

I don't know. It was a bit disappointing. The fights in all of them are EXCELLENT. Like, oh my goodness. And the character designs and weapons are amazing.

The voice acting is so bad in my opinion. Okay, not the WORST it could be, but very mediocre. You would think that with their massive fanbase, they would have found a more professional / high quality cast to work with.

Ruby's voice ... Her voice!! So disappointing. I thought, as stated, she'd have a deeper more mysterious air to her but she's just ... :CC I don't know, now I'm kind of expecting something cheesy with phenomenal action scenes, too. ​

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm not sure where people are getting the whole "Ruby's voice might be dark and mysterious". I never got the impression of her from her trailer at all.

13. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I just thought she shouldn't have a high squeaky one. In between would have been fine for me. Or even just a regular voice but not.....well yeah, high and squeaky. The entire trailer for Ruby made me think she was serious for the most part; she seemed responsible and like she knew what she was doing, combined with the mysterious look of her outfit with it's hood up, and the over all gothic lolita thing that was going on, I just never imagined her voice the way it is...

14. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I'll be honest to say that the voice acting isn't what I expected it to be. The quality of the voicing is a bit....ehhhh too.
    You have this amazing animation style, fighting, and character design then you have the voice acting that just doesn't quite fit with the rest.
    It's not the most horrible thing I have heard in the world, but it could use a bit of improvement. Though, being just the trailer, the voicing may get better. Who knows?
    I do agree that a new song for Yellow would have been really nice. I was actually kind of looking forward to hearing her song. Not that the mashup was bad =)
    I can't really say how I feel about Ruby's voice. Wasn't what I expected it to be, but I couldn't really see her with a dark and mysterious voice either. Somewhere between high pitch and low....mid-pitch????

Overall, the trailer was nice!
    As said before, the animation was again amazing! When Jr. was holding the lock of her hair, the way it swayed when he moved.....the overlapping!!! Also the fighting was wow! As it has been in every trailer.
    Yellow's personality is pretty cool too. Attitude but good.
    Those punches! =D
    And of course the setting of her fight was pretty neat. All of their colors in that one room.....genius.

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

A million times this.

I felt like I was watching the K-On English dub or something with this god awful voice acting, Monty seriously needs to improve the mic quality and the voices in general. Loved the fight sequences though, would be better if they just talked less.

(also white is the best girl)

(my opinion>yours)

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I should mention that out of the four, Yang is probably my favorite hands down.

Also,
    [​IMG]

What does this image have to do with anything? No idea just that Monty made it and I'd thought I'd show it.

17. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree with ya there strfruit! :3
    Animation, Fight Choreography, and Character Design is amazing but the voice acting could be way better.
    It seriously sounds like they got whoever they could grab to voice these characters. Which is strange considering Red vs Blue has overall good voice acting, well at least better than what's happening here.

And yeah I was sorta expecting something like a Yuki Nagato type voice from Haruhi Suzumiya for Ruby. Actually if I had my way, I'd want Ruby to be a mute kinda like Link or something. And she'd communicate with gestures lol. It'll be cute yet when she fights she'll be awesome lol.
    Not sure what to make of Yang's voice however. Fits her high spirit personality but the whole tough act around the time she was hurting Junior didn't really sound right.

But yeah the trailer was overall pretty good! Can't wait for the series! xD

18. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

This along with the other Dinosaur pic were jokes. I assume we'll get another one when he gets bored again.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Really? I never would of guessed. I mean I suspected but the raptor made me think this was totally legit!

20. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Who wouldn't want a raptor serving them coffee and donuts!?

[​IMG]

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is just for laughs. Haha
    Perhaps an "inside joke" thing with his teammates :3