Television RWBY

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by greater_bloo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

okay i agree but like, at the same time, remember when ruby was the show's main character instead of jaune? good times

2. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

That was a complaint about the first two seasons anyway. And I'd argue that RWBY are the main characters instead of just Ruby.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Fair point. That said, a person would have a hard time making the case that Ruby's gotten as much character development as the rest of them have.

4. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd like to think it's because they're getting the other characters out of the way first, giving Ruby a chance for something big like two seasons of her mum actually being alive or something. like, Raven was shown at the end of season two and we've seen nothing since then.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

6. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Anyone enjoy the finale?

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I mean...it was good for what it was. But that just goes to my big problem with this volume--nothing much happened. It was all just setup for the next volume. Yeah, I get that characters need to be conveyed from point A to point B and all that, but the entire volume just builds and builds...and then ends. IMO this was the weakest volume of the show so far, which is really disappointing.

8. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I rather liked it being slower or building up. I'd rather have a long term build up or character development so long as it's pay off is good. So to that end I liked it, I loved the grimm boss as well. It was a very menacing design. I liked explanation as well like the lore. So long as most of it remains legends anyway. Not everything needs to be shown or detailed.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I can understand why some people wouldn't like it. Personally I thought it was alright, not as good as the last Volume but still enjoyable. I think the reason it was like it was because they have plans to bring the next Volume later this year, so they made this volume the build up for what will happen next volume.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Stand alone I think this volume is pretty meh, but I'm happy for that. It's important to have a downbeat after the hectic last volume to keep spectacle creep from coming in too fast. And it serves as a nice foundation for next arc. It becomes hard to truly judge this volume without knowing how well they use that foundation. But especially if they are going to be doubling up I've got no complaints.

11. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I wouldn't be surprised if many didn't like it because they are just used to short series or nonstop action. The art of a slower story is almost lost these days.

12. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

How about that character short? Anyone? 8D

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

The Weiss character short is absolutely fantastic. It's somewhat of a return to form with their fight scene construction. Weiss' movements were goddamn beautiful and it was absolutely smooth. It's a joy to watch and I've gone back to rewatch it several times on account of the quality. As always, Jeff Williams is on point with the music. Not to mention the overall animation and visual quality.

I've got high hopes for Volume 5. Hopefully the animation staff have got a handle on Maya a bit better and some better fight direction so that the entire volume can be at this standard, at least.

14. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

The look, even outside combat, was just great overall. The series has had a steady improvement in it's animation since it began which I love. The fight was awesome overall but something about the moment Wiess uses fire stands out as pretty in my eyes. Not sure why. :D

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Blake character short is going to be up between Saturday-Monday. My source from RT says Saturday, but a literal week from today would be Monday so I'm not sure. I have more information about that here.

In the gif RT provided, it has Blake in Menagerie in her current outfit. Since Weiss' trailer ended with her waking up from a dream, I think Blake's will be her going into a dream, Ie, as she's walking around present day, she remembers things from the past and we're launched into that past, possibly a past with Ilia (possibly and hopefully) but that's just my guess on it so far. I can't wait to see it!

16. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Woot! Can't wait. :D

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

To anyone who might not know, we're getting closer to Vol.5's Premiere

[​IMG]

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT I DID NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!! OH MAH GAWD MAH BABY GIRLS ARE RETURNING!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BUDDDDDYYYY

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

This is why it's helpful to check the RWBY wikia

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Do you really think I check and/or know about it????????? I’m finding out about all of this today!!!