RWBY: Guardian's Saviors

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by LadyAzura, Apr 27, 2017.

1. CrownMoksha Decimo

Lazuli folded his arms across his chest as he listened to Auburn's explanation. It made more sense than after hearing it, not that he agreed with her decision. "I dunno, I'd wager that going out to find a way home is another mistake." His arms unfolded and fell down to his sides before finding a place to rest in his pockets. Overall he was pretty relaxed in contrast to both how she was and the current situation. On the ride here Lazuli had pointed out how compared to the rest of them, she was the only one who looked like they had some actual training behind their combat, a point that hadn't changed. "What brought about this change of heart anyway?" Lazuli had an idea, but wanted to be certain.

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Lloyd was ready for her to explode on him. His Aura was ready and he was already considering whether to activate his Semblance, where to dodge and at what range he could reasonably draw his weapon. None of that was necessary, to his surprise. She took a moment to reply, and spoke quite reasonably in fact.
    "Apology accepted. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have antagonised you earlier." He said, trying to show an equal sense of responsibility. He still wasn't convinced that he had been entirely in the wrong. "But perhaps next time, you might consider not putting a gun to someone's head as a way to introduce yourself." He smiled slightly, trying to reinforce the idea with a bit of light humour.
    "I'll be getting myself and my team ready." He nodded at Noire and headed off towards the inn. Now, there was someone who hadn't said or done much yet. As much as he needed tk get his own supplies ready, he could see that Arian and Dubhán were getting on with it. Someone was not.
    "Vice, we need to talk." Lloyd called out to the man, crossing the distance between the two of them. "Why aren't you getting ready? We're moving out soon, this isn't the time for standing around."

3. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

At the mention of the name of his teammate, Uva, he frowned. They hadn't really had any time at all to connect, but Blaine couldn't help feeling sadness that they would be losing a member for the time being.

For a moment, Blaine felt hopeful when he heard the new team name. The first letter wasn't his anymore...Did that mean that the leader would be changed? And when he heard his answer, he sighed. This burden was still his to bear, but he was still ready to take on all of its weight.

After the...fiasco that involved Arian and Noire, Blaine thought it best for him to return to the inn to resupply. He entered his room, and restocked on bullets, though he couldn't help but examine his weapons. Somehow, he didn't have the same...mental grip on them as before, as if he were just learning how to fight all over again. The images of the Grimm attacks rushed back into his head.

"I...might need something new. No, just...different." O
    nce again, he was left to contemplate his newfound fate. To hunt down these relics, defeat the sub-guardians, and save the whole world. Though he wouldn't pass up this chance, Blaine couldn't help but let his feelings sink back into the memories of a time where his world was just a bit smaller. He lay on his bed, taking a moment to regather his thoughts.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn looked away when Lazuli mentioned this could be another mistake. She liked to believe that she was fixing a mistake, not making one. Being here was a mistake, going to Beacon was a mistake, thinking she could ever work with a team and make it as a huntress, that was a mistake. She knew that she couldn't talk to people, so why did she even try to do this? It was a waste of time and money, at least she didn't have to waste more time than she needed to here.

"I wouldn't call it a change of heart. I just thought I could do this, and proved I couldn't." Auburn said bluntly before tearing away. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes and didn't want to make things worse for herself by crying while she was attempting to run away. She could have some dignity in it at least, hide the tears and just walk away, not turning back. Auburn would have liked to say with her head held high, but that would be a false statement as her shoulders were curled inwards, her head down as she reached for the door to leave once more. She hesitated but finally pushed the door open, taking a step away from Lazuli.

5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Dubhán smiled a little when Noire told him she had no idea why he'd bring a piece of rope. He figured she probably hailed from the protection of one of the four Kingdoms unlike himself and Lloyd, it never hurt to have a piece of rope with you, especially when you could run into unexpected situations that would prolong the activities beyond the relative safety of the village. You could extract one of the strands for making snares, use other strands to help create a sturdier shelter. It definitely had it's uses and he knew he was going to defy the instructions of Noire and perhaps risk his own beat down by her but a piece of rope was light and usefull, it's usefulness far outweighing the small inconvenience of having to bring it along.

While he had been waiting for Noire to answer, he had caught the discussion between Lloyd, Arian and Noire, Lloyd made a good point that while Arian made some questionable jokes he was still commited to the fight as Dubhán had seen for himself in the fight not long before. He would have to keep it in mind to prevent getting annoyed too much by said antics after all he was on the same team now. Dubhán listened silently to Noire's explanation for her behaviour and then simply excused himself to go gather up his things from the room and then acquire the supplies he thought he might need, mainly rations and water, but also grabbing a small coil of rope and a fire steel. He didn't count on having to spend prolonged time in the wild but it was good to be prepared for the particular eventuality, especially considering how the other day had gone.

6. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Qrow looked over the group as Noire was letting them know to gather whatever supplies they needed. He looked over at his scroll as he looked at what was on the screen.

To: Qrow
    Subject: New Order
    ~Dear Qrow,
    I hope this message has reached to you. Still trying to figure out how my new scroll works. Anyway, we've evacuated all the students from Beacon safely. They've all taken refuge in a place just a little bit away from Vale but still nearby. However, I need you to head ahead of the students. I'm sure Noire has reached you and the students. She'll be able to handle the two teams for now until they reach the next kingdom. Right now, I need you to head to Vacuo and see if you can locate the other Sub-Guardians and the location of the other relics. Noire will be able to locate the relic of Caspian. I had Brisa send her instructions to it. Head out as soon as you can. I will keep you updated on our situation here in Vale. Safe travels.
    Sincerely,
    Professor Ozpin
    ~

Qrow closed his scroll and looked up to see a fight between Arian and Noire start to rise. Before he could do anything, Lloyd had stepped up and stopped the impending clash. He let out a sigh of relief and made his way back to the inn where he saw Lazuli and Auburn talking to one another. Qrow looked over at Auburn and saw her wipe away her tears. He had then remembered her father coming up to him and Ozpin. He had told two about her nature and personality. He had also asked the two to look after her and make sure she was okay. He looked up to see Blaine walk back to his room. "Alright. This is getting painful to watch." He whispered to himself. He sent a quick message to Noire and had then walked up to Lazuli and Auburn. "All members of Team LABB are to meet with me in the meeting room right now. Lazuli, go get Blaine and bring him here. Now." Qrow took out his flask as he made his way to the room. He unscrewed the cap of his flask and took a swig of the alcohol that was in it. He screwed the top back on and put in his pocket as he waited for Team LABB.

~Meanwhile~

Noire felt something vibrate in her pocket. She reached her pocket and grabbed her scroll. She opened and had seen a message from Qrow pop up on her screen.

To: Noire
    Subject: Pass along a message for me, will ya?
    ~If Cadoc is still near you, tell him to head to the inn right now. Emergency Team LABB meeting right now. Make sure to tell him to get his ass there now.
    -Qrow
    ~

A little confused, Noire shrugged and looked around for Cadoc. She walked over to him and spoke. "Hey. Qrow needs you to get over to the inn. Right now. Team LABB is having an emergency meeting. So start running over." With that, Noire walked away as she opened up her scroll. She immediately told Qrow that his message has been passed along.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    ╔════
    »Rolling his eyes Arian tried not to act totally annoyed with Noire, though he was. "Yeah yeah, whatever, in the future please refrain from unnecessary judgement it is just how I cope." He wasn't fond of admitting such things, but he wouldn't hide it either, Arian wasn't that dumb to think hiding something like that would make it better for him. If anything it would just make things worse. He after all made badly timed jokes often enough that if people didn't get where they were coming from he might run into one too many incidences like the one he was in previously, and that idea didn't appeal to him all that much. He would much rather people understand why he was doing it even if he didn't share the entire thing that brought him to the coping mechanism. Knowing his luck that wouldn't stay a secret forever either, half the people here already knew as it was, but Noire didn't have to know, not yet at least. His ties with the white fang shouldn't matter that much, and if someone said otherwise, then there was likely to be an issue on their hands.
    ════╝
    With Qrow standing directly in front of her, Auburn couldn't really say no to his demand to meet him in the meeting room. Perhaps whenever this was all over, whatever he wanted to talk about, she could tell him her plans to leave. She wasn't going to tell him, wasn't going to tell anyone, but now Lazuli knew about it and he would likely tell Qrow anyways as soon as she left. Not that he would really care that much if she did leave but he would still know regardless of her efforts, so perhaps there was no pain in just telling him outright.

Lazuli was sent off to find Blaine, leading Auburn to trail slightly behind Qrow as she watched him take a sip from his flask. Her father talked highly of Qrow, but so far all she was seeing was an angry drunk. He had barely been leading them, getting in fights with new people, and bossing them around. He was the person she was supposed to look for for help? Auburn started to wonder if her father was insane for convincing her that she could do this. Nothing was going all that right and she couldn't imagine why he needed to meet with just their team, it made her very uncomfortable, especially when she found herself waiting in the room with just Qrow for the rest of her, so called team, to arrive.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"Thank you for letting me know miss Noire! I'll go see him right away." Turning from the group, Cadoc headed off towards the inn. He briefly wondered what could constitute an emergency team meeting, but It wasn't as if he was particularly familiar with anyone yet. If nothing else, he supposed he could use the opportunity to familiarize himself with their individual personalities. Before long he arrived at his destination and found Qrow and Auburn waiting.

"Reporting for duty captain!" He projected his usual, cheerful facade as he took a seat nearby.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

She had very much set her mind to leaving, that much was clear and convincing people was not a strong point of his. Just as he was going to speak before Auburn could fully leave, Qrow had approached them. First off, where did he come from and why the sudden emergency meeting? Glancing in Auburn's direction gave a general idea as to a reason behind that. "If you say so." He said nonchalantly as he made his way up the stairs. It had taken a bit for him to find exactly where Blaine's room was. Soon after finding it, he gave the door a quick knock. "We got a meeting to go to leader." Now he could just leave it at that and head down to where the meeting was taking place, but he figured it'd be best to make sure that he actually opened the door.

While everyone had been preparing to head out once more, Vice had well, done the opposite. Ever since they had gotten back Vice had found himself a place to sit that was decently away from the others, placed his weapon down and just sat there waiting. All this time that they were using to get ready was time that could've been used to find the temples that they were looking for. His attention towards Lloyd, the supposed leader of their little group, and he made a small gesture towards his weapon that rested near him. "As you can see I've done all the preparations that I need."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Blaine smiled as he retrieved an item from his bag. It looked like a pair of headphones, with a metal band and two earmuff-like cups on each end. Just the feeling of it in his hands reminded him of the days where he could solve most of his issues by punching them down and leaving them for the police to find. Now he'd have to learn how to properly work together with not just his team, but real, professional hunters.

He looked over at the open door to see Lazuli call for him. Apparently, he was needed with the others for some kind of meeting, but what for? Wasn't everything already explained to them? Nodding to him anyway, he quickly packed his essentials in his pack and exited the room, taking one last glance back inside to make sure he didn't forget anything, and closed the door. Arriving at the meeting, he saw that some teammates had already arrived.

"Is something wrong?"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Qrow watched as everyone on the team file into the room. After they all take a seat, Qrow clears his throat. "Alright! Listen up!" He looked at each member of the team before continuing to speak. "Now I called you guys here because there are issues within this team that absolutely need to be addressed." He started pacing a bit as he spoke. He then stopped and looked at the four sitting in the room. "For instance, lack of communication with one another! The whole concept of a 'team' is to talk to each other. Not 'Oh we just became a team? Great how about we all have a least one or two conversations with each other and that'll be the end of that'!!" Qrow raised both his arms up before letting them fall to his side. He placed one hand on his hip and the other on his forehead. He began to pace once again as he rubbed his foreheads. After a few moments, he stops and sighs. He then takes out his flask and takes a sip from it before putting the lid back on. "I know you guys just became a new team but for God's sake communicate!!!!" He walks over to Blaine and then continues. "You're leader of this team goddamn it. You're suppose to bring the team together! I shouldn't have to be the one to do it." He then points to Auburn. "She's not that big on interacting with others. I should know, her father told me before she even got to Beacon." He pauses and looks at her before looking back at Blaine. "A part of the job as a leader is to make sure everyone gets along and that everyone on your team is comfortable." He backs up a bit and then speaks to everyone. "And don't think I'm calling out on him alone. You all need to do your part too. Cadoc, I know you just became part of this team but at least try to talk to them." He looks to Cadoc and then to Lazuli. "And you, I appreciate the care for your teammates. Aaand stopping Auburn from whatever she was gonna do. Keep that up. And you little missie...." He then looked over to Auburn. He walked up and crouched down to eye level. "Your old man told me to keep you safe but if I can make good on my part, you'll have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit and say something. I know your a little scared but don't be scared to talk to one of your teammates or your leader or your entire team. Nothing starts until you take the first step. Alright?" He stood up and walked back. The huntsman looked back at the team before speaking again. "Alright. I think you heard enough of my voice. I'm gonna leave the room and give you guys some time to chat and get to know each other and stuff. Don't forget what I said. Got it? I don't want this to happen again." With that, Qrow took another swig from his flask and exited the room, leaving Team LABB by themselves.

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Cadoc silently mourned his situation. He didn't really think he was to blame for everyone else running off on him, though he supposed he could have tried a little harder to go after one of the others, but... not all that much time had passed since they had just up and told him he was part of the team. Shrugging it off, he accepted Qrow's judgment as the huntsman stormed out with his alcohol. After all, it wasn't as if he was actually being punished for some imaginary wrongdoing.

"So... I suppose since I'm the newest, I should formally introduce myself! My name is Braden Cadell, but most people call me Cadoc. It's nice to meet you all!"

13. Aelin Best Waifu

So it seemed why they needed meet in this room was a meeting to talk about how their worked as a team. Auburn already knew that she was lacking in the communication department, that was part of the reason she wanted to leave. When Qrow turned to her and addressed her in particular, Auburn took a step back and shied a way a little bit as he crouched to her level to talk to her. Why was so much of this about her? Who cared about her? Of course her father had talked to Qrow before she got there. The old man worried far too much about her sometimes and did his best to care for her. But now she could only think of why he wasn't here instead of her? He could do so much more than she ever could.

As Qrow tried to give her instructions, Auburn bowed her head and meekly apologized to him before he stood up and walked off telling them to talk to each other. She still wasn't a fan of that idea, but at least their new member made an effort to speak, so... she would too because it was clear she wasn't going to go far from here, and her father would be mad if she walked away now. She had to do as Qrow said and step out of her comfort zone, try to talk.
    "H-hi... I'm Auburn Miyashiro." She replied to him, glancing over at Lazuli and then to the others. She wondered how much any of them knew about some of the more popular Hunters, especially those that did most of their notable work eleven years ago, and only went back into the field a couple years ago. When he raised her, for 9 years he disappeared from the Hunter scene, but now he was back and Auburn wondered if anyone would draw the connection... or care, about the man who she called father and also saw as a hero. However she had always been such a shut in, perhaps he wasn't as important as she liked to believe perhaps it would mean nothing in the end.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

For most of Qrow's rant upon them all arriving at the meeting spot, Lazuli didn't really pay complete attention. He heard him, definitely that, but listening was a different matter. Beside he got the general idea of what they were saying. They needed to work on the actual 'team' part of their group, probably more so now given that they were given a whole new member. Qrow speaking directly at him had been met with a quick thumbs up', followed up with a "No problem" before they were left to well.communicate. Braden, rather Cadoc, was the first to speak an introduce themselves. So this is how they were going to go about this? Not quite what he'd expected but it worked all the same anyway.

Auburn's introduction received a different reaction. Miyashiro. Miyashiro. That name, he knew it sounded familiar. He sat on this for a few more moments before before the metaphorical light bulb dinged overhead. There was an audible snapping of his fingers for the others to hear though. "You're Onyx Miyashiro's daughter?" No sooner than the words left his mouth did the pieces all start falling into place. Why she seemed to be the more experienced out of all of them namely. He may have never met the guy, properly anyway, but he has heard a lot about him from the mass hunters that roamed the slums in Mistral when he was younger and he'd be fortunate actually see him in action two years ago while he was out on his 'expeditions'. An impressive sight to see first hand, one that stuck with him eversince.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

"I-" Auburn was a little caught off guard by how the boy just spoke out like he did. "Well.... Sort of. I mean I am not biologically his daughter, he has never been married even." She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck a little awkwardly trying to explain it. It was odd talking like this, but at the same time it was about a subject she was comfortable with, so it made things a little easier, and she wasn't actually ashamed of the fact she was adopted. She was actually rather happy that her father chose her. He didn't have to keep her but he did and he trained her and it was nothing to be ashamed of. "I am his adopted daughter. He raised me since I was five." Auburn finally said shifting slightly uncomfortable under the pressure of having any attention at all on her. But maybe now it made sense why Qrow was so worried about her. You did not want to mess with her father. He was scary when he wanted to be. Over all Auburn believed her father to be great and kind, and she had seen him have many good laughs with Qrow, when the old drunk man used to come over to check up on her father or ask for his help with something, but when he got mad, he could be scary and she knew it, that is why she knew that Qrow probably had that talk to save his own butt. That being said they both probably wanted to see her succeed, so maybe she needed to try, at least a little longer.

16. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Shame and regret filled his core as Blaine listened to Qrow. It made him sad that they needed an emergency meeting to help them grow closer to each other as a team, when he should have been the one trying to bring them all together in the first place. But he refused to let his head fall, he listened with full intent to understand, and take this in as a lesson, his first lesson at Beacon, perhaps. To be a better leader, and perhaps more importantly, be a better friend.

He listened to each of his teammates as they all properly introduced themselves. "And I am Blaine Carmine. Apologies for not being the leader you all deserve, I promise I'll try harder!"

Hearing Auburn's last name struck a hard bell in his memories. And then Lazuli had spelled it out for him, and Blaine finally realized why he had felt a sense of familiarity upon seeing Auburn before. "Wow...You're Miyashiro's daughter..." Blaine couldn't help but feel amazed to have someone close to the Huntsman on his team. "I've heard of him, read many great things about him. He was a big inspiration for me!"

Qrow's words were quickly brought back to the front of his mind. Deciding to steer the conversation towards Auburn instead of her father, who he could always ask about at another, preferably better time, he took a quick breath. "Ahem...Err--Since you were five? So you've been..." And now he was, perhaps, stepping over some lines. "If you don't mind me asking...You've been without a family before?" The thought of not having anyone care for you was completely foreign to him, but he wanted to understand his teammates better if he was to work with them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  17. Aelin Best Waifu

More talk of her father. While Auburn loved and admired her father, she felt like there was a bar being set that she could never meet. She was not her father, she would never be her father, and she highly doubted that she would ever have the strength to be as good or famous as her father was. Still she wouldn't speak of that to anyone here, instead keeping her mouth shut and speaking highly of her father instead. "Yeah... He is pretty great, there are not many up and coming huntsman who haven't heard of him it seems, and I guess that he has been talking to Qrow as well...." Auburn trailed off with her thoughts wondering all of what he had said to Qrow and if they were in recent contact or if it was all from the warnings before he left her at the academy.

Blaine then turned and asked about her family before. Thanks to having such a good father to raise her, Auburn didn't find it too bad to speak about it. She was aware that she was adopted, and her father had gone to great lengths to make sure it was something she had learned to accept and deal with. That being said that didn't mean she liked talking anymore, it was something that her father struggled with getting her to do. That being said because of his profession, he felt like it was better to train her at home and not send her to a battle school, so she had never been forced into a whole lot of social interactions before this, generally just having to deal with one or two people that would stop by her house, most of them being huntsmen and huntresses that came to visit with or check on her father.

"I have never really been without family per say.... What happened was that, my parents and I lived on the outskirts of a smaller town, they didn't like the business of the city you see and well. Grimm managed to breach the perimeter of the town, our house was one of the first to be attacked. My parents died protecting me, but before the grimm could hurt me too much my father came to my aid. He killed the grimm that I was trying to stand off against. Apparently I had grabbed a kitchen knife and was standing over my moms body trying to defend it. He said he saw something in me that day, something that was missing in his life, so he took me in and raised me as his own. I don't actually remember much about that entire thing... just what he told me, but yeah... he has been like a father to me ever since so I can't really say I have been without one." Auburn explained, her voice meek as she backed up a little bit biting at her lower lip nervously. She still didn't make eye contact with Blaine, she didn't really want to know what he was thinking after that, she had just done her best to explain and to Auburn it sounded like she was looking for pity when that was not the case, it made her rather uncomfortable.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

To hear that she wasn't the legitimate daughter of Onyx, but the adopted one was news to him. Then again none of the rumors that he heard ever went into details regarding the legitimacy of any kids that he may or may not have. None of them even mentioned kids in any way, shape or form for that matter. Lazuli listened to the story of how Auburn lost her birth parents and met her adopted parent and it was a true example of the harsh realities they face in this world. The huntsmen and huntresses could only do so much after all. That of course being a small reason in which he decided to be a hunter among other things, the vast majority was his own natural born interest with a hint of defining his father. "That must've been rough, but from the sounds of it your father was good at helping you adjust."

19. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

With full attention, he listened to her story, amazed at how she survived and winded up as the adoptive daughter of a huntsman from outside her village. This was just about the first of their real conversations together, and he already felt as if he'd caught a glimpse through her exterior. The part with her moving to defend her mother was the one thing he could connect to. The instinct to defend something to the very end, perhaps something he could forge a connection out of to better this team.

"Wow...That is truly a heart-moving story." He nodded in agreement with Lazuli's comment. Though Auburn wasn't looking at Blaine, he smiled at her anyway. "Yes. Despite rough beginnings, I am happy to know that you were lead down a path to greatness as a huntress."

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Lloyd noted that he had done his preparations, just quickly. Well, that wasn't the crux of the issue anyway.
    "It's not your prep that concerns me VIce, it's your lack of communication." The Huntsman said severely. "We're going into dangerous territory, and in the two fights we've been in, you haven't communicated with us at all. You don't talk to us off the job either." He looked Vice straight in the eyes.
    "We're about to head out into the world. You need to start talking to us. We need to know we can rely on you." He'd have to have another talk at a later time to figure out what this grudge of his was, but until then this would have to do. He didn't trust Vice, and he needed to know that he could rely on the man.