RWBY: Guardian's Saviors

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by LadyAzura, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Deep within my brain
    133
    238
    Blaine heard someone walk down the halls, yelling something about food and drinks. He paused his exercise and took a sitting position, thinking it over. Well, he didn't plan on sleeping anytime soon, and if he wasn't going to exercise, he might as well try and socialize with everyone else, right? Surely, there'd be a good amount of people that would take the offer of some refreshments. He even heard atleast one rush down the hall, yelling about some specific food that they wanted. He'd join them soon, he just had to finish his quick goal of a few push-ups and sit-ups.

    As soon as he finished, Blaine quickly stood up and exited his room, going down the hall and into the dining room, where he was pleasantly surprised to find that there were already a handful of people there. Actually, it looked like almost everyone was there, though there were some faces he didn't recognized. Fortunately, he managed to catch the name of one of them. Dubhán...

    He silently took a seat and looked around, making sure to take in and memorize all of their faces. Truth be told, Blaine wasn't really that hungry. He was just glad to see everybody together, in a situation that didn't involve fighting some mad Goddesses.
     
  2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    772
    [​IMG]

    Dubhán seemed a man of few words, not particularly social at all. Everyone else he had met so far, apart from the quiet girl on Blaine's team at least, had said a little more than that. He wasn't going to open up quickly at all. More were joining them though. Lazuli he remembered from the meeting earlier, and Blaine showed too. He was glad to see a couple from BLAU showed. He wondered what happened to Vice, but if the man didn't want to talk to them then that was his decision. He'd have to talk to him tomorrow though.
    "Don't worry about it Lazuli. I don't think anyone will mind after the day we've had." He hardly knew the people around him. His team he knew a little about - Why they became Hunters and Huntresses and all that. But as people? What they liked do? Stuff like that? Precious little. Times like this were when they could talk and be casual about it. He noted that Blaine hadn't yet uttered a word. "You doing alright over there Blaine?" All he had to do was get the guy into the conversation, get him talking. Arian would come over, say something and then everything would sort of work itself out. At least, that's how he figured it. That's how it seemed to go. His eyes flicked over to Dubhán for a moment, then back to Blaine. He felt a bit bad that he wasn't engaging the guy further, but he didn't seem to want to talk. And the tired Huntsman had wanted to get to know his fellow team leader a bit better.

    Lloyd leaned back in his seat, trying to relax a little more. He was going to enjoy his sleep. Talking wasn't always his strong point, and he'd need to rest up after doing this much of it. Not to mention being a leader now... But this wasn't the time to worry about that. He needed to make the effort. Be a leader, be social. It wasn't just about him anymore. He could rest when he was done.
     
  3. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    Lazuli gave Lloyd a shrug at first before speaking. "True enough, in that case I'll take an ale as well." It would be a lie to say that he didn't briefly consider proclaiming a round of drinks would be on Arian. It would be funny to see the variety of reactions from everyone, but presuming he couldn't back up those words, it wouldn't end with the best of results. There also wasn't a need for two people to offer to pay for everyone anyway. Instead he took a seat on one of the free spots at the bar.
     
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,417
    [​IMG]
    ╔════
    »As he ordered and waited for his drink, another student, Lazuli if he recalled correctly, walked up and questioned his choice. "Of course I want to do it. Why wouldn't I. My parents think if they keep throwing money at me I will eventually join them, may as well make good use of that money." Arian stated before getting his food and ale and turning back to the bar tender. "And one for my friend as well." He stated before striding away just in time to hear who the new guy was. "Hey Dubhan, go get a drink, or some food, it is on me after all. Then maybe tell us a little about yourself. Give us something interesting, I mean you can find out enough about us by just looking at us. For one thing, she is glowing and I am part wolf." Arian pointed out before looking at Lloyd. "He is boring and you can't tell much about him so you can make him share about himself if you want." Arian continued to ramble on some as he started to sip on his ale, rather happy about it.

    With Lloyd getting Lazuli off his back and Blaine joining them, Arian felt rather content about how this whole thing was going. "So what do you think those other boring people are doing right about now? Who would pass up the chance for free food after all?" Arian stated with a shrug. He had hoped everyone would take him up on his offer, but in the end it was their loss.
    ════╝
     
  5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    595
    [​IMG]

    The teamleader didn't seem to be too thrilled with Dubhán's answer. He had given the information requested from him and that was that. Lloyd didn't make any additional inquiries to him. He wasn't that curious about him then instead engaging some bloke named Blaine in conversation asking how the bloke was doing. He caught the glance from the team leader but wasn't sure what he saw in it. It didn't matter as the man wasn't going to talk to him, and as far as he knew he wasn't part of their team anyways, sure they were in this together, and were to work together on this mission but he still felt he could only rely on himself, if everyone did then no time would be lost supporting those who couldn't do their part. He had made up his mind as to what he wanted to eat and he would join in with the ale, partaking in the ritual. The faunus mentioned something about using money why he had it so it was fine to use it, Dubhán could find himself in that sentiment, after all that was why he was here, to make use of the offer while it was still out.

    Just before he wanted to order Aryan told him to order cause it was on him. Dubhán was mildly annoyed at being reminded he had listened to the bloke in the hallway and the reminder was just unnecessary. He had understood what had been said and didn't need a reminder. It wasn't too bad just a minor annoyance at the wasted energy in communication. He didn't show it though, he walked up to the bartender. "
    I'd like to order a roast leg of lamb and an ale as well." Dubhán said, it was the bare minimum in his eyes, the conversation purely functional. The faunas sat down at a table, Dubhán took his own ale from the bartender, gave the barkeep a polite nod and joined at the table. The faunas asked him to talk something about himself. Dubhán thought for a moment, there wasn't too much to tell really, just a kid from a village outside of the kingdoms. He snorted at the remark about Lloyd, it was clear that the faunas was too observant.

    After taking a sip from his ale which tasted different from what he had had before, he didn't think this one was better than what he had, it was slightly worse in his opinion but that could be the bias or a little home sickness talking. He collected his thoughts and looked at Arian. "
    To my knowledge I'm a solo operative, I hail from outside the kingdoms. There's nothing remarkable about me, just a kid who came to Beacon to train as a huntsman." Dubhán said. He considered explaining how he got here, before they did while none of the other students were here. It wasn't anything too important in his eyes. Arian asked no one in particular wondering what they thought the other students were doing. The answer was fairly simple in his eyes, it had been a long day they were resting, like they all ought to. "Resting." Dubhán said shortly as an answer to Arian's question, yawning afterwards. He'd probably retire to his own bed shortly after he had his meal.
     
  6. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    603
    As Qrow, Glynda, Makani, and Fiametta walk out of the room Glynda spoke up. "Do you two understand what must be done now?" The two Sub-Guardians nodded their head before Makani spoke. "If that's what it takes then I can't object, but, it doesn't mean I'm going to like this." Makani crossed his arms as Fiametta opened up. "Neither will I but if that is what we have to do then we must. But do the others know about their task?" Qrow immediately replied. "That's why Makani and the other two will meet up while you head to your spot and he heads to his. Got that Makani?" Makani looked over to the Huntsman before nodding his head."I've already sent them a letter to their scrolls about it. It should be fine." Fiametta nodded her head. After saying their 'good nights', the two went to their separate rooms. Glynda looked over to Qrow and spoke up. "Do you think Headmaster Ozpin will be alright?" Qrow looked over to where the Sub-Guardians were just standing before responding. "He'll be fine. He might be in position already." Glynda sighed before nodding her head. She walked off to her room to get some sleep for the night. Before Qrow walked off, he saw some shadows moving about and out of the inn. He scratched his head before sighing. "This is the last time I take the babysitting job, Ozpin." He walked out of the inn and followed what appeared to be Arian and some of the other students walking into a tavern. He waited for a few minutes before sighing and walking into the tavern. Qrow looked around before spotting the students chatting. Among them, he had seen Aalis glowing blue before sneezing and reverting back to normal. The Huntsman sighed before shouting toward the students. "Alright! Back to your rooms now!!" Qrow pointed toward the doors before walking over to Arian. "Alright rich boy. Get back to the inn before I show the meaning of fear and labor. That goes for the rest of you!! Inn. Now." As Qrow led out the students one-by-one, he walked over to the bartender. "Mind filling up my flask?" The bartender looked at him before Qrow followed up. "Put it on the kid's tab." The bartender shrugged as he filled up Qrow's flask. With that, Qrow marched the other students back to their room.

    -------------------------------------------------------NEXT DAY NEXT DAY NEXT DAY!!---------------------------------------------------

    Makani and Fiametta walked out of the inn as the sun started to rise. Qrow followed them outside. "
    Well. I guess this it. You ready Maki?" Fiametta looked over to Makani as he looked up. "Stay safe Fia. Let me know when you get there." She nodded before her and Makani turned toward Qrow. "Sorry. I'm not good with good bye speeches. Both of you got the relics?" The two nodded in confirmation. Fiametta picked up her stuff before waving and walking off to her destination. Makani picked up his stuff and did the same. Qrow walked back inside the inn as he saw the two walk off.

    Glynda had woken up the students and called them into the lobby. "I hope you all had a good night's sleep." Qrow interjected. "You guys are gonna need it today. So be ready." Glynda cleared her throat before speaking once more. "Braden and Dubhán. You two will be joining one of the teams temporarily. Braden, you will be with Team BLAU and Dubhán, you will be with Team LAVA. As for our next step moving forward..." Qrow immediately interrupted Glynda and followed up. "You guys are going to need to start saving the Four. In order to do that, you guys are going to need the relics that belong to each Guardian, The relics are with each Sub-Guardian but of the opposite element. You'll need to find the temple that belongs to each Guardian. So, to start off, we're in Mistral. The temple you'll need to find will be-" A scream echoed, interrupting Qrow before revealing the temple's owner. Qrow and the others ran outside to see the townspeople running in all different directions. Glynda looked over to the west to find Grimm terrorizing and destroying the town. "It's coming from the west!" Qrow immediately shouted. "They're brought some friends coming in from the east!" The two looked at each other before hearing a roar ring out toward the center of the town. "We can't handle all of them!" Qrow pondered for a moment before shouting. "We won't need to!" Qrow paused and looked over to the two teams. "Do you guys think you can handle some Grimm? 'Cause we don't have time for hesitation! LAVA TO THE EAST!! BLAU TO THE WEST! Glyna! You and I head to the center! Hurry before more people get hurt!" Before the groups left, Qrow threw a bag to the team leaders. "Distribute to your team! They'll help when you're in a bind! Good luck!" Each bag had contained what appeared to be bottles of Medicine. With that, the group went to their respective locations. When both teams arrived to their destinations, what greeted them were a pack of Beowolf Grimm and Ursa Grimm.


    MISSION TIME!
    Each team will be fighting 10 Beowolves and 1 Ursa
    Bewolves cost 4 BP to defeat.
    Ursa cost 8 BP to defeat.

    Each person starts off with 15 HP, 5 BP and 3 Bullets/Arrows/Throwing Knives!
    When HP is low, each person can carry up to two Medicine bottles. Medicine can only be used once per battle but can heal up to 10 HP.

    MISSION BEGIN!
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  7. cstar stay away from my waifu

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    3,252
    [​IMG]
    "Alright boys!" Aalis at this point was no longer glowing blue. She did for quite a while but now she had no aura which made no difference to her but probably made her teammates grateful for the lack of distraction. Aalis braced herself a minute and rubbed her nose before pulling out her fan and saying, "Let's get this party started! Yee haw!" and the girl ran at the Grimm. She got herself a slice straight across with one of the Beowulfs and sniffled a bit as she managed to defeat at least one Beowulf. Aalis got a good hit in with the Ursa. Aalis backed on up afterwards, hopping a bit to keep herself moving while she swished around her fan saying, "I bet I can get more of these down than any of you." She looked over at Arian and had a mischievous grin on her face, "'Less ya think you're better than me?"

    9/10 Beowulfs left. Ursa has 7BP. Aalis has 15HP left

    [​IMG]
    Uva, having not really interacted with her team much, didn't really wait for her team to get started. Uva charged on in silently and tried her best to sneak behind the group. She kept herself low to the ground until she was behind the Ursa. She decided to go after the one that stood out from the crowd first. She didn't know if it was stronger or weaker by design, so she just went with it anyway. Snapping some fire dust into her boot she charged up and kicked hard into the back of it's leg and it let out a cry while some fire blasted out. Uva let the blade extend a bit as she backed away and did a flip to get out of the way. Rubbing her face while she was aware she'd just put herself as central focus in the crowd. She sighed a bit and fixed up her hood and held her hands out for balance as she got ready to do more kicking.

    10/10 Beowulfs left. Ursa has 3BP left. Uva has 15HP left.​
     
  8. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    The wait for the ale he had ordered was cut short and not because the tavern had some sort of excellent service and brought him his drink. Not to say that they didn't have excellent service or anything, it wasn't well shown on the other hand. Either way, the reason that the wait was cut short was because of the service, but as a result of Qrow showing up and kicking them out. You'd think that a bar would be where he was at his happiest. Before they were completely ushered out, he quickly slipped a note to the bartender. A note that simply read 'I'll be back for my ale.'

    The next day had started off with the simple intention of having them find some sort of relic thing. That did not last long before they had to deal with an oncoming threat of grimm. To combat this threat the students themselves would be dispatched to deal with them. His team would be dealing with the ones to the east. The grimm threat was large in the are in which they were in, something that was likely the same about the others. Nevertheless, Lazuli drew the longer blade out his two sword and went to strike the nearest Grimm to him. Fortunately this beowulf wasn't paying complete attention to him as a result of Uva's attacks. This provided him with the proper chance to deal a swift end to the Grimm.

    HP: 15
    Grimm Defeated: 1 Beowulf
    Grimm Remaining: 9/10 Beowulf, 1 Ursa (3/8 BP)

    ~~

    Vice had been rather distant from his team for the most part regarding interactions. This continued to when they had entered the battle field when he still didn't say anything. His hammer like weapon was hefted onto his shoulder, he went to dealing with the grimm before him. Instead of taking the easy route and dealing with the Beowulf, Vice had gone straight for the Ursa near the back of the pack. The beast had spotted him right as he swung his hammer and despite being able to somewhat block the attack, the full force still was sent through its body and dealing some damage.

    HP:15
    Grimm Remaining: 9/10 Beowulf, 1 Ursa (2/8 BP)
     
  9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    772
    [​IMG]

    Arian and Lazuli started drinking, Dubhán joined them, and talked a little about himself. Another person from outside the Kingdoms indeed. He thought he had the look of one. And a lone wolf. That didn't bode well for teamwork. He had to work with some people surely? He decided not to drink, and instead fetched some water and returned to his seat.
    "I'm from outside the Kingdoms too," Lloyd added, setting his glass down and glancing over at the quiet student. "Village in the mountains South-East of the city. Lavender it was called. Nice place, if remote." A hint of nostalgia entered his voice as he talked, thinking back to the calm streets and peaceful days there. He smiled a little, but it faded as his thoughts drifted back to his family. He frowned, then sipped some of his water. Before much more could be said though, Qrow barged in. So, their little late night meetup was getting shut down already.
    "We were spending a little time getting to know each other sir." He explained as he walked past his old professor and out of the tavern. "Sorry for any inconvenience." Some might call him a suck-up. Lloyd just respected his teacher and his time. He had taught Lloyd well after all.

    Little did he know, that assertion would be tested the next day.

    They were woken early, but he was used to that. He had slept alright, all things considered. The day's fatigue, the gently flickering candle and the warmth of his room send him promptly asleep after he'd prepared for bed. Lloyd was too tired even to read his book. He woke up when the call came. Trousers, shirt, jacket, boots, his red ties and finally his hairband. He strapped Firebrand on to his back and headed down, quite ready. A quick breakfast, ate in mostly silence as everyone came round, and then came the day's briefing outside. For the second time in as many days, they received another description of things that they'd never heard of. Temples and Relics... He didn't know what any of those were, and he was tempted to ask. All that they knew was that they were important to the Guardians, but what they did they had no idea.

    Before he could ask anything though, life showed that it had other plans for them. A cry of alarm went up, and a pack of were headed their way. He caught the bag thrown to him and threw out two bottles each to everyone in his team, including his temporary teammate Dubhán. Time to see what the lone wolf could do.

    "Just because we've got these doesn't mean we can get cocky!" Lloyd warned the group as they ran to the East of the village. They reached it soon, and the others ran in and attacked. Aalis swept forwards and sliced the Ursa and cut down a Beowulf where it stood. Vice rushed forward and with a resounding hammer blow smote the beast. Even with its hands raised up to absorb the force of it, it couldn't help but take a step back. "Perfect."

    Lloyd's hands flicked to Fire and Brand across his back and slotted them both together in the centre. He launched himself forwards with an Aura enhanced jump, crossing the distance between himself and the great Grimm and Vice, spinning in the air. He swung wide with his twinblade, cutting the beast's right leg out from underneath it. It collapsed, holding itself up barely with its huge arms. The huntsman spun Firebrand around and swept the blade up through its neck. As it faded into misty shadow behind him, Lloyd spotted a Beowulf leaping for him. He rolled forwards out of its wild attack, then cut one of his weapon's blades into its chest. It staggered back - Gravely injured, but not dead yet.

    "Finish this one, it's weak!" Lloyd called. If someone stepped in then this thing would be removed from combat before it could do any damage and they could focus on the remaining Grimm.

    Lloyd's HP: 15/15
    Ursa: 0/8 BP
    Beowulf: 1/4 BP
    8 Beowulves: 4/4BP
     
  10. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,417
    [​IMG]
    ╔════
    »Much to Arian's surprise and delight the other boy did indeed decide to join them, partaking in an ale alongside them as he gave some minimal details about who he was and where he was from. The boy was a little too boring for Arian's taste, but he managed to bite his tongue and keep himself from saying too much about that. He got Lloyd talking about where he was from, and in attempts to be included in the conversation, Arain piped up."Well I am from Menagerie. You know the place all faunus' are from.... well not all, just the ones that want to be accepted..... not that you don't necessarily not accept us here.... or at least you guys and where you are from outside the kindgoms but you know.... I will just stop talking now." Arian's ears went back as he looked down sipping on his ale. Did he ever mess that conversation up. Perhaps he just wasn't good at talking to people that weren't girls.

    »Just as he was starting to enjoy himself again, Qrow walked into the room... and started yelling at them, mostly him. Arian stood up and faced the old drunk. "You know you are welcome to join us if you want. It is on me." Arian invited as Qrow continued to threaten him. Arian cocked his head looking rather confused at the threat. "Fear and labor? I am not pregnant dude. I am not even a chick." He had to just point that out before he grudgingly left his ale and started to head back to his room. Qrow was clearly pissed and Arian knew that he couldn't push his luck much more with this guy, not today at least. Perhaps another day Arian would continue this little... game he had going, but that could wait.

    -------Time Skip-------

    »They next morning was a bit of a challenge to get out of bed, Arian certainly was not awake enough for it that day. They had been woken up and dragged down for more talking. Arian got himself ready and presentable anyways but took his time getting down there, not care if he was late. Once down in the lobby he listened to Glynda speak about the new members joining their teams. Great they got the boring guy, that was going to be interesting. Qrow then began giving them their missions, a mission that Arian believed was pointless. He had planned to say as much when shouting came. Grimm were in the city? Not a good sign. Their teams were split up and sent off in different directions to handle all the grim, and a slight smile crossed Arian's face. He didn't mind a little bit of a fight. It could be interesting after all. A good way to wake up.

    »Running towards the scene, Arian drew his bow while Aalis, Lloyd and Vice jumped into battle. Aalis had challenged something about not being able to take down more than she was able to and Arian scoffed. "And just what are you willing to bet on the wager. It better be something good, though winning is a prize of it's own." Arian called back as he drew his bow and fired an arrow right into the head of Beowulf, dropping it right away. He then split his bow into two swords and continued forward finishing off the Beowulf that Lloyd had been fighting. It wasn't kill stealing when help was requested. "That makes two!" Arian called out to Aalis.

    ════╝
    Arian HP: 15/15
    Arrows: 2/3
    Arian Kill Count: 2
    Beowulves left: 6/10
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  11. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,417
    By the time that Auburn awoke there was a message on her phone from her father. He must have called back in the middle of the night. She had gone to bed not long after leaving the message for her father so it wasn't all that surprising that she missed him, but she was a little upset that she had been unable to speak to him. She could at least listen to what he had to say, maybe he would explain where he is, what he is doing, why he wasn't there. However before Auburn was able to actually check her message, Glynda walked around telling everyone to meet her in the lobby. Knowing that she should listen and hurry up.

    Shoving her phone into her pocket Auburn quickly dressed and made decent time getting down to the lobby, just finishing securing her weapons as she approached the group, choosing a spot off to the edge and watching from there. On top of keeping her out of the way, Auburn actually found it easier to see and listen from the side instead of the front. When others were around they often made noise, whether it be talking or fidgeting, so removing herself from that simply made things easier on herself when she was trying to fully listen. That didn't mean everything was easy to listen to however, as Qrow kept interrupting to do the explaining himself. It was an annoying way to go about things, but she supposed as long as the general point was gotten across, then she wouldn't complain.

    When the rest of the students finished trickling in, new members were assigned to the teams. Auburn took a quick glance around trying to pick out who the members were. It was pretty easy to tell who the two knew people were, however she wasn't quite sure which was which, one of them would be joining her team. There was no time for proper introductions as Qrow spoke over Glynda once more to inform them of their mission. So they needed to go around and collect relics before they could do much more. Well at least it would be an easy way to ease themselves into the situation that they were just thrown in. It wasn't like they had to go track down the base of the guy controlling the guardians just yet, so that was a plus.

    As the full mission was being explained, screams sounded in the area, and Auburns head jolted up as she scanned the area, vaguely hearing what Qrow and Glynda were saying as her weapons were already out. It was reflex for her now to have her weapons at the first sign of danger. She scanned the area before spotting where the threat was coming from. She tuned back into those around her just in time to hear Qrow order the direction that they were to go in. Pushing herself against the wall she was leaning, Auburn was out the door and on the move towards where the Grimm were coming from. Uva managed to make it there first but Auburn didn't care too much as she watched the girl do a good number on the Ursa. They had to finish it off though. Lazuli took one swing at it but the beast barely seemed deterred by him. That wasn't a good sign. It was time for her to jump in.

    Dual blades in hand, Auburn skipped out on the ranged attack, and while the Ursa was distracted by the other two, ran closer, slashing once at it's leg to stumble it before turning and plunging her other sword into it's head to take it out completely. After that without a moment of hesitation she yanked her blades from it and turned to a Beowulf that was charging for her, moving out of the way and slashing it twice in the side and stabbing up at its underside. This unfortunately was not enough to kill the thing, but it did cause it to land off balance to the side instead of getting an instant attack on her. Auburn turned to face it, ready to finish it off, but her eyes darted around just in case another threat came. This grimm was injured enough it wasn't her first fear when it came to attacks.


    Auburn HP: 15/15
    Bullets: 3/3
    Beowulf: 1/4
    Beowulves remaining: 9/10
     
  12. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    595
    [​IMG]
    The team leader explained that like him he was from outside of the kingdoms from a town called Lavender. He caught the nostalgia hidden in the voice. Dubhán understood like no other. He missed his home town, it was nice and quiet. There was a price to pay for that life though, one paid in blood. "South for me. Town called Amaranth." Dubhán said, he had heard of Lavender it wasn't too terribly far removed from Amaranth but that didn't mean Lloyd had heard of the village. Their own village lay just beyond one of the mountain passes that lead into Vale functioning a little like a gateway to guard the entry. Dubhán had just taken a bite out of his roast lamb and another sip of his ale when Qrow burst in telling them to break up the meeting. Dubhán drained his mug in a quick fashion grabbed the piece of roast lamb and left the inn complying with orders.

    After a good rest he woke up early and they all mustered outside. Glynda gave him and another bloke specific instructions that they were to attach themselves to the other teams. He was joining team LAVA, a good thing that he had gotten himself acquainted if one could even call the short introduction the other night that got cut short. They were to go out and fight the Grimm, in the middle of one of the Kingdoms? They were supposed to do the defence? He had been proven wrong before that the centralized nature of the kingdoms and being better organized than the villages but it seemed to be the same where ever one was in this world. When Lloyd handed out the bottles of medicine he took his and secured them in the satchel hanging by his side. He unsheated his blades and followed their lead.

    The Ursine Grimm was slain quickly by the combined effort of Vice, Aalis, who now wasn't glowing blue anymore and Lloyd there were however still quite a number of Beowulves left. The faunas and Aalis were having a friendly wager as to who could slay more grimm as if it were a game to them. He understood competition but this wasn't the best time for it. Arian slew the one Lloyd had weakened and slaying one of his own. Dubhán considered spreading his effort out among the six remaining Beowulves but he knew it was better to just cut down their numbers as quickly as possible. Dubhán charged forwards a blade in each hand, leaped up, retracted his legs a little keeping his blades lower than his feet intending to use his full force to drive the blades down into the beast. Then as his feet hit the beowulf he pushed off drawing the blades from it's body, leaping back next to it, the initial reckless attack stunned the creature enough for Dubhán to follow up with a combination of slashes into it's sides, whirling around as he chained a quick trio of slashes against the beast, slaying it.

    He stopped his spin by sliding his foot backwards and pushing back off heading for the next Beowulf running along the left hand side of it's head and just before being along side it he feinted with his right hand weapon to distract the beowulf and then whirled once more bringing his left handed blade into the side of the Grimm's head creating a deep gash. He fully intended to finish it off as he stopped his spin again and kept his guard up, scarf billowing behind him in the wind.


    Dubhán health: 15/15
    Beowulves remaining: 5
    Beowulf: 3/4​
     
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  13. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Deep within my brain
    133
    238
    He looked up at the mention of his name towards Lloyd, his fellow leader. He smiled, nodding. "Yes, Lloyd, I'm doing just fine." Blaine took to listening the various conversations that went on, and he was interested to learn that Dubhan hailed from outside the kingdoms, outside of their protection. A detail like that could say a lot about someone. Their personality, what they've went through, their fighting experience. And all of a sudden, his thinking was interrupted as Qrow ordered them all back to their rooms. With a frown, he returned to his bed, and laid on it. Despite having not eaten at all, he felt strangely content. Perhaps it was from the presence of his fellow hunters-in-training. And with little thought, Blaine managed to drift to sleep.

    Blaine was hoping for a relatively calm morning compared to what they already went through, but fate seemed to have other things in store. Barely a few minutes up and he was already having to fight Grimm? That maybe a miserable experience for anyone else, but for Blaine, despite his previous thoughts, he relished the opportunity to return to something that he was atleast somewhat familiar with. Catching the bag, he quickly distributed the contents among his team and Braden, then deployed his weapons.

    Blaine waited for his chance, watching as his team attacked an Ursa. It went down, and he couldn't help but smile. So this was the team he'd be working with? From what he saw, he was quite happy to see them working together with little words. Maybe being a leader wouldn't be too hard after all. His eyes scanned the battlefield until he found a weak Beowolf by Auburn, and with a carefully placed shot, took it out.

    The hair on the back of his neck tingled, and on reflex, he spun and hammered into the attacking Beowolf with both of his batons. Kicking it away, he jumped forward and, in a devastating combo, smashed his batons against its joints and vital areas until he landed a final blow on its head. It disappeared, and he sighed out of relief. "That was too close..."



    HP: 15/15
    Kills: 2 Beowolves
    Bullets: 2/3

    Beowolves remaining: 7/10
     
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Danville
    376
    573
    While many of the others had apparently gone on to spend quality time, Braden himself had not bothered to arise from bed once he had settled down, and therefore had sunk into a peaceful slumber for the rest of the night. It was quite fortunate that he did, since their latest mission briefing had been interrupted by a horde of rampaging grimm. Come to think of it, hadn't the other two teams been in a briefing with Professor Ozpin when the chaos at Beacon Academy had occurred? Strange that.

    Having been assigned to team BLAU, he leapt into action after them. The group had already made quick work of the Ursa, so he instead targeted a lone Beowolf. Metasoma, currently collapsed into whip form, was quickly snatched from a loop on his belt. With a quick snap across the short distance, his opponents attention was quickly drawn.

    "Here doggie!" The beast seemed to lack any common sense as it quickly came bounding toward him. It was not as if he made it easy though; he continued to whip at the creature, though it didn't seem to be doing much to deter it. It was so dedicated to it's hunt, that it didn't do much more than flinch. It's effort was for not, however, when it's final leap ended with it's throat being sliced open by Telson's edge. Smirking ever so slightly, Cadoc attached the dagger back onto the whip, creating a sort of flail. It's sharper edge was then put to use of drawing the attention of another target.

    HP: 15/15
    Kills: 1 Beowolf
    Beowolf: 3/4
    Beowolves remaining: 6/10
     
  15. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    603
    END OF ROUND ONE!
    Beowolf 1 hit Auburn
    Beowolf 2 hit Lazuli
    Beowolf 3 hit Uva

    Beowolf 4 hit Uva
    Beowolf 5 hit Lazuli
    Beowolf 6 hit Blaine


    TEAM BLAU:

    Blaine: 12/15
    Lazuli: 9/15
    Auburn: 12/15
    Uva: 9/15
    Braden: 15/15

    Beowolves Remaining: 6

    Beowolf 1 hit Aalis
    Beowolf 2 hit Lloyd
    Beowolf 3 hit Vice
    Beowolf 4 hit Dubhán
    Beowolf 5 hit Aalis

    TEAM LAVA:
    Lloyd: 12/15
    Arian: 15/15
    Vice: 12/15
    Aalis: 9/15
    Dubhán: 12/15

    Beowolves remaining: 5

    ROUND TWO BEGIN!!~

     
  16. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    595
    [​IMG]

    Keeping his guard up had been a good idea, although the counter attack hadn't come from the Beowulf he had wounded the moment before and he was blind sided by another Beowulf the claws of the beast clawing at his sides. With a quick counter in the form of a slash at the creatures head to make it back off followed by a feint and another slash Dubhán had given himself enough room so he could get back to what he wanted to do which was finishing off the Beowulf he had hurt earlier. Whatever he had suffered himself didn't seem to bad and by no means taking him out of the fight, they'd have to do better than that to take him out.

    He knew he had a few bullets for the revolvers built into his goloks so he could keep his distance while still dealing with the Grimm, but his blades would make short work of the Beowulves, it'd be better to save his ammunition for when his blades wouldn't do with his opponents. The young students set off again stabbing the first wounded beowulf, quickly following up with a diagonal slash as he retracted his first blade. He spun both blades forwards giving them more momentum as he brough both down onto the Grimm, which collapsed in front of him and didn't get back up. He glanced around, they had thinned the herd significantly now and it wouldn't be long before all would be slain. He knew however that this might not be the last they saw of the Grimm today.


    Dubhán HP: 12/15
    Beowulves total remaining: 4
    Beowulf 4: 2/4BP
    Kills: 2 Beowulves
    Ammunition: 3 Bullets​
     
  17. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    It was to no surprise that following his attack that got rid of of the the beowolves that they were facing, some of the ones that were still standing had turned their attention towards him. Had it been just one, then he would've continued to fight with only one of his swords. Two on the other hand was a different matter. If he was more confident in his skills then he would continued to fight with just a single blade, however his skills were only within the realm of self teaching and lacked any refinement of any teachings.

    Now having both his blades drawn out, he fended against the two beowolves that had attacked him to some degree. Their claws still did land hits on him that his aura mitigated the blow for. Their blow had made some distance between them, but not enough to prevent Lazuli from making a counter attack of his own. A quick step forward and his blade was already cutting through the first beowulf that had attacked him. The next one had only received a small cut across its chest, but it wasn't enough to deal any fatal damage.

    HP: 9
    Grimm Defeated: 1 Beowulf
    Grimm Remaining: 5/10 Beowulf, Beowulf 3/4


    Only one of the Beowulf had turned their focus towards him, which was fine.
    Despite the positioning he was because of his last attack, Vice could still easily adjust to account for the one Grimm that had attacked him.

    Before the beast could get away, the hammer itself was flipped so that the hammer part of his weapon collided with the grimm's gut. From there Vice spun his weapon and subsequently the Grimm until the latter had gone flying into another grimm. One was injured as a result of this and the other was defeated and had started the process of fading away to nothing.

    HP: 12
    Grimm Defeated: Beowulf 4
    Grimm Remaining: 3/10 Beowulf, Beowulf 1/4
     
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  18. cstar stay away from my waifu

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    3,252
    [​IMG]
    Aalis felt the attack pretty hard and she cursed under her breath a bit as she moved to ready her new attack and felt the sneeze come on and a look of fear crossed her face before the sneeze came. When she did, her sneeze was extremely loud and incredibly painful to the ears, even Aalis had to cover her ears over the volume and some of the Grimm recoiled. Aalis blinked as a Grimm seemed to just... die from the suddenness. Aalis shrugged and went for it, as she gave another full charge and sliced through the next one. She fluttered her fan a bit as she regained balance and sliced again for it to go down. Aalis looked over at Arian and smirked, "3 down."

    Grimm left: 1/10​
     
  19. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,417
    [​IMG]
    ╔════
    »Arian eyed as Aalis took down more of the Beowulves, this would be close. This time Aalis managed to take down two of the grimm only leaving one left standing. A grin spread across his face as he surveyed the last remaining creature. "DIBS!" Arian called out as he readjusted his grip on his blades, his ears shooting around, listening for anyone who was going to interrupt his kill. There was no way that he was going to give up this chance, not when if he didn't get the kill he would lose the bet. Rushing forward Arian made quick work of a five hit combo, catching the Beowulf in the leg, then shoulder, followed by its side and back before finally going for his head, lopping it off. Arian then backed off and looking at the carnage around but then back to Aalis. "Guess that makes it a tie. So what do we do with that?" It was rare for bets to end in a tie and when there was no parameters set out, it was harder to tell what they would get out of it.
    ════╝

    All Beowulves are dead

    Taking down the Ursa was only the start of the battle. There were still Beowulves to deal with and those things were still nasty. It seemed as though everyone had joined the fray by this point. The battle was going well, but not well enough. The Beowulves seemed to be getting even more enraged and started attacking them. Auburn as many others were caught in the attack, as she used her blades to attempt to block them. At least she came out better than some. One Beowulf tried to attack her and while it got some damage in, it didn't do as much damage as she thought that it would, instead the young girl was left standing tall. It wasn't her first time dealing with Grimm, thanks to her fathers training, so this didn't scare her. As much as small things, such as people bothered her, when she got into fighting it came naturally.

    Moving away she looked around seeing what she had to deal with here. There were still five Grimm left standing, however they had already taken out six, this wouldn't be a big issue. Moving forward an idea popped in her mind. For Auburn this was one of her less trained skills, as she felt like a bit of a late bloomer when it came to her semblance. While she knew how to use it now it wasn't until a year ago that it manifested itself, and it took a while after that to get used to it. She still wasn't entirely used to it, but she was getting better.

    Charging towards one of the enraged beowulves, just as she got close enough for it to attack her, she shrunk herself down to the size of a rat, running between it's legs. The creature was clearly confused as it looked around for where the girl had gone. A moment later she ran between it's back legs, her size suddenly growing larger than normal as she plunged a blade into it's back. Just as Auburn started to shrink down to her normal size, she flicked her wrist causing her blade to go into gun form and aimed it towards the Beowulf that another of her teammates was attempting to fight, firing once catching the creature in it's leg. She had been too distracted with the grimm she had killed to have properly aimed her attack.


    Auburn HP: 12/15
    Auburn Amo: 2/3
    Grimm injured : Beowulf 2/4
    Beowulves remaining: 4/10
     
  20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    772
    [​IMG]

    Arian darted in on cue, finishing off the Beowulf he had struck.
    "Thanks." Lloyd scanned the field and spotted a Beowolf moving on Aalis, but before he could leap to interfere he felt a heavy weight slam into him from behind and claws rake across his back. Lloyd bounced and rolled across the ground, each impact sending a jolt through his bones despite his Defensive Aura. He slammed one end of Firebrand into the ground to anchor himself, and pulled himself around it to land on his feet.

    The creature that had caught him off guard was staring him down. It lunged forwards, mouth wide open to tear a bite from his flesh. Lloyd jumped over it, and the creature passed beneath him harmlessly. The Huntsman twirled in the air and fell, one of Firebrand's blades pointed towards it. The blade pierced its head, and Lloyd sunk to the floor as the beast's body dissipated beneath him. He stood up and surveyed the situation. Nought was left but the fading corpses of Grimm now, with all of his team standing. And Dubhán. He held down the release in the centre and twisted the Blades of Firebrand apart and sheathed them with a flourish.

    "Next time Arian, please try to have more situational awareness." Lloyd spoke, a note of sarcasm in his voice. "You missed one." And it had hit him in the back, annoyingly. They got away with it this time, but with more dangerous Grimm, or simply more of them, those sorts of mistakes could be lethal.

    (Seriously though, you did miss one Gabi :P Patrick noticed that you accidentally disappeared a Grimm in your post)
    Beowolves Remaining: 0 (For real this time)