RWBY: Guardian's Saviors

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by LadyAzura, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    [​IMG]
    It was odd having someone stand on his hand, but at the same time, he didn't really say much about it. Auburn didn't look like she wanted to talk about it at all. Lazuli could understand that and hoped that she'd at least give him a head up for when she started returning to her normal size. Over time there weren't any signs of that happening, but they get closer to the temple. By that, they'd really only gotten close enough to see it and not actually there yet. "I don't suppose anyone else has a semblance that could help here?"
     
  2. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Deep within my brain
    133
    238
    As Blaine stepped off of the gigantic hand and back onto hard ground, he looked back to see the distance that they had just covered. It would be quite helpful if Auburn could carry them all the way to the temple, but it seemed that that could not be the case. She had shrunken to a very small size, just big enough to fit onto Lazulis' hand. The surprises never seemed to cease when it came to this new life as a Beacon student.

    They continued on their path, and Lazuli voiced a rather great question. "Yes...I'm hopeful for one that'll help us get to our destination quicker.. He frowned, his hand now curled into a fist in frustration. Just thinking about his inability to use his made him feel...weak, below standards. "Sorry to disappoint you all, but my semblance can't do that. Actually, I don't even know what my semblance is."
     
  3. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    At least there was no more remarks on her size, but that didn't make Auburn feel better, even as Blaine admitted that he didn't know what his semblance was. It did make her wonder however how he was chosen to be their leader. The leader should be strong and knowledgeable and outgoing, like her father. Blaine, while he wasn't a bad guy, didn't seem like he was any of that. Not to say she would be much better, she could barely talk to these people. She would never make a successful leader, really she didn't know who on her team would, it was one of the issues that they had as a team. Auburn made a mental note to ask her father the next time she spoke to him how it was with his team when they just started. She had heard plenty of stories about him and his team, but very few from their first few months a Beacon. She couldn't help but wonder if he had as much trouble as she did. He certainly didn't have to deal with the same chaos that was what was happening here. Perhaps with better circumstances things would have worked out better but they didn't have such fortune. "I guess we have to walk" Well... they had to walk, she was still too small to keep up with them. She hated having to rely on them, but she also supposed that was part of being in a team, something she would still need to work on learning.
     
  4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Danville
    376
    573
    "Yeah, I guess you're right." Braden nodded along with Auburn in agreement. "I mean, my own semblence..." He scratched the back of his head before shrugging with a sheepish grin. "It's really not all that good outside of particular circumstances. It's probably not going to be getting us to the temple any faster." He was slightly curious as to what Blaine's semblence could be, if said person didn't know themselves. He also considered the personal implications of Auburn shrinking to minuscule size after growing so large, and wondered about Lazuli's semblence as well.
     
  5. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    [​IMG]
    No one else had any ideas on how to get across that wasn't walking and Lazuli wasn't all that surprised by that. Even in own semblance had limited uses in this particular situation. In theory, he could use it on Auburn given her smaller statue, but that would be a horrible idea on multiple accounts. "If we're all in agreement, then let's get a move on," Lazuli said, venturing off towards the temple.

    "It was his own fault." Vice said bluntly. With the rest of the White Fang either already beaten, having fled, Vice hefted his weapon over his shoulder as he turned to look at his group. "He let his guard down and this is the price he paid for doing so, going after him would just be a waste." Not a single shred of remorse could be found in his voice. Only the usual coldness that seemed to linger as he turned to go off ahead on his own.
     
  6. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    [​IMG]
    Without thought or warning, Arian turned around, fist clenched and punched Vice across the face. "He is on our team. He was our leader and the best of us really! You don't dare call going after those b*stards a waste. Next time you do I will do so much worse then just punch you, you have my word on that." Arian growled at Vice, his animal side coming out as his ears were up and forward, and now you could see that his K-9's were slightly longer than most as he faced off against his teammate. "If you don't want to be a part of this team then you can leave, but don't you dare just write off the other members of your team like they are nothing, you will never make it anywhere like that, and you certainly won't last long with that attitude!"
     
  7. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    Vice was relatively unfazed by the punch, he stumbled back a bit, but overall stayed standing. The punch wasn't going to be something that he was just going to let happen, but what Arian had said rubbed him the wrong way. So instead of simply punching him back, Vice was sure to grab hold of his collar and swiftly headbutt him. "If he was as great as you claim him to be, then why did he get caught? If you care so dearly about him, then why didn't you stop them?" Each emphasis was aimed at Arian with a sharpness that could rival a knife. "Listen here, you don't know a damn thing about me and I don't care to share a single detail about me to you. Comrades, friends, bonding, all that can easily hold you back." Vice had never been one to back down, didn't matter who they were thus while the sight of his K-9s might've intimidated someone else, it was practically moot against him. "If you have a problem with that, then put that nose of yours to use and get back your precious leader, or better yet show me how much worse than a punch you can do and I'll be sure to return the favor."
     
  8. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    595
    [​IMG]

    They had beaten back the White Fang but not before the White Fang dealt them one last blow in taking Lloyd away from them. Dubhán mirrored Noire's motions aiming his weapons but if she wasn't going to fire then neither was he. He fell in line behind Noire. Aryan however was having none of it and wanted to go after Lloyd even firing an arrow, not sure how much that was gonna do Dubhán figured that the copter would still make it anyway. "
    Noire is right. And Lloyd is a tough one, he's an outsider like me, you don't make it beyond the safety of the kingdoms if you're not." Dubhán said as Vice decided to give his two cents and not help the matter at all only inflaming tensions. "Alright stop it Vice, Aryan this is going nowhere. Aryan you're right we're supposed to be a team we can't afford to be be lost in fighting each other. Out here we need to work together, each does their part. Vice cut the crap you don't need to share anything and with how you're acting I don't even want to know you but at least pretend you can work together I rather work alone too but you don't always get what you want. Either way with Lloyd gone Noire is our leader, she can ask us for councel on matters but the decisions are hers. As much as I want to run after that chopper and get Lloyd, we can't if we do we lose a lot of time and the guardians may all be lost." Dubhán hadn't spoken nearly that much before and tended to keep to himself but the situation required him to step in before it would go sideways even further. Lloyd would make it but they had a duty to fight for all of Remnant and sometimes that meant making tough decisions and the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few, if a hunter got separated from the party the hunting party would stick together and if possible look for the missing one but if it was too dangerous they had to make the hard decision... They had to make the difficult choice for the greater good of them all.
     
  9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    601
    Noire looked back at Arian and sighed. She looked back between the path way and Arian. "Guys! We don't have time!! We need to go to the temple!!" Before Noire could say anything else, an argument broke out between Vice and Arian. And in another moment, it had escalated. Arian had threw a punch at Vice. Vice then had headbutted him. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!" Dubhan had then chimed in. Noire sighed in relief as another voice of reason jumped in. "Thank you! Finally someone with their priorities straight." Noire tried to calm down and think of a plan. She sighed before a plan came up in her head. "That's it." Noire grabbed earplugs from her pocket. She went up behind Dubhan and placed it in his ears. "You'll need these.." She walked in front of them before speaking. "If you guys won't come willingly then I got no choice." She lowered the bandanna. She opened her mouth a melodic voice came out from her as she sang. She lifted her arms up as shadows came up from behind her. She looked at the shadows before motioning to the two guys in front of her. "Drag 'em." She turned around before taking out Dubhan's earplugs. "All good. Let's keep walking. Maybe they'll feel like cooperating when they've decided to calm down." She looked back at the two as she crossed her arms. "The temple shouldn't be too far now. Be prepared for anything."
     
  10. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    595
    [​IMG]

    Dubhán silently took the praise that Noire gave him for his reason, it made no sense to lose the whole hunting party over one lost hunter as hard as that decision was. She seemed to think of a quick solution to the problem at hand which was Vice and Arian fighting each other. Noire could grab one, he could try and restrain the other, if he had the choice he'd go for Arian, mainly cause Vice seemed that much more belligerent, it'd be better to let Noire take care of him as she was many times the huntsman he was more than capable of downing an Ursa in a single assault, more than capable of restraining a student. Noire however had different ideas and handed him ear plugs he wasted no time putting them in his ears curious to see what Noire's angle was. He anticipated a sort of song to lull them asleep but shadows arose to drag his compatriots. It seemed so strange and it terrified him a little and he was glad that he had no decided to get mixed into the fighting as Noire held up a hand he took out the ear plugs and handed them back. Noire told him to be prepared for anything but for Dubhán remaining wary was a given, after all in a hostile environment you always expected the worst to come out. "
    What... was that?" Dubhán asked a little hesitantly refering to the strange power Noire displayed in front of his very eyes, he still did as instructed and followed Noire to the Temple.
     
  11. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    [​IMG]
    This was going too far, this guy, he wasn't ever going to be a welcome part of the team if Arian had anything to say about it. However apparently he didn't as Dubhan spoke out against them, at least he had some sense to him even if it didn't go in Arian's favour. Maybe they could have talked it out but before that was even an option something strange happened. Noire started singing, and while that was strange in and of itself, it wasn't the strangest thing that happened. Shadows rose up and dragged them trying to drag them. While Arian tried to fight it, it wasn't any good. Gritting his teeth he crossed his arms. "You are an asshole, I hope you know that." He cursed at Noire.
     
  12. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    Vice heard the various opinions of his comrades and honestly still couldn't bring himself to care about Lloyd or any of this in the slightest. However seeing as everyone wanted to move on, he supposed he could pretend to care the slightest bit about Lloyd and leave it at that. He found it a bit odd that Noire had chosen now to start singing, but the shadows that moved to restrain and drag him were even odder. Naturally, his first instinct was to resist, but that soon proved to be pointless. "Happy now oh so called 'leader'."
     
  13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    601
    As Team LABB continued their trek to the Temple of Caspian, the sounds of the jungle filled their ears and in their line of sight. While they were walking, the scent of ocean water filled their noses. It wasn't long before the group arrived at the temple. A large body of water surrounded the temple and various plant life within the grounds of the temple filled the area. The group reached the water line and a small stone was placed in front of them. Blaine touched the stone and a pathway had opened up in front of them, leading to the temple. Little did they know, someone had been waiting for them at the end of the path.

    Noire continued walking with Dubhan and the shadows as they kept dragging Arian and Vice. Hearing Arian's comment, Noire responded back. "
    Tell me something I don't know." Vice had then chimed in with his own comment. "When you two have cleared your heads and calmed down, then maybe I might find myself more tolerable. I'll be happy when this whole ordeal is over." Noire sighed as she raised her bandanna back over her mouth and nose. After awhile, Noire had the shadows let the two go as they had reached the temple. She pointed at it before speaking. "We're here. Boys.....Welcome to the Temple of Caspian, the Guardian of Water." Just a little ways away from them was the other team made their way over. The group walked up to the water line as Noire looked for some way to get across. She found a blue stone and immediately pushed it. A pathway had emerged from the water. "Alright let's get going."
     
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  14. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    It was about half way through their walk when Auburn had to get off of Lazuli's hand knowing that soon her strength would return to her, and at that point she would be too big to be riding around like she was. Not a word came out of Auburn's mouth during their travel, she was still getting over the feeling of embarrassment from the whole ordeal, something that she would have to get used to. At this point there was no hiding the fact that this was going to happen every time she used her semblance, a draw back tat could be harmful in battle if they weren't careful. At least her father had taught her already how to keep it from being too much of an issue. If she remembered her training, then there was no reason that she shouldn't be fine in any upcoming battles.

    As they reached the temple, Auburn found herself staring at the water, admiring it's beauty. She hadn't noticed what Blaine was doing until after the path opened for them. Looking to her team, she waited a moment for someone else to go first, before crossing over to the temple, her weapons in hand just in case something were to jump out at them here. She knew that things would not be a walk in the park, but she didn't quite know what to expect as they continued into the beautiful temple grounds.


    [​IMG]
    By no means was Arian pleased with where they ended up, but once there, there was no turning back. He would just have to leave Lloyd and hope that their former team leader could fend for himself for a while. Arian didn't know what pissed him off more, the fact that Lloyd was taken, or the fact that it was the White Fang's fault. Either way there were at this temple now so they had a job to do there. "After you, oh fearless leader." His sarcasm wasn't just because he wasn't happy, Arian also specialized in range fighting, taking the lead would not be helpful if they ran into trouble. They could still be snuck up on from behind, but that seemed less likely and he would still be watching the back if need be.
     
  15. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Deep within my brain
    133
    238
    He wasn't sure how long they walked, but the change in the scent of the air caused him some concern. How far were they getting from the other group? These thoughts left him as soon as they broke out of the tree line, and the destination was in their sights. As they walked up to the water line, Blaine took notice of a rather out-of-place stone. Curiosity got the better of him, and he knelt down to touch it, inadvertently opening the way through.

    He took a moment to stare in shock. Once again, the day was giving him surprises and sights he couldn't have even dreamed of before. As impressive as the sight was, it was still unfamiliar and a complete unknown to him. His hands rested on his weapons at his hips. "This goes without saying, but everyone keep your guards up." Auburn took the lead, and he followed closely behind, keeping his eyes open for anything unusual or sudden around them. They were so close to their objective, and he didn't want any other dangers to fall upon them now of all times.
     
  16. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    [​IMG]
    Lazuli was relieved to see Auburn hop off of his hand before gradually returning to her normal size. She was silent about too, so he had barely been able to notice that she had done so in the first place. His hand soon found its way back into his pocket as Lazuli continued to scan around the area for any indication of them getting closer to the temple.

    His efforts had been rewarded as they had arrived. The large body of water was fitting for the temple of the water guardian and the plants added a more natural feel to it. It all was so quiet and tranquil, which in a different scenario would've been a good thing. Right now, however, it was more concerning than anything. His hands grip the handle to his blade as he followed behind the others, this time he would be ready for anything that might jump out of them.

    With little choice of his own, Vice was dragged along up until they had reached the temple they were looking for. Not being one to 'stop and take in the scenery' his attention was more focused on the path that had appeared in front of them. In fact, once it had formed he wasted no time making his way tot he front and walking onward.
     
  17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Danville
    376
    573
    Braden took his leaders advice and stayed close with his weapons ready to draw. After all, he didn't want to be caught off guard anymore than the others did. There wasn't really much he could do at the moment other than glare suspiciously into the shadows, though. He could try his semblance, sure, but there was almost no chance it would find a working target, and he might leave himself to open trying. Best to just stick to the others for now.