Television Runaways

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 17, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Hulu has reportedly ordered a pilot and a season script for a live-action adaptation of the Marvel comic Runaways. The comic series follows a group of teenagers who discover that their parents are all part of a superpowered crime syndicate called The Pride. The show will be adapted by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, known for the show Gossip Girls.

It's not explicitly clear if the show will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but ABC Signature's role as co-production company alongside Marvel Television is a good sign towards that.

I read through the first full arc of the series while in high school and really enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to what this has to offer.

source

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I haven't read it, but in a comic book prequel for the upcoming Doctor Strange film, Nico Minoru’s mother, Tina Minoru, makes an appearance, so it definitely seems to be set in the MCU.

Also, hope this means Hulu could save Agent Carter after Netflix effed up...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  3. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I have read every single Runaways comic and all I can say is, BRING IT ON!!!!!

I'm am so, so, so excited because The Runaways are just great kids and I really love them.

Especially Karolina and her gender-neutral, Skrull, significant other, Xavin. So excited and I really really hope their relationship is included at some point.

I do have to wonder what they're going to do with Molly's character since she's a mutant. And she's a MAIN character so they can't just not include her. (well I mean they can but I don't want them too)

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

They could easily have her go the way of Daisy Johnson and the Maximoff twins and make her an Inhuman. Or they could go the route of some other minor Agents of SHIELD characters and give her the vague appellation of "gifted," or go the way of Jessica Jones or Luke Cage and not really label her at all. Whatever they do with her, they have options to work around the mutant problem.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Okay, I'm looking forward to this.

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

The Runaways is one of the few comics that I actually have a full physical volume of (the fact it's Volume 2 and I haven't read volume 1 is beside the point). This has the potential to actually be quite good so I'm looking forward to it.

I imagine they'll just make Molly a meta-human though that said, meta-humans don't have the same level of discrimination that the mutants do.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The main cast has been announced!
    • Rhenzy Feliz (Teen Wolf, Casual) as Alex Wilder
    • Lyrica Okano (The Affair, Unforgettable) as Nico Minoru
    • Virginia Gardner (Goat, Little Bitches) as Karolina Dean
    • Ariela Barer (New Girl, One Day At a Time) as Gert Yorkes
    • Gregg Sulkin (Faking It, Don't Hang Up) as Chase Stein
    • Allegra Acosta (100 Things to do Before High School, Just Add Magic) as Molly Hernandez
    source

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not happy with either Alex's or Chase's actors, but the rest seem like they are good fits.
    I liked Gregg Sulkin in Wizards of Waverly Place and in Faking It, but he is not who I'd expect for Chase.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The members of The Pride have now been cast!
    • Ryan Sands (Hat Hair, The Wire) as Geoffrey Wilder
    • Angel Parker (The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, The Strain) as Catherine Wilder
    • Brittany Ishibashi (This Is Us, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows) as Tina Minoru
    • James Yaegashi (Madam Secretary, Breakfast at Tiffany's [broadway]) as Robert Minoru
    • Kevin Weisman (Alias, Hello Ladies) as Dale Yorkes
    • Brigid Brannagh (Army Wives, True Colors) as Stacey Yorkes
    • Annie Wersching (Timeless, The Vampire Diaries) as Leslie Dean
    • Kip Pardue (Remember the Titans, Ray Donovan) as Frank Dean
    • James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) as Victor Stein
    • Ever Carradine (The Handmaids Tale, Goliath) as Janet Stein
    source

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I JUST GOT 50X MORE EXCITED HOLY ****

I am now soooo excited and I really can't wait now. He's such a good actor and I really love him.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Okay, this more than makes up for Chase's own casting. Not to mention Marster's stint as Brainiac on Smallville, but mad scientist will be a great role for him.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Teaser trailer and cast poster revealed!

[​IMG]