Royal Rumble: King of Hearts - Battle One

Discussion in 'New Releases' started by NeoCloudstrife, Feb 8, 2009.

1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it's fine the important thing is that it's up now and that we can see it now :) it's a good video btw, lots of editing, good editing too. i never realized how few moves Cloud had though, lol.

2. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

._o That battle was... weird...

Bravo I guess, and congratulations to the winner.

Prediction 1 - Set.

3. xaldin7th Destiny Islands Resident

Bravo. Good work.

I think Riku will walk over Xemnas if he is in his org coat form, Sora and Roxas... I give an edge to Roxas. Larxene and Sephiroth will be quite an interesting battle. Larxene is fast as hell, but Sephiroth has strenght. And i think that Axel has nothing on Saix battle wise.

I predict either Cloud or Roxas winning it.

EDIT: btw., is there a way you can make the health bars visible?

4. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

Nope, i dont think so. but i think it adds to the drama if you can't tell who's winning :P

5. Ultimecia sorceress

That it does.

D: Marluxia should have won though.

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

about next week's battle........which Riku is going to fight against Xemnas? the boss one or the ally one?

7. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

boss one can't die, but with his stats increased, ally riku may actually have a chance of beating xemnas :D it all depends on if riku's magic moves help him much or not.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

magic moves? i'm intrigued, anyways keep up the good work, video 1 turned out great!

9. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

thanks a lot!
    if you wanna help at all, evil, just gimme a PM or an MSN or somethin', see what i can do ;)

also, i mean magic moves as in dark shield and dark aura. :p

10. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Wow, intense battle, I loved the way that Marluxia used his desperation move almost at the same time as he and cloud were dying. Betwixt and Between was a great place, especially when they got really close to the Betwixt (orange) portal.

***** ^_^.

11. oathkepper Merlin's Housekeeper

I want 6 minutes of my life back :<

12. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

wow, was it really that bad? Sorry, i guess we'll try and do better next time.
    What was it specifically about the video that you didnt like? can you tell us why you dindt like it so we can improve next time?

13. Shift Chaser

Whow,Marluxia sure knows how to make a combo,too badhe lost.
    Thanks for the vid.

And Cloud,one more thing,will you use animation mods on Riku?
    If so,can you please make him use Dark Cannon or Session starting attack?

14. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

limit animations aren't stored in the .mset files, and i never found out where they actually were....
    But yeah, he's gonna use his dark aura and dark shield attacks, so he'll be an even match :D

15. Shift Chaser

Good to know.
    Thanks!

16. Dragonrayne Merlin's Housekeeper

It was a good video, now for some personal critiques. Don't take these harshly, just what I think would make it better.

The overall battle pace seemed sluggish to be blunt, probably because it was filmed/ emulated. Whatever the case, I'd like to see the battles sped up if only a little bit more. Too fast is better than too slow I think.

I thought Cloud got kinda nerfed honestly in that vid, but maybe you had to. In his future fights, I think if you gave him a 6 hit combo while using omnislash (ya know, the 3 horizontal and 3 vertical strikes back to back) kinda like how Ally Cloud does it, then it would be a more threatening attack. He also never used his ground combo, he just Sonic Bladed whenever he was on the ground. It'd make a good recovery/counter combo, or a good follow-up combo after he Sonic Bladed in. Either way, Cloud won't stand a chance against Terra at this rate unless he steps up his game.

I think the Omnislash combo would also be more epic in a smaller arena as well, since it will make him bounce around the arena's walls more.

You said there was a download for this vid right? Maybe the speed was killed by youtube or something??

17. NeoCloudstrife Decisive Being

Download will be up as soon as our uploader can get on the internet. he hasn't been able to for the last day or so, and i'm not sure when he'll fix it.

but thanks for the criticism :D
    *notes everything*

18. oathkepper Merlin's Housekeeper

Majority of the time it's just myself being usually in a bored state. Apparently I'm not that great fan off the game that I once was, but hey, that's my issue.

Generally though, from my eyes nothing happened. I saw some dude (Cloud) flying around hiting Marly and taking 3-4 seconds to land on the ground, just to get repeated for the next seconds.

And that number on the top-right? What is it's point? It went down for no reason for me, I first thought it was some sort of time of the battle.

And the finish? Looked more like just a fade to... nothing.
    Or maybe I'm just to critical?

Ohh and yeah, the music was half-bad, but that's personal taste and nothing can change that.

Edit: Yeah I got one question regarding upcoming Saïx. How will you try to balance his form where he is invincible? He will have an immense uptime off that ability otherwise.

19. Dragonrayne Merlin's Housekeeper

Saix is actually never 'invincible' he still takes damage regardless of his berserk form from what I can recall. He simply doesn't recoil from it. ;P

The point of the numbers in the upper right were directly connected to Marluxia's Doom/Death counter. If you've seen the actual battle between Sora and Marluxia, you'd understand what I mean by that. But if you haven't I'll try to explain it like this:

At the beginning of the battle, Marluxia inflicts the opponent with the Doom spell, which in turn gives them a number based on their level. (In this particular case Cloud was represented as level 99) For each hit Marluxia lands with his scythe or other attacks, the counter goes down instead of Cloud's heath. If that number were to reach zero before Cloud managed to kill Marluxia, then Cloud would have lost. To be more precise, for every combo Marluxia landed, that number would be multiplied by two (if I recall correctly) which in turn meant the next combo, Cloud would lose twice as many points. Furthermore, his Desperation Move (his most powerful attack) Does 4 times the normal subtraction rate, and that's not including the combo multiplier.

What's most important to note, is it kept Cloud on a pretty damned tight leash. So tight it almost hung him. One more Desperation move, and it probably would've been over.

20. oathkepper Merlin's Housekeeper

Such a long time ago I played the game, and while playing it I always used reactions anyway. I'm not the kind of guy to try for an achievement.

And yes, I know Marluxia death-O-meter (interesting word). Thing is though, that I have never had the opportunity to study it further. I live in Europe you see.