Support Solved Roxio Capture Card Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

At first I thought it had to do with my CPU issues from a while ago, but it's still going on, so obviously not.

While recording, it'll suddenly lose the signal and just stop recording as if I had pressed stop and act like the USB cable got disconnected, but it didn't, yet I hear the "USB cable disconnected" sound effect.

It's not too big of a deal, as it doesn't happen that often -- well, except for today. Most of the time I can just pause the game, let it finalize the recording, and close and re-open Roxio. The only times it'd a problem are when it comes to games like PSU if I'm the middle of battle and I can't pause because there's no pause feature, though, thankfully, that scenario hasn't happened yet, but it's just a little annoying.

Any ideas?

Edit: This issue disappeared a while ago after I hooked Roxio into a different USB port due to an unrelated minor sound problem.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Sounds like a connection fault (usually cable damage). If that is the case you would need to replace what broke. If possible test the capture device on different USB ports or even a different computer and see if the problem is still there.

Only other thing I can think of is USB drivers needing an update. You can check the manufacturer site, though they normally stop non critical updates after about a year. IOBit has a decent driver updater, but since they aren't tested for your machine they sometimes don't actually work (not a biggie as a system restore will reverse it)

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Same issue with any port, so likely an issue with the Roxio USB plugin, then. I'm not sure if it'd it worth it to get a new Roxio just for the USB plugin, though, at least not at the present time since it doesn't happen that often.

This is what I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.