Roxas or Ventus?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Ars Nova, May 1, 2014.

?

Who do you like better?

1. Roxas

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Ventus

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Both

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. A Zebra Chaser

That's honestly about as good as it gets

2. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Ventus is a protector while Roxas only cares about his life and his "feelings".

3. A Zebra Chaser

How so? what does Ven protect? He seems more starved for attention. His only goal for half of BBS is finding new friends, ala facebook
    and Roxas clearly cares about Axel, Xion, and the Traverse Town gang

4. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Well, in KH3D, Ventus protects Sora from Going into the darkness.

5. A Zebra Chaser

That... doesn't really mean anything.
    For one thing, if Sora falls to darkness, that's bad for Ven, so why WOULDN'T he save them
    But... everybody protects and saves people in KH
    It's not a unique trait
    And it definitely doesn't say anything about Ven as a character

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It still amazes me how different they are and yet are voiced and appear to be the same person. It's probably not that amazing, but it still fascinates me.

I don't think Roxas is at all selfish and unjustified in wanting to find out who he is. In that scene, Axel is obviously holding back so why should he put him first if he's not being honest with him? His feelings are hurt and he is alone, he finds that he can't trust anyone in the organisation. I have a lot of respect for him because of that, he wants something and he will defy authority to go and get it and that is probably why I prefer Roxas.

It could just be because I feel I know Roxas better because I've seen him more and the story of his friendship with Axel. Ventus has a similar story in the fact that he runs away and ends up finding more out about himself but he isn't betrayed by Terra and Aqua and he wants nothing more than for them to be safe. Both have noble causes but I feel more for Roxas because he is seen more as something to be used opposed to anything else.

7. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

True. Compelling Arguement,

8. Sokhu Merlin's Housekeeper

I am more into Ventus because he fights with the Keyblade the other way around [ I mean like a dague instead of a sword ]. And that way cooler than just Roxas and his Keyblade xD

9. 61 No. B

Roxas has more dimension. Ventus is a macguffin, not a character. I don't like how Ventus controls when playing him, and that omg moment when you first get to dual-weild as Roxas will always be one of the best experiences of KH. Roxas. That said, I'm not a huge fan of either. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of any KH character.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  10. Labrys King's Apprentice

Well I believe that by the end of his story scenario, Ven tried to protect Terra and Aqua in his own way by
    Destroying the X-blade, thus sacrificing his life to give them another day to breath
    I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Also, lol @TraverseTown gang.

11. Roxanna123 Merlin's Housekeeper

I like them both but I think Roxas is the best. I like the friendship he has with Axel and Xion and I like his story.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  12. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

I chose Ventus. It's understandable why Roxas is so frustrated about Sora but I agree with Knight of Fafnir.

13. AzzyFox Destiny Islands Resident

Ventus is actually relevant to the plot. Roxas is not.

14. Flinch Cat Moogle Assistant

This is a tough question for sure, but definitely Roxas. As much as I love Ventus, Roxas' story breaks my heart a little more, and he just... Feels a bit more relatable to me, from what I've seen of him, anyway.

15. Ankoku Merlin's Housekeeper

They're both my precious babies, you can't make me choose between them you heartless demon!