Role Play Idol [Season Two] Sign Ups!

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Introduction

Welcome to Role Play Idol! An original role play competition! 'Original' role playing (on KHV) is the acting out of a particular character you create yourself, from scratch. From name and age to bio and personality, you create this character and act them out in a story-like format with other players.

So, do you enjoy role playing, competitions, or just writing in general? What about if you need help sharpening your role play skills, want to get back into it (or start it), or want to meet and interact with new people or role players? This competition may be for you!

We're back for another fun Season. Hopefully this one will be more organized. ;D For those of you who competed or judged last time, take a look here to suggest some things to help this one run smoother!

Uh, sure. But what is it?

This will be an OC (original character) competition, meaning that each contestant will have one original character to create and compete with throughout. There will be a different 'season' each month, but this is for season two. If you sign up for season two, you do not have to compete in season three or onwards. The competition will last however long it lasts, at this point, lol.

There will be several different challenges and themes, and this will work in an 'American Idol' style. There will be four judges. You can not compete and be a judge at the same time, but no matter who you are, you can apply to be a judge. There will be no more than 12 contestants a season.

At the end of each challenge, the panel of judges will give their critiques to each member on their performance, and there will be a vote off period. Contestants and judges will be able to vote for their favorites, with no voting for themselves of course. The prize will of course be being crowned KHV's Role Play Idol for season two, and you also receive a pin!

Okay, so I can just sign up and do whatever I want then?

...No, lol. Here are some guidelines/rules.

♣ There is no voting for yourself and when you vote, you must put a valid reason for why you're voting for who you're voting for in a post.

♣ Please be original. Your character cannot be from another anime, game, etc, unless the challenge causes for them to be.

♣ Your entry OC must be as simplified as possible. That means no powers or anything weird like that. Why? Because some of the challenges might conflict with that. Don't worry, the competition isn't that straight edge. You'll get to play with some powers.

♣ No god-modding. Yes, this still applies. No power playing.

♣ Do not ignore the other contestants. Interact with everyone fairly.

♣ Activity will be important, but you have three days to post between challenges and voting periods.

♣ Try to stay in character.

♣ A judge cannot be a contestant.

♣ You must have two characters. A girl, and a boy. They can be the same person, just gender flipped with different names if you want, but you'll see why this matters later.

♣ Don't bring drama into this. If you're paired up with someone you dislike during a challenge, and/or you get voted out, don't rage. Just deal with it, or try again next time.

♣ You cannot have your friends vote for you. I think I said it before, but people outside of the competition can vote for the contenders, but must provide a valid reason for doing so--like everyone else. If I find out you've asked your buddy to go vote for you and BS some reason, you will be disqualified. It is unfair and dishonest. Same goes for constantly voting for your friends, and for not voting at all. All contestants and judges are required to vote, FAIRLY.

♣ I reserve the right to add more rules before the competition starts, so check back here often if you decide to sign up!

Alright, whatever. How do I sign up?

Just fill out the sign up form below and wait for the fun to begin. :] This form can be short, by the way. You don't have to work hard at it. Remember, two characters. Male and Female.

There are TWELVE slots open for contestants (if less than that sign up, then we'll rearrange some things). FOUR judge slots open. There's no way you'll be denied, if you apply. I won't 'not' accept you, so give it a shot.

HTML:
    Played By:
    Name:
    Appearance: 
    Bio:

Wait, what does a judge do, then?

If you are a judge, your job is to read the posts, and follow the competition. Before the poll goes up, all of the judges will critique every contestant on their performance, and state who they think is the winner. The judges will have to have private conversations to mutually agree on who is the winner for that challenge (majority vote), and that person is immune from the poll. You guys aren't actually apart of the competition, but you help with the voting process, and eventually, crowning the winner. Your sign up is nonexistent, anyone can be a judge, even if you don't role play. Just be fair and send me a private message. Anyone posting on this thread about wanting to be a judge will be tsk'd and denied. First come, first serve. You cannot be a judge repetitively.

New Rules and Guidelines;

If you are a judge this time, you cannot be a judge for season three. However, you can be a judge for season four.

I would prefer the judge have MSN, because that's where most of the discussion will be taking place and it's the easiest. Either that or access to Voxli if the majority of the judges don't have MSN.

You'll have to write--a lot for each person, twelve in total, and you can't be lazy about it. You must post ON TIME, at least two paragraphs for each and every member, no exceptions UNLESS it's later in the Season and there's really nothing to be said. That's a total of 24 paragraphs required for the first round. This is so that all members get equal feedback and equal footing and chance to improve. If I can't get in touch with you for judging, or you don't get online, or you don't post your critiques, or aren't there for the group discussions without adequate reason and discussion with me, etc, etc, you will be dropped and replaced as a judge with a back-up judge and also be placed on probation for future seasons.

Probation is more of a detention period, in this case. Meaning that you also will not have access to becoming a judge until later Seasons when enough time has passed. The reason for this is because it is entirely unfair to me, the other judges and the contestants for you to be inconsistent, or deem the work is too hard for you and just leave, lol. Please do not sign up for this job unless you can stick with it until the very end. Of course, this all excludes EMERGENCIES. So if something suddenly happens, like someone dies, or your power blacks out for a month or something, or your falling wayyy behind in school or something (and you don't have a history of claiming so and remaining super active everywhere else) then okay no punishment and it's understood. The last competition took two months for reference on how long you'd be committing. (It'd probably not be that long this time around.)

Judges

1. [Taken]

2. [Taken]

3. [Taken]

4. [Taken]

Contestants

1. Tummer - Jose [m] + Chelsea [f]

2. P - Faust [m] + KHV-tan [f]

3. Britishism - Tobias [m] + Jen [f]

4. Terra254 - Alex [m]+ Alexis [f]

5. Marushi - Mao [f] + Tatsuo [m]

6. Midnight Star - Iona [f] + Ryan [m]

7. Master of Keyblades - Ren [m] + Kiza [f]

8. Ventus108 - Xoram [m] + Xorainia [f]

9. Ace the Sticky Man - Chyeze [m] + Ruby [f]

10. Maka - Nikki [f] + Corey [m]

11. Firekeyblade - Angel [f] + Andrew [m]

12. FuzzyBlueLights - Jake [m] + Lizzy [f]

Sign Ups end no later than October 7th (when the competition starts). Don't hesitate to send in questions, concerns or any errors you might notice.

Happy role playing. :]

If you would like your entering to be anonymous until the competition starts, PM me your application instead.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Returning cast members -- UNITE!
    I created some new characters for this round, but my two are still a couple. I learned from the last season that romance is my specialty.

Played By: Tummer
    Name: Jose
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: A young man with a very big heart. He may be naive about the world at times, but that's part of his charm. His girlfriend is Chelsea, who've been dating for two years.

Played By: Tummer
    Name: Chelsea
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: A young woman whose still finding her place in life. She enjoys using her brain to solve puzzles and find the easiest strategy in and out of something. She "wears the pants" in her relationship with Jose but she want him to move their relationship forward.

3. P Banned

Played By: P
    Name: Faust
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: It matters not how much money a man has. To be considered rich, a man must merely be wealthier than everyone else. Faust applies this philosophy to all aspects of live, including happiness and success. He has given up on self-improvement, and realised that it is impossible to escape the weakness of the human condition. Instead, he seeks success through the degradation and destruction of others. To these ends, he is steadfast and single-minded.

Played By: P
    Name: KHV-tan
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: KHV-tan is 14cm tall, but she does not consider it an inconvenience. After all, it means the world's an even bigger place, with even more to discover and explore. KHV-tan is insatiably curious and inquires about everything, even the sort of things ordinary people think of as mundane. This is coupled with a naïve innocence which thinks the best of everybody. As with most 'tan's, she speaks in a childish manner.

4. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm back.

Played By: Britishism
    Name: Tobias
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Tobias is an office drone, just another man trapped in a cycle. He once remained hopeful that something good will come his way, but years of failure have dulled his spirits. He is now pessimistic, and skeptic However, he is charming and polite to those he cares about, including his daughter Jen.
    He carefully calculates before he makes a move.

Played By: Britishism
    Name: Jen
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Jen is the fourrteen year-old daughter of Tobias. Unlike her father, she is optimistic and loving, to the point of annoyance. Despite her appearance, she is always joyful and kind to everyone. She is unfortunately brash and foolhardy, rushing into any situation head on. Her kindness can twist the hearts of even those who are evil.

5. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Played By:terra254
    Name:Alex
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio:Alex is Kind,Courageous,And sometimes funny.He usually remains silent and goes along with what ever happens,Somethings not quite right right about him.​

>:L

Name:Alexis
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio:She is stubborn but kind,Its not very often shes smiling,She does talk alot though,she speaks out whats on her mind,She like to to talk to her self alot.​

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Well, here we go again!

Played By: Marushi
    Name: Mao Kobayashi
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Growing up, people always thought Mao was strange. She never really said anything to people unless she really knew them, and prefered to spend most of her time writing music rather than play or hang out. Other than her brother, no one really knows her, and she never plays piano for anyone other than him. He's the only one who knows how gifted she is.

Played By: Marushi
    Name: Tatsuo Kobayashi
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Tatsuo always was the kind of guy that everybody liked. Everywhere he went, he made many friends and few enemies. He was naturally bright, but not nearly as talented as his sister. He was the only one who saw her for what she was: A genius. Not just musically, but in everything. He hates it when anyone makes fun of her or calls her weird, and he takes care of her.

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Played by: Midnight Star
    Name: Iona
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Iona has always been the quiet little girl who sits nicely at the back of the room getting on with her work and no one really notices her. Forever underestimated due to her small size, it suited her just fine to go unnoticed but there’s a lot more to her than simply meets the eye. This is one girl you don’t want to mess with.

Played by: Midnight Star
    Name: Ryan
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Confidence is something Ryan had never been short of, he was always the loud one, volunteering for absolutely anything and thriving on the attention. He was always seemingly in some sort of trouble, never anything serious but for his inability to keep his mouth shut. His home life was something he refused to talk about, all was not well but he never let it ruin his extravagant façade.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Alright, Showtime.

Played By: Master of Keyblades
    Name: Ren Yuuki
    Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QXsN_pO086Y/S_k152IjdzI/AAAAAAAAACc/j2drsHSC6dY/s1600/anime_girl_boy_love_-_0055.jpg
    Bio: Unlike his outgoing sister, who usaslly does the introduction for both on them, Ren prefers not to talk ofter people he doesn't know that well. Eventhough his sister keeps trying to get him to make friends.

Played By: Master of Keyblade
    Name: Kiza Yuuki
    Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QXsN_pO086Y/S_k152IjdzI/AAAAAAAAACc/j2drsHSC6dY/s1600/anime_girl_boy_love_-_0055.jpg
    Bio: Unlike her some-what shy brother, Kiza tend to make friends very quickly. Much to her brother's dislike, she's forced him in plenty of friendships that he later ended up enjoying them.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Played By: Ventus108
    Name: Xoram Kurosakii
    Appearance: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs41/i/2009/017/b/3/FMA__Male_Ran_Fan_by_qianying.jpg
    Bio: Xoram's cold towards dtrangers and people he finds "idiotic" and "annoying" Unlike his older sister who is nice to everyone. He has an easy time making friends if they make the first move

Played By: Ventus108
    Name: Xorainia Kurosakii
    Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/Ran Fan/BrattyAE/RanFan.jpg (sorry, only pic I could find that resembles Xoram but girlier. Hope this doesn't disqualify me)
    Bio: Unlike her cold brother, Xorainia likes everyone at first. She has lots of friends and cares for her brother very much. She's usually the one to introduce herself.

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Yarg. Looks to be everyone from the last season...

Played By: Ace the Sticky Man
    Name: Chyeze
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Despite his good looks Chyeze turns off many girls by being a major pervert. He is calm and collected but by even glancing at a buxom woman or a kinky outfit he melts into a fiery pot of perversion. He'll do anything for any girl he catches his eyes on. Sometimes even going over the edge. Despite his weakness he is a good, smart guy that can usually think and talk his way out of a problem.

Played By: Ace the Sticky Man
    Name: Ruby
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Despite her nice appearance Ruby breaks people for fun. She loves to get their hopes up and crush them down with her boots. She can go to great feats just to bring down one person. In the end she will be satisfied as watching the hopeless slump away is like a high for her. She can be quite the charmer when it comes to all genders. Sometimes though she accidently helps others instead of demoralizing them.

11. Maka Albarn It's called love

Played By: Maka
    Name: Nikki "Eiona" (Ee-on-ah) Tull
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Nikki has the optimistic air about her that sometimes drives people insane. ("HOW DOES SHE STAY SO HAPPY?!" "*Giggle, giggle*") There are moments when she'll break, but she'll snap out of it like nothing happened at all. Some can say she's mischievousness while others say she's a good little angel, it just all depends who cross her path. She doesn't let herself stay in a bad mood for very long, and if someone catches her frowning, she'll just smile and change her attitude very quickly (Think of Sora in the first Kingdom Hearts game, kind of like that) and sometimes even be a bit immature or silly. But when she gets serious and down to it, someone will know she's not messing around at all. Both of her parents died when she was four, and so she was raised by her Grandma Ma on a farm out in the country side (and so she has a like for animals, especially the fluffy little ones). Flexible, easy going, you'll have to decide for yourself if she's the most annoying person on the planet or the best friend you've been looking for all your life.

Played By: Maka
    Name: Corey "Oz" Evans
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Corey is the kind of guy who will say things the way they are, and be very blunt and sarcastic from time to time. Sometimes it can be up to the point where it hurts someone's feelings, but he can't help it because those kind of things escape from his mouth before he has time to hold on to it and not let it loose. He's pretty much down to earth, and despite being rude from time to time, he's a good listener. Corey doesn't like to admit it, but he has the talent for piano. He mostly likes to stand alone and not hang out in the crowds, and so he is the solitary one when it comes to parties, but that doesn't mean he's stiff as a board. You just have to find the squishy spots inside of him.

12. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    This. Is like Heaven. Why did i not find this sooner. Thank you Jayn for being a genius as you always are.

Played By: Firekeyblade
    Name: Angel
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Angel can be fairly quiet, but if she gathers herself, she can act somewhat outgoing if she ignores the awkwardness of a situation and becomes relaxed in it. She has a fascination with music and tries to be a pretty nice and good person or at least a neutral one. She tries to be fair with people and after realizing that most of the world is pretty neutral anyway, with people not really leaning towards bad or towards good, she's trying to make a greater effort to be a good active person. Though she can seem fairly caring, in heart she can be equally apathetic about a many different things. She's still trying to deal with that. Because of this she also procrastinates a lot. It's a work in progress. She also looks up to her older brother. Cause he's cool. And she's not. She can be smart at times, but also equally clueless and naive. Also stubborn. She likes being the comedian of the group.

Played By: Firekeyblade
    Name: Andrew
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Andrew is just about the nicest and coolest guy you'll ever meet. But he's only cool about 10% of the time. The rest of the time he's a goof and pretty clumsy too. However, despite being of age to drink, he chooses not to. He's a pretty good person and tries his best to help people out if he gets a chance to. Though he and Angel had some issues growing up, they're cool with each other now. Since starting college and finishing college, he hasn't seen much of Angel, but knows she's doing well. He's a fairly smart person and not nearly as naiive as Angel. Unlike Angel, he's mostly sincere with his heart when he cares and he tends to be more studious than Angel.

13. Jayn

Everyone so far is added!

There is ONE more contestant spot open, and TWO more judging spots open. Remember to PM me if you want to be a judge.

14. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Played By: FuzzyBlueLights
    Name: Jake Lightner
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/521527 (Crossing dressing form will simply be described. And the girl he poses as will have name changes if he decides to cross dress.)
    Bio: A pervert at heart. He was trained by his older brother in many perverted arts before his brother mysteriously disappeared when he turned eighteen. Having turned ten later in the year he forgot all about his brother most of the time. But when life quiets down, he stops to ponder if he brother even thinks of him anymore. They used to do lots of things together. From playing games to tricking girls. His brother even taught Jake the ultimate technique he developed. Cross-dressing for perversion.

Played By: FuzzyBlueLights
    Name: Lizzy Wellos
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/735927
    Bio: A tomboyish orphan who lives in Jake's suburbia. For whatever odd reason, as soon as she was adopted by his neighbors Jake peeked his head over his fence to see how old she was. Once he saw her chest and her attitude he decided she'd be best as a friend. They took off from there. She protecting him with her athletic prowess and sailor's tongue. And he helping her with math homework and keeping her out of fighting trouble. She's a genius when it comes to baseball and shows no shame in using her adorablity if she's ever stuck in a dress. Which she normally is not.

15. Jayn

Okay, guys! For now this is closed and all of the contestants and judges are final. Thank you to everyone participating.

I will bump/unlock this is a spot becomes open before we start. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.