Role Play Idol [Season Three] Challenge #3

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Role Play Idol
    【Challenge Three: Decision Making.

★ {WELCOME} ★
     Hey, sorry for the wait. This challenge will be judge-interactive, meaning the judges will be posting as well. Please remember your critiques from the last couple of challenges and apply what you've learned here. It will help you. There will be a voting session this time around.

The judges for this season's RPI will be...

Machina
    Midnight Star
    hyuge-of-the-twilight
    and Jayn.

Remember that our critiques are meant to help and encourage you. I hope that at the end of this competition, you will have become more confident in your role playing, and will feel more comfortable approaching us (the judges) and your fellow role players, even outside of it. We're here to help. <:

★ {THE CHALLENGE} ★

 'Kay so for this next scenario, hygue-of-the-twilight has offered a suggestion. This challenge will be interactive, and less limited.

In this scenario, all of you are a team of rebels. The Judges will play a team of government representatives (essentially). You don't agree with the way the government is and in the midst of one of your missions (irrelevant), you've been captured. Our team has you trapped in a room with seemingly no escape. We promise to let you go if you give up the leader of your rebellion. The leader is not played by anyone. He is an NPC named Caden (we don't know which one of you is the leader).

This challenge does not focus on fighting or idling around, but rather you must all debate and chose if you'll give your leader up or if you won't. This challenge focuses heavily on the discussion of your team and your all working together to finish this scenario and make a decisions. We'll also be looking at contribution. How many of you post regularly, those of you who disappear from the challenge, etc.

In this challenge, you will be replying to this post written by hyuge.

★ {RULES AND RESTRICTIONS} ★

♣ You can (and have to) post more than once.

♣ You must use ONE of your characters in this challenge.

♣ Remember that this is a competition. Try your best to impress me, and the judges. If you're not trying, it will be evident.

♣ For this challenge, you may interact with everyone. You all already know each other.

♣ Posts count, so be relevant. Please don't spam questions in this thread about this challenge, contact me personally if you're confused!

♣ You have until JUNE 16TH to post. Preferably before then, because we want as much time as possible for the judging process. <: If you do not make that deadline, you are disqualified. Talk to me if it's important.

♣ Be creative and have fun! It is a competition, but it's also about being creative, original and letting loose.

♣ Graphics are okay to use if you want them. But I'm not making them for anyone in this competition. If you use them, you're not scoring any extra points with the judges. I've made it clear that graphics does not equal superior.

♣ Post your posts in this thread, below my post.

♣ Powers and weapons are irrelevant and won't help you in this situation. The focus is on the discussion.

♣ Once you submit, that's your post. You can edit spelling errors and such, but please don't add more on. Only because it would be unfair to post, compare to everyone else's post and edit more in based off of what other people post.

♣ If you edit your post, leave a reason why. I CAN compare original posts to their edits, so please be honest.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Scheherezade, peering at the officers outside through a crack in the blinds, cursed and stalked away from the window. "Somebody told,", she seethed. "Somebody in this room told! There's no way that they would have found us otherwise!" She glared at the people assembled in the room. "We cannot give Caden up; we need him. But we need to make them—"she jabbed a finger at the window"—leave.

"I have a proposition,"
    she declared. "One of you is a lying sneak and gave us all away. We find out who that is, and we give them over to Detective Renee Swimmer." Just the detective's name felt vile on her tongue. Already Scheherezade was plotting her downfall.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

There's no guarantee that someone ratted us us." Jayden spoke from the wall he was leaning on. While he was wondering how did they find them in the first place, it was too soon to start jumping to conclusion. "This is the government were going up against. There's a chance they had ways to spy on us and we didn't even notice. Once he'd finish speaking, he though about what he'd just said. Both scenarios were possible and whichever one was true, that didn't change that they wanted their leader.

"If there is a rats here among up, then they can either give themselves up now, or later. Either way we can't afford to turn in our leader. Hopefully the rat, if their is one, would give themselves up or at least assist in getting them out of the situation.

4. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Napoleon watched the window in deep concentration. He didn't notice anything suspicious around the house, so how would the government know? He breathed in slowly, and breathed out even slower. "Maybe... they're making a... guess." He said in a slow, deep voice. He then looked up at everyone to make sure they understood. "Maybe no one... told."

He sighed, looking at the window again. "Still... we might want to... search the house... a bit. For things... people might have snuck in..."

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Scheherezade whirled around, glaring. She wasn't wrong. She was never wrong. That wasn't her being egotistical, it was a truth of the world as she saw it. Anybody who would dare insinuate otherwise was a fool.

But, perhaps...

She forced the niggling doubt away; there was no room for such thoughts in her mind.

"All right," she ground out. "I'll...humor you. A search of the house may be in order. But I swear, if anybody in this room is lying..." She left the threat open—not only a nice intimidation tactic, but it would give her room to be inventive when (not if) the time arose.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Jayden let out a sigh of relief when the debate about the possible rat had ended. Now the had one less thing to worry about. If we are going to search the house, then it'll probably benefit us if a small group goes so they don't grow suspicious of what going on." Hopefully the search will give them something they can use against the government and help get them out of this situation. Otherwise they might have another problem on their hands.

7. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

"I'm willing... to go..." Napoleon said, standing up and walking towards Jayden. "We should probably start... near the front door..." Napoleon was thinking if anything was snuck into the house, maybe the first place they'd find anything would be where someone would enter. He was hoping the people he trusted did not do such a thing, though. This search would either bring more distrust, more confusion, or both.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

Edrina Brandforth was glaring. Not at anyone in particular, but at the empty space she was staring off into.
    I bet they think it was me. They always think it was me. This is a difficult situation to be in. I don't think they would've done anything, but how can i be sure?

Edrina sighed. "I agree with the stoner. Yes, that IS you, Napoleon. The front door would be a good place to start, but i also agree that it should be done in small groups" she stated. She thought for a moment, playing with her long, brunette hair as she did so. Then she voiced her thoughts.

"What if we just pretended one of us was the leader, so that the rest of us can go home freely?"

9. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Pamela looked around, confused. Yes, she heard what Renee Swimmer had to say, but still was confused, though she didn't know why.

"What the hell are we going to do in this situation?" she thought, then she heard, "Pretend to be the leader", or something like that.

Which Pamela thought was a great idea, they all needed Caleb. He was like god to her, since he was the only one she could trust.

"I'll try to focus here," Pamela thought to herself again, "If they do need someone to turn themselves in, I'm kinda willing to do it. But for now, I'm just gonna play along with the group."

10. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Napoleon glared at Edrina, "We've been through this, Edrina... I'm not a stoner. This is just... the way I was brought up to talk..." He paused for a moment, as if trying to get back on his train of thought. "It's not very fair... for one person to not have freedom... yet the rest of us walk away with no repercussions. Though," He turned and looked at the window, "I guess if someone has a death wish, turning themselves in would be... something to consider..."

He trailed off from his sentence and thought out what would happen if he turned himself in. 'Probably execution,' He thought, 'I'd be lucky to get a life sentence... I guess I'm willing to end my life to let someone fully live out theirs...'

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

Jayden thought about what Edrina had said. If one of them did give themselves up if might by the others enough time to get out of this situation and think of a way to rescue the one who sacrifice himself. Then again if the government found out about their little trick, it would only make things worse one them. Assuming someone did turned themselves in as the leader, we would have no guarantee that they wouldn't figure out we were lying. That would make the sacrifice completely in vain. He said before thinking about what he'd said. If they managed to find and capture them and place them into this room, there's no promise that it'll work. I just hope that if we do go through with it that it works out.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

A small sigh was let out by the petite woman outside as she leaned back on the wall, simply watching the building they had surrounded. Her brilliant white hair contrasted with her mostly black uniform, making her stand out from the rest of the force and she had a look on her face that suggested she would rather be anywhere but here. Her name was Lianne Hunter and right now, she had better places to be. Unfortunately for her, it had been made very clear to them that they weren't going anywhere until this mess was cleared up. These people have been making no end of trouble for them and it was about time they were sorted out. She'd seen the files, half of them were still kids, they didn't know what they were doing. Yet still they weren't that weak. That's why she'd been called in with the rest of them; normally she was way above this kind of thing.

However before going in with a full on attack, they'd decided to give them an ultimatum. It seemed like a fairly good deal to her, just give them their leader and the rest go free. It was probably even a bit too lenient, the rest of them deserved a bit of a punishment too but that was the deal. She knew the logic of course, if they take out the one in charge, organising and inspiring people then it would all collapse. They would lose hope and wouldn't know what to do without their leader, power struggles ensue, making them easier to take down if they continue. She didn't expect them to agree anyway, they never did. They always seemed so loyal to this one person, whose life seemed so much more valuable then everyone else’s. She wished they would agree as it meant she could go home and didn't have to beat children up but she was prepared to fight when it came to it.

The detective had put it so nicely, that if they didn't agree they'd be simply arrested, like it was ever that simple. If they didn't agree then they would fight, plain and simple. In order to arrest them, this little group would first have to be subjected them to a painful and humiliating defeat. Lianne had no problems with the fighting, she may be small but she was not weak. The last person to have called her that had soon learnt their mistake; they'd probably have a limp for the rest of their life now. Despite this, she still only fought when it was absolutely necessary; she saw no point in fighting without a cause. She shook her head as she stared at the building, searching for a glimpse of the squabbling and bickering that was no doubt going on inside.

13. Jayn

(OOC: Deadline extended to give you guys more time to wrap this up. The 18th is now the last day to post, judges included. Please remember the challenge. If you're confused or need more details, ask. VM or PM. Hyuge could probably explain better than I could, hah.)

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

<<ooc: yeah, if you need anything just ask me. but remember, only two more to wrap everything up. the better you do at ending it, the better off you'll be. =] good luck.>>

Dective Swimmer looked down at her wrist to check the time. The criminals were taking too long to make a decision and it made her uncomfortable. They were obviously up to something and she wasn't going to tolerate it anymore. She picked up the megaphone from off of the hood of her car and held it up to her mouth again. The criminals weren't going to be tolerated and if they didn't make a decision quickly, they were all going to be put in prison for a long time. "All right. You have taken too long. You have ten minutes to make a decision or we move in. Think about it. Do you all want to go to prison, or are you willing to let one person take the fall. Imagine the rest of your life if you don't take this decision seriously enough."

She set the megaphone down again and then signaled at a few of the officers to move and cover all the exits. If the fugitives decided to try anything, they would be out before they even knew it. Renee wasn't going to let any of them go. Not a chance. She just wanted to make them feel safe by saying they would go free if they gave up their leader. If they really did give up their leader, it would just be a bonus. They police would know who orchestrated the whole thing and why it was so important to defy the government.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Edrina gulped. Ten minutes to make a decision..and people are still unsure about what they're going to do.. she thought. She looked around at the people around her. Sometimes it's like i don't know these people at all, yet...they're the closest i have to actual friends, she worried. A sudden lump seemed to manifest in her throat as she realised what she had to do. She walked over to the front door and leant against it. She was hesitant to open the door, yet she was too scared to back down in case they all went to prison. Then suddenly, she shouted:

"I'm the leader! I did it all!"

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Scheherezade was running through possible plans and ideas in her mind when Edrina shouted:

"I'm the leader! I did it all!"

She whirled around, her eyes wide. "What are you doing?" she demanded, shocked. "Do you realize what they'll do to you, you fool?!" She grabbed Edrina's arm and began to pull her away from the door. "Get away from there, idiot! We need to think this through!"

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Jayden was at a complete loos for words when Edrina spoke. "Don't be in a hurry to give up your life" He said in a different tone than he was speaking in earlier. "We need to use out 10 minutes to find a solution, not to make risky decisions. Besides... He paused, long enough for him to think about his life before he met everyone here. While it wasn't filled with any good memories, he managed to get through every situation it through at him. Now he would have to do the same. "I'm willing to give myself up if it means you guys go free."

18. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Pamela looked at Jayden and thought about what he said.

Then at Edrina, and thought about what she shouted.

"I think we should just bring out the one that's willing to sacrifice himself," Pamela started, "Which here is Jayden.

"Besides, we have less than 10 minutes to decide. If we don't decide soon, Swimmer's gonna come in here, and arrest us all. Who's willing to sacrifice themself... can leave this house and turn themselves in..." Pamela stuttered a bit.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Odds are while I'm out there all attention will be on me so that'll be your best chance to escape." Jayden said. It seemed that his mind was completely set on sacrificing himself. He turned from everyone and faced the door.Well, I guess this is it. He said as he made his way towards the door.

20. Glen Returned from the dead

Edrina walked over to Jayden, and nearly slapped him in the face.
    "Do you think i would've yelled out it was me if i WASN'T intending on being the one they capture?" she hissed. She pushed him out of the way and continued towards the door. Her heart was racing, thinking of all the things that could happen because of what she intended to do. She laughed quietly as one thought came to mind.
    "Well, i suppose they could ask me why i did it and i could have fun making up a story" she said quietly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.