Role Play Idol [Season One] Sign-Ups!

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Introduction

Welcome to Role Play idol, an original role play competition! 'Original' role playing (on KHV) is the acting out of a particular character you create yourself, from scratch. From name and age to bio and personality, you create this character and act them out in a story-like format with other players.

So, do you enjoy role playing, competitions, or just writing in general? What about if you need help sharpening your role play skills, want to get back into it (or start it), or want to meet and interact with new people or role players? This competition may be for you!

Uh, sure. But what is it?

This will be an OC (original character) competition, meaning that each contestant will have one original character to create and compete with throughout. There will be a different 'season' each month, but this is for season one. If you sign up for season one, you do not have to compete in season two or onwards. The competition with be a month-long one.

There will be several different challenges and themes, and this will work in an 'American Idol' style. There will be four judges. You can not compete and be a judge at the same time, but no matter who you are, you can apply to be a judge. There will be no more than 12 contestants a season, and around ten or so challenges running three days each.

At the end of each challenge, the panel of judges will give their critiques to each member on their performance, and there will be a vote off period. Contestants and judges will be able to vote for their favorites, with no voting for themselves of course. The prize will of course be being crowned KHV's Role Play Idol for season one, and you also receive a pin!

Okay, so I can just sign up and do whatever I want then?

...No, lol. Here are some guidelines/rules.

♣ There is no voting for yourself and when you vote, you must put a valid reason for why you're voting for who you're voting for in a post.

♣ Please be original. Your character cannot be from another anime, game, etc, unless the challenge causes for them to be.

♣ Your entry OC must be as simplified as possible. That means no powers or anything weird like that. Why? Because some of the challenges might conflict with that. Don't worry, the competition isn't that straight edge. You'll get to play with some powers.

♣ No god-modding. Yes, this still applies. No power playing.

♣ Do not ignore the other contestants. Interact with everyone fairly.

♣ Activity will be important, but you have three days to post between challenges and voting periods.

♣ Try to stay in character.

♣ A judge cannot be a contestant.

♣ You must have two characters. A girl, and a boy. They can be the same person, just gender flipped with different names if you want, but you'll see why this matters later.

♣ Don't bring drama into this. If you're paired up with someone you dislike during a challenge, and/or you get voted out, don't rage. Just deal with it, or try again next time.

♣ You cannot have your friends vote for you. I think I said it before, but people outside of the competition can vote for the contenders, but must provide a valid reason for doing so--like everyone else. If I find out you've asked your buddy to go vote for you and BS some reason, you will be disqualified. It is unfair and dishonest. Same goes for constantly voting for your friends, and for not voting at all. All contestants and judges are required to vote, FAIRLY.

♣ I reserve the right to add more rules before the competition starts, so check back here often if you decide to sign up!

Alright, whatever. How do I sign up?

Just fill out the sign up form below and wait for the fun to begin. :] This form can be short, by the way. You don't have to work hard at it. Remember, two characters. Male and Female.

There are TWELVE slots open for contestants (if less than that sign up, then we'll rearrange some things). TEN rounds and voting sessions, and FOUR judge slots open. There's no way you'll be denied, if you apply. I won't 'not' accept you, so give it a shot.

HTML:
    Played By:
    Name:
    Appearance: 
    Bio:

Wait, what does a judge do, then?

If you are a judge, your job is to read the posts, and follow the competition. Before the poll goes up, all of the judges will critique every contestant on their performance, and state who they think is the winner. The judges will have to have private conversations to mutually agree on who is the winner for that challenge (majority vote), and that person is immune from the poll. You guys aren't actually apart of the competition, but you help with the voting process, and eventually, crowning the winner. Your sign up is nonexistent, anyone can be a judge, even if you don't role play. Just be fair and send me a private message. Anyone posting on this thread about wanting to be a judge will be tsk'd and denied. First come, first serve. You cannot be a judge repetitively. If you are a judge this time, you cannot be a judge for season two. However, you can be a judge for season three.

Judges

1. [Taken]

2. [Taken]

3. [Taken]

4. [Taken]

Contestants

1. Fuuka Yamagishi - Tessa River [f]+ Chris River [m]

2. Bushy Brow - Izzy Kumo [m] + Ilia Kumo [f]

3. Marushi - Lance [m] + Kara [f]

4. Dr_Wigglz - Gexln [m] + Rosalina [f]

5. bluekingboy - Monte [m] + Kusani [f]

6. ANONYMOUS CONTESTANT # 1 - TBA, TBA.

7. master of keyblades - Allen [m] + Mina [f]

8. Britishism - Rory [m] + Keira [f]

9. Ace Phoenix - Kyatchi [m] + Mizume [f]

10. theonly9one - Heather [f] + Brad [m]

11. ANONYMOUS CONTESTANT # 2 - TBA, TBA.

12. Tummer - Hannah [f] + Luis [m]

Sign up's end no later than August 10th (when the competition starts). Don't hesitate to send in questions, concerns or any errors you might notice.

Happy role playing. :]

Edit: I've decided not to reveal the other judges until the competition starts, so that can't be a factor in someone's choice to sign up. If you would like your entering to be anonymous until the competition starts, PM me your application instead.

2. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    I would definitely do this if it gets lift off. If not for Season 1, but for 2, if it gets that far.

3. Doukuro Chaser

This seems very interesting. And perfect since I've been meaning to practice role playing as twins, or even two people at once XD

Played By: Fuuka Yamagishi
    Name: Tessa River
    Appearance: Girl here.
    Bio: Has had a good family and life. Middle class. Most attached to her brother, as they are twins and have always been together. Self-proclaimed 'queen.'

Played By: Fuuka Yamagishi
    Name: Chris River
    Appearance: Guy here.
    Bio: Same as Tessa, good family and life, middle class. Also is most attached to his sister. Will fight for her but otherwise is a peaceful guy. Loves to joke around. Calls himself the better looking twin and self proclaimed master gamer.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I'm definitely up for this, count me in!

Played By: Bushy Brow
    Name: Izzy Kumo
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Guy on the right.
    Bio: Both have grown up together relatively well, like his sister, he is Otaku and has also got a keen interest in martial arts. He is more outgoing and confident and feels that he should be there for his sister.

~

Played By: Bushy Brow
    Name: Ilia Kumo
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Girl on the left.
    Bio: Both have grown up together living relatively well. Like her brother, she is otaku. She has a keen interest in Dance and in drawing. She is more shy and cautious than her brother, but still wants to be there for him.

5. Jayn

You two are added. Thank you for signing up, and good luck. :]

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Played By: Marushi
    Name: Lance
    Appearance: Blonde hair that naturally looks windswept. Big brown eyes, a strong build. (Imagine Daniel/John/#4 from I Am Number Four)
    Bio: Lance never really had a good life before he moved to a new town and met Kara, the love of his life. He didn't have much money, he didn't have nice clothes, or a cool car, he didn't even have real parents. But now everythings all right. He turned eighteen and got a job, a truck, and an apartment of his own. All that topped off with his beautiful fiance, life is great.

Played By: Marushi
    Name: Kara
    Appearance: Kara is pale, has dark eyes and hair, usually wears soft pink colors.
    Bio: Kara grew up in a nice family that never went without. Raised with a strong sense of moral ethics, she never has a bad word to say about anybody. When Lance moved to town, she was nice to the "Foster kid" when nobody else was. Needless to say, he fell in love with her. And it wasn't very hard for her to find that she loved him too. They're engaged now, but they're not going to marry for a few years yet.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

Played By: Dr_Wigglz
    Name: Gexln
    Appearance: Short brown, spiked hair. Blue eyes. Wears a black cloak similar to Organization XIII's cloaks. 5"7 in height. Average build, pale white skin.
    Bio: A professional killer, Gexln has trained himself so as not to be effected by most emotions. Most of the time, he does his best to not show his emotions. He is merciless, and he wields a blade he calls Darkness' Sorrow. Gexln is not somebody to be underestimated.

Played By: Dr_Wigglz
    Name: Rosalina
    Appearance: Shoulder-length blonde hair, green eyes. 5"4 in height. Mostly wears a bright blue short sleeved shirt and black pants.
    Bio: Rosalina is a ditzy blonde. She always does her best to see the positive side of things, which is strange considering the fact her mother and father died when she was four. Going to a good school, she should be very intelligent, but fails to achieve that goal.

8. bluekingboy Destiny Islands Resident

Played By:Bluekingboy
    Name:Monte
    Appearance:Average height with long black hair that goes just past his eyes.He wears a dark brown frayed shirt and pants with a very strange looking flower in the front pocket of his shirt.
    Bio: Due to his dark past and the many mistakes hes made he likes to remain a bit of a loner.Hes slow to trust others but when he does hes very protective.Though hes silent most of the time when he speaks its usually very well spoken.

Played By:Bluekingboy
    Name:Kusani
    Appearance:Tall height with two long bright blue ponytails one going out of each side.She mainly wears a blue cutoff shirt with a semishort grey skirt.
    Bio:Kusani is a very outgoing girl who can be a bit cocky at times but definately can be serious when she needs to be.Behind her cocky and careless attitude she has a fighting spirit.She can be a bit of a flirt at times and will use that to her advantage if necessary.

9. Jayn

Added you three.~ Good luck!

Edit; Rules updated.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

Played By: Master of Keyblades
    Name: Allen Gray
    Appearance: Here
    Bio: Even though he's not related to Mina, they still act like brother and sister. His calm and collected attitude usally has him cleaning up the messes she causes.

Played By: Master of Keyblades
    Name: Mina Yuuki
    Appearance: Here
    Bio: Even though she's not related to Allen, they still act like brother and sister. Her recklessness sometimes leads to trouble which is usally fixed by Allen, but she still manages to smile through it all.

11. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Played By:
    Britishism
    Name: Rory Wilater
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Rory is an outgoing and personable young man, raised to be from a young age. He is interested in art and acting, and hopes to be an artist as an adult. He is good friends with Keira, as he has known her since childhood.

Played By: Britishism
    Name: Keira Stayhold
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Keira is a kind and clever girl. Her interests are writing, singing, and acting. She met Rory when they were both trying out for a play as children, and have been friends ever since.

12. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Played By:Ace Phoenix
    Name: Kyatchi
    Appearance: 6ft 3in tall. Black spikey hair. Wears a white dress shirt with a black tie. Appears very serious.
    Bio: He is always responsible and can always be counted on. When Mizume's, his neighbor, house burned down and her parents died, he let her move in with her so she did not have to go to an orphanage.

Played By:Ace Phoenix
    Name: Mizume
    Appearance: 5ft 2in tall. Long brown hair that goes past her shoulders. Seems to favor her school uniform over everyday clothing.
    Bio: Her neighbor, Kyatchi, let her move in with her when her house burned down and her parents died. She always seems happy and is always thinking about what to do tomorrow. Even if she never does it.

13. Jayn

You're all added. (:

Three slots open, so I suggest joining now if you're going to join.

14. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Played By: Chesterfield Snapdragon McFistycuffs (theonly9one)
    Name: Heather
    Appearance: Athletic body, around 5'6'' (167 cm?), long, sleek auburn hair, gray eyes, oval face with soft features.
    Bio: Ambitious and out-going, Heather is a bit chattery and spazzy, although most of the time she can keep it in the 'endearing' category, in stead of the annoying one. She enjoys kickboxing and swimming, and loves to paint and sculpt to cool herself down.

Played By: Chesterfield
    Name: Brad
    Appearance: Tall and skinny (6'2''/190cm), with jet black, styled hair, warm hazel eyes, and a angular, yet handsome face.
    Bio: Brad was born on-stage. He has been dancing, singing and acting since age three, and for the last four years he has been focusing on improvisational comedy. Thoughtful, dedicated and always reliable, he makes friends easy, but is wary of letting anybody close, due to a somewhat reserved personality.

15. Jayn

Added. :] One slot left, guys. And then this is closed!

16. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Played By: tummer
    Name: Hannah
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Girl on the right
    Bio: A young high school girl who seems to find a positive outlook on life. Don't be fooled by her looks, she's tough and is ready for a fight

Played By: tummer
    Name: Luis
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Boy on the left
    Bio: Hannah's loyal boyfriend for half a year. He's the brains of their group and is good with almost any problem or puzzle.

17. bluekingboy Destiny Islands Resident

Hey if all the spots get filled would it be possible to start this weekend? It seems odd to start in the middle of the week.

18. Jayn

Adding you, Tummer.

Thank you all so much for your support. Getting lift off means a lot, and every one of you contributed. :] If you didn't get a shot in this season, stay tuned for Season II and make sure to cheer on the current contestants!

@BKB; We'll see. I said if we filled up before the 10th, there's a chance I'd start sooner. So probably, yes.

C L O S E D !

If you need any more help, or have any questions to ask, please contact me through private message or visitor message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.