Role Play Idol『S04』OOC & Discussion!

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

{ Self explanatory! Use this thread to ask questions and discuss the challenges as you need to. It will be here throughout the entire competition, and will come in handy in challenges where you need to work as a team. Posts DO count here so please keep whatever you say relevant and more than a one liner. }

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

For clarification, are we required to use both of our characters in each challenge, or just one, and we choose which?

3. Jayn

Just one! :') You pick which one you'd like to use.

4. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

(Copy/paste of my question to Jayn. I didn't know about the thread. opps.)

Fuzzy: I was just confused as to if our chars memories of Earth and their lives on it were edited.

Jayn: No. Your memories are different each round, which is why I said that your memory would be restored when you get back. Each round is a clean slate. So you they shift and change with the scenario. For instance, if you’re in a challenge where you’re a high school student, then your memories would be related to school life and you may be childhood friends with your competitiors or something.

Fuzzy: Hm. So for example in this scenario, if I picked my old man, he would have his memories of Earth and all that he did on it, but only because it was allowed for this DYBiM world? Whereas if he were in a world where everyone char is in High School, he would be his younger self but with altered memories depending on the rules/world?

Jayn: Yes.

tl;dr. Our characters are normal, no memories were edited except for not remembering the gazebo and teleporting door stuff. One minute we're in Kansas, the next we're in Oz. (No they're not really in Oz, sheesh.)

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Huh, well I only just dicovered both this and the actual challenge thread itself. Damn alerts not functioning properly. Will try to cook somethin up tomorrow though.

6. Jayn

{ Gave an extension upon request because of the downtime yesterday, and that people didn't notice the thread was up. I recommend watching the forum for posts and just checking in every once and a while.

So, anyway, you now have until July 1st. Again, if you have any questions please ask.}

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

So I think editing in this is pretty much frowned upon but Allen just pointed out to me that I used the name from one of my characters and tHE GENDER FROM THE OTHER AAAAAA I'M SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DAVID NOT TAYLOR @___@

8. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it'd probably be fine if you went back and edited in the right name.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, yeah, I went ahead and did that, but I just wanted to say here 'cause it seems like sometimes the "Edited" line shows up in posts and sometimes it doesn't, so in case it did, I wanted the explanation to be here.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't wanna be that guy (especially since it took me almost a week before I made my first post), but people, we've got less than twelve hours until this challenge ends, and we've barely even left the carriage, let alone gotten anywhere close to finding Jayn. And about half of you guys who signed up haven't even posted yet.

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

After a lot of thinking and beating myself up, I've come to the decision that it was probably a bad idea to join. I wanted to apologize for being a part of the reason that the first challenge hasn't gone anywhere, there's just too much going on and I'm not I'm the right frame of mind for anything too serious. My apologies again, and good luck to everyone competing.

__// withdraws

12. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

I just thought of something: I know the characters forget about the hub world and the competition whenever they're in a challenge, but do they forget about the other challenges? It'd get kind of annoying having to have characters introduce themselves every time.

13. Jayn

{ Challenges are not remembered until you return to the lobby, but each challenge will not require introduction. In most of them, your group already knows each other.

--

Annnnd, that's it! The challenge is over and the judges ( @King of Heroes and I since Cstar is on her trip ) will be critiquing over the next couple of days. Thank you to all who posted! }

14. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

Hey, I don't mean to be rude, but should the judging be taking as long as it is? I mean you said a couple days and it's almost been two weeks. Am I missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.