358/2 Days Riku's relationship with Xion...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by MisuzuKamio, Oct 27, 2008.

1. int2646 Traverse Town Homebody

I was hoping Riku will finally get a girlfriend
    He's been through alot and he needs some love. :D

2. KH Corrupted Moogle Assistant

Rixion

I watched the trailer for this, and immediately, i was all for this pairing.

What if DiZ, for some unknown reason, re-animated Xion? Or if Xion was transported somewhere into the Darkness, and Riku goes after her?

3. tSG1 Chaser

Good friends, who lend each other support in times of need.

Maybe it'll evolve into something else, but i doubt it, as Xion is really Sora, and that would be.... kinda awkward.

4. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Omg Rion 4evaaaa!!! I wrote a story where Riku and Xion have twin girls it's cool but too much to type!

5. Haiena.Koinu Traverse Town Homebody

((I think Xio and Roxas = Good Friends along with Axel = Good Friends ))

6. Repliku Chaser

Riku and Xion just isn't happening. Riku will hopefully someday meet a girl character that isn't an offshoot of someone else and who may last for a couple games, but Xion isn't it and in a way I'm glad. I'd spoil but I won't ruin it for people.

7. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Er...
    Xion is Sora...a very GENDERLESS memory of Sora. As much as many of us would like for Riku to have a girl in his life, XionXRiku isn't going to be an option. Pairing these two up here would mean the same crap as pairing Sora with Riku...and that isn't going to happen either. And this Xion's not even a REAL gril, technically. The only thing we can hope for is that outside of the story [unless there is a KHIII and they decide to add to Riku's love life], Riku will definitely find a lovely young girl. Trust me, I'd want nothing more than that. Riku deserves a girl.

My comments got spoilers...don't click unless you know everything about Xion.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't really see why every single person in games needs to be paired up with someone.
    Riku seems more like the cool guy that girls fawn over, though, not the one who settles down

9. Gwen Farewell.

XionxRiku leaves Roxas open which makes my inner yaoi fangirl very happy.

So, considering my sister is obsessed with this pairing, and it fits with my preferences, I have to agree with you that they're a worthy shipping with the little time they've interacted.

10. BleedingSkyMaiden Moogle Assistant

Sorry to burst anyone's romantic bubble but ...
    Xion is really just a copy of Sora that was transformed into a girl body. It'd be just like the pairings being Riku and Sora ... except for the fact that Sora is gender switched. Yeah ... those yaoi fangirl's dreams have come true.

11. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Xion and Riku?

Not canon, no chance of becoming canon, would take extremely f'ed-up circumstances to become canon, but like most pairings the fans of this series come up, completely adorable.

Though let's throw these guys a bone - whil Xion's a Replica of Sora, that's not the same as a direct clone. For the most part she's a blank doll full of memories - these change her visible shape ("I see myself the way you remember me" kinda thing) but nothing else. As an actual person she's void. :| Her personality isn't the same as Sora's, either, but it's Sora perception of Kairi. Sora, at the start of the first game, seems to think that Kairi is flirting with Riku; maybe Xion could start to feel something for him based on that warped memory.

Whether Riku reciprocates or not? Before KHI he probably would've. I guess accidentally destroying the world by trying to reach out really wrecks your social courage.

...Anyone else think Xion and Repliku would also be cute (and slightly more fitting)?

(We need to stop having these nearly-but-not-really offshoots of Sora and Riku. It's distracting. Before, all the offshoots of Kairi were cute and distracting, but now the offshoots of Sora and Riku are really distracting.)

12. Sync Merlin's Housekeeper

I always thought that Axel and Xion kinda liked each other. I mean, they hate each other all the time. So they must like each other! DER! And I always felt that Riku butted in too much. He really needs a girl.

13. MaM_1 Destiny Islands Resident

i think riku and xion would be cute together.
    riku probably feels a connection with her anyways because of her resemblance to kairi.

14. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Really? While playing this game it never even came across my mind, but once I search up Xion and Riku all I see is complete fanservice of thier "relationship". But besides that scene with them on Destiny Island and when she "fought" him near Beast Castle (I believe)...Riku was the one who wanted her gone in the first place. :/ (To bring back Sora's memories)

BUT I do like the pairing ^^.

15. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Well if it was RoxasxXion that would be so weird because that would literately be
    Like Sora dating himself
    and RikuxXion would also be weird because it would pretty much be
    Sora and Riku together
    Plus everyone is just friends.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

You know,the way some people see it is that Sora could be gay for Riku. So,if those people are right,it COULD be Sora and Riku together. Just for anyone who wants to know,i disagree with the people that say he's gay lol

17. DragonElder1321 Moogle Assistant

I think there might be something between Xion and Riku. They're too close not to be. And I think people are overreacting the whole Roxas x Xion bit. There's nothing more than a close friendship between them, I think, and the chemistry between Namine and Roxas is too much to allow someone else into the fold.

I don't mind gays, but I don't think Sora and Riku are gay.

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

This post is brought to you by Saxima, the bias Kingdom Hearts video game player.

In 358/2 Days, I'll admit, Riku and Xion were particularly close, for why on Riku's part, I don't really know. It could be that maybe he felt bad for her because she was incomplete, or maybe it was the fact that she was a spitting image of a younger Kairi, that could work too. Then again, it could also be because of his goal at the time: trying to get Sora to wake up, so he needed her to rejoin with Roxas.

Xion paired with anyone would definitly be. . .strange, on some level at least. Except for maybe Kairi, but that's going into the whole yuri section, and that's on some other strange level.

Since Sora and Kairi are practically destined to be together, (disappointed sigh...) who does Riku have?

Haha, sometimes, throughout the game, you wonder if Sora's gay for Riku. Who knows, maybe he is. But in a game with Disney? I don't think so. But then again I hope so. I mean (and this is where the bias comes in) come on, Sora spends the entire Kingdom Hearts II game busting his butt looking for Riku! You see him doing that for Kairi?! And it's not like he's crying when reunited with her - no, he cries when he's reunited with Riku!!

"I looked for you...! I looked everywhere for you!"

So yeah, Sora being gay for Riku, heehee, could happen. But not likely. If not, I hope they find a girl for him that's suitable to my tastes.

19. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

They are a cute couple but following the story of the game it would just be weird. the only relationships I see are sora x kairi and roxas x namine the rest I see them as just really good friends. But everyone sees things differently and has their own opinion

20. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

No I disagree with "Sora gay" I'm just saying that Xion when she absorbed
    Enough memories of Sora she looked like Sora and how she is made up of Soras leaking memories
    but that doesn't mean Soras gay.

I believe their pretty much the same, since Namine is (or is inside of) Kairi and same with Roxas and Sora