Dream Drop Distance Riku's New Look

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Zantairette, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Llave Superless Moderator

My thoughts exactly. It has been 5 years since KHII came out and that was the biggest costume change for Riku and Sora. So having new outfits for a high octane game really gives it a whole new feel. It's like playing KHII for the first time again! Everything's fresh and new!

2. Rhiscx Banned

Riku's new look is looking pretty good. I don't know if this is a test thing to see if fans will prefer this over the original KH1 looks, but these outfits have got my vote!!!

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well you don't have to worry about that, because they have released some videos of the actual gameplay and seeing that it's already in motion I highly doubt they would waste time having to go back and change the outfits. It's almost positive the outfits are in ^_^

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

To be honest, I think it's good that they changed their clothes since most peoples annoyance was toward how KH1 Sora and Riku looks- to which they adressed.

But, I think there is a significance to why they look like a mix between their KH1 and 2 selves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oviously, the red of Sora's costume is from his KH1 versions and so are his shoes, but the style is almost exactly the same as the structure of KH2 Sora, as you can see. Plus the cross of material on his T-shirt is the same as the cross on his KH2 shorts. His gloves are like KH1 Sora but dark. i don't know what this significance is but I believe it means something, it could just mean, as someone said, how they remember each other by merging the two versions together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's the same with Riku, his clothes are the same colours (more or less) as KH2 Riku but the style is more like his KH1 version. The one thing I don't understand is the length of his hair and why it's so short.

5. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

I LOVE the new outfits. =D
    And I don't mind Riku's haircut. Sure, he looked cool with long hair, but short hair can be just as cool. We just gotta give his new look time to settle, that's all. =P

6. *Moonlight* Merlin's Housekeeper

I want to do a complement to this post. Riku's hair is awful! I HATE it!!! Who did this with my Riku??? O____O
    Bro, you had to say this too, what a lane... '¬¬
    Riku's very very young now, he have lost all the dramatical part he had before this. Berofe, he sound like someone very smart and serious, but now he's looks younger than Sora. T_T
    #disappointed

7. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

New look looks good, I'll be honest im glad i really don't have to see much on KH1 outfits, and yea looks very similar to it, im just glad its a somewat change. Looks good i don't mind the haircut either.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I can actually see what you are saying, as I did love his KH2 hair. However, it did seem like it reaaaaaaaalllly needed a cut xD Since it was long to show the passage of time, it does make him look a lot younger though, I wish they hadn't made it so short but to be honest I'm not too fused, it goes well with his outfit.

9. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I like Riku's new look, but it isn't as good as his KHII appearance. His haircut suits his new appearance.

I like change. =]

10. Omancer Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, I really am bummed that they decided to cut his hair. I personally loved the way his long hair looked. It added so much to his character, showed how much he had aged and everything he went through in those years.

Now he looks a lot younger, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I preferred the more mature/rugged look for him. :/

11. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Hm. Ive always been a Riku fan, thought he was badass, and as a girl, did find him quite cute in the first two games for a fictional character haha. In KH2 I was like woah o.o hot lol. But now ?! Oh my gosh I LOVE his hair!! Love love love it!!! It looks great, it's something new(: I can't wait to play the game. I can see why people wouldn't like it too much, but I for one love it(:

12. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

What happened to the long hair riku had?

13. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

I heard from a friend that the designer Simply wanted to give him a newer, I guess "fresher" sort of look for the new game(s ?). I am not sure ^^' I like it either way!

14. Spike H E R O

I think they were going for a more childish look for the game, hence why they're in their younger forms. The shorter hair adds on to the boyish look.

Also: Nintendo

15. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Good point sir or ma'am!

His hair really doesn't look that different fromthe first KH, but if you take a look at present-Riku (short hair, age 16-17) and compare it to KH2 Riku (age 16) there's a very significant difference. His hair looks a lot like his childhood haircut. Which brings us back to the point you made^

16. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm... I agree with all of you in the shorter hair = boyish look, but I liked his hair longer better...

Meh, wateve, Riku is still Riku.

17. VII of XIII Moogle Assistant

I quite like the change to Riku's design. It's fresh, and I like fresh. Plus, it's time for Riku to have a bit of a hairstyle change to what he's known for.
    Personally, he looks better this way. Makes him look more modern... Iunno.
    -VII

18. Lexa XIV Moogle Assistant

Shorter hair has always added age for me. I do like how Riku kept the clothes though, never understood the "inflated shoes."

Riku's new look will be something to get used to... When I look at it my brain gets a little confused o.o

19. Jin うごかないで

I think, personally. It's his hair. The clothes, everything is fine. But I was all so used to seeing riku with his long hair (this is ironic because, When i first got into Kingdom hearts, i didn't like riku BECAUSE he had long hair , this was when i was like 10 though.) I'm not saying, I don't like it. it just feels very odd.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

If his hair had gotten any longer, he'd have gone super saiyan.