Riku s Hair

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by benjizz, Mar 30, 2013.

1. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Anyone think Riku should keep is current hairstyle for KH3, i definitely would. I am probably one of the only people who think Riku s hair suits him better short. i must admit it looks a bit dodgy in his Kh2 model but it just takes time to get use to so what do you think?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I don't really mind honestly. I like it both when he has short and long hair.

3. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I liked it better long. With his current model it just seems off.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Personally I prefer the long hair on his KHII model. I think the short hair suits DDD Riku, but it looks a bit awkward on the taller model, imo.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually liked Riku's long hair in KHII, it sort of fit his character and personality. The short hair throws me off and it feels like something needs to be added, if not just a hoodie for him to have on to hide the short hair :P.

6. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I prefer his longer hair although I also like his short hair. The shorter hair only really worked with the younger Riku for the DDD test imo.

7. A Zebra Chaser

In KH3 Riku should have a new haircut in each scene, just to mess with fans

8. 61 No. B

I think it looks dumb now, I don't know why they felt the need to change it.

9. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

They changed it because it Japn apparently people who cut their hair short are trying to forget about their pas like as if they start new and a fres. so this is a symbolysm for Riku trying to forget his dark days as a seeker of darkness

10. Misty gimme kiss

I agree with Benjizz that it has symbolism to it, but I'm not convinced the decision wasn't partially due to hardware restrictions, kind of like removing their capes in Birth by Sleep.

11. 61 No. B

I see. Even still I don't prefer the change.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I DON'T LIKE RIKU'S HAIR BEING SHORTER, BUT LIKE MISTY SAID, IT DOES FIT HIS DDD MODEL. I'M KIND OF HOPING THAT IT'LL GROW BACK OUT BY THE TIME KINGDOM HEARTS III ROLLS AROUND? PROBABLY WISHFUL THINKING.

I THINK ONE OF THE REASONS HIS HAIR WAS GROWN OUT SO LONG BY THE TIME WE SAW HIM IN KINGDOM HEARTS II WAS TO SHOW THE PASSAGE OF TIME BETWEEN CHAIN OF MEMORIES AND THE AFOREMENTIONED. I KNOW THAT IN THE OLD CHINESE CULTURE, CUTTING OFF THEIR BRAIDS WAS SOMETHING LIKE DISOWNING THEIR HOMELAND AND REMOVING THEIR PAST, WHICH IS SIMILAR TO WHAT BENJIZZ SAID.

13. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Really? Would just adding a bit more hair create that much problem to the fps?

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I am the minority that likes shorter hair Riku in DDD than the KH2 version. It could be a bit longer to just under the shoulders like his KH1 version but more matures. The really long hair on him seems to have done more with his time over the years not taking a moment to look after himself and instead focus on taking care of Sora.

But something completely different could work too.

15. Misty gimme kiss

I really don't know, I'm not aware of the hardware limitations of the 3DS nor have I read anything to support my hypothesis, but it seemed like a weird choice to me. It's very possible they did it purely for symbolic reasons.

16. 61 No. B

I wish a small remark could have been slid in somewhere to make that the actual reason, as it is now I'm not convinced they didn't go with the long hair just because it looks cool. Though in the last scene of KH2 he still has the long hair, and we are given the impression that some time has passed from the ending of the events of KH2 to when that scene takes place (at the very least long enough for a haircut), at least that's the feeling I've always gotten.

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Same in the KHBBS secret ending. It's been a year and his hair is still long.

18. 61 No. B

Yeah, I don't mean to read to much into it, it's not really an important detail at all, I guess we are just meant to think that he cut his hair for the occasion in DDD?

19. Misty gimme kiss

He wanted to look presentable for when he passed the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora, at least, dressed for the occasion.

11_Ending_Top[(001226)23-23-12].JPG

20. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

[quote="Beløw, post: 4038733, member: 52199"]Yeah, I don't mean to read to much into it, it's not really an iortant detail at all, I guess we are just meant to think that he cut his hair for the occasion in DDD?[/quote]

Yeah true you gotta admit though he looks badass in that new look in his kh1 model, so it comes to no surprise they stayed with that look.But i still think it has to be about symbolism cause if SE really wanted him to lookk cool just for this game they would have revert him back like they did with Sora.