Kingdom Hearts riku has a heart?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Beucefilous, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

how come riku didnt turn into a heartless when he gave himself to darkness? i thought thats what a heartless was, someone who gave themselves to darkness and lost their heart as a result

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Riku wasn't a heartless, because while his heart was bathed in darkness, it was never really to the point where it was consumed by darkness.

When Ansem possessed him, you could say he was a heartless of sorts, but not exactly. His heart was always playing with darkness, but it never got to the point where heartless turned on him and took his heart.

Or at least, that's what I got out of it.

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

really cause he had a lot more darkness in his heart then the average person and thats how they turn into heartless

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I can't really think of anything else. In a way, he was possessed by a heartless, so there'd really be no need for him to become one. Or that's what I think.

5. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

mabey he did but he reverted like sora. if so wouldnt that leave a nobody?

6. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I'm guessing Riku never turned into a heartless because his heart was strong. The heartless are made when the darkness overcomes a person's heart. It wasn't the darkness that overcame him but Ansem himself that used the darkness to take his body

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is an interesting question. There was a time of coexistance where Riku was able to fight back, but ultimately Ansem SoD took over his body and cast Riku's heart into the Dark Realm. And we end up with the same 'person with no body' result that Sora has. I really wish I could give you a reason but I don't know it.

I do think that there is an answer though. In limited edition copies of KH2:FM+ there was packaged the "Director's Secret Report XIII" which was an interveiw with Nomura. In this he says.
    Since then 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep have been released leaving us with "The period of the King's absence" and "The period of Riku's absence" Odds are one of them will discuss it.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

i think rikus absence is where he was restoring soras memories and turning into ansem

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I've seen a little bit of discussion on this topic, IIRC most people believe he was either reffering to Sora's sleep or his side of KH2. More people think it is Sora's sleep. And it still could be, aside from a few interactions with Xion we didn't get much new info on Riku in that time from Days.

I'm pretty sure the Mickey bit is about the time leading up to the end of KH1. After all that time we still know little about from his end and you know that there has to be a story on how he went from using Yen-Sid Star Seeker to using his own Kingdom Key Dark.

10. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Riku's heart wasn't taken by darkness, it was only covering it. Mickey tells Riku this in a cutscene from the Final mix version, as he has been trying to talk to Riku's heart all this time, but was unable due to the darkness surrounding it. (Mickey is the voice that spoke to Sora in the first game as Mickey can talk to people through their hearts)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtzd7_riku-in-the-darkness_videogames
    Riku knew the risk of overusing darkness and declared he wouldn't be overtaken by it. As the others said the strength of his heart remained as Xehanort's heart took over his body. Xehanort's Heartless then cast his heart out of his own body. Since Xehanort's heartless was merely a heart itself, Riku's didn't turn into a nobody as it had all the elements of life (Body,Soul,and Heart). Since Riku, didn't let the darkness enter his heart when it was sent to the realm of darkness Riku became a walking heart like Sora after being saved by Kairi. Now Riku's heart should have been swallowed by darkness after this, but as he struggled internally with Xehanort's heartless he overcame the darkness covering his heart. But unlike Sora, darkness never entered his heart as when it was sent to the dark realm it was a normal heart with a balance of light and dark. And with his will power, caring for his friends and strength of heart a new false body was created for Riku.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

This is why Riku should have been a heartless.

Now Riku didn't make a nobody because his ody was never without a heart, it simply changed ownership. But he should have made a heartless.

Come to think of it we don't know what hapened to his body. Three options I see are that it was destroyed, it returned to Riku, or it became a nobody.

Heck, maybe he was and Mickey pulled a move similar to Kairi.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Because Riku never gave himself up to the darkness. Only his mind became corrupted, his heart was strong enough to survive for just a bit and then Xehanort's Heartless entered the picture and possessed Riku's heart and body. So I suppose in that sorts, he became a Heartless.

Riku's the character in the game that is made up of light and darkness, so I suppose it makes since.

13. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Right one would think he would, but he didn't. He remained in control of his own heart and overcame the darkness covering it.
    Maybe but honestly this sucks for Riku. Unless he was given a new one by Mickey as you mentioned. But still that would mean Riku's soul was also destroyed and that technically Riku is dead.
    This is most likely the answer just because it makes everything simpler.
    Well that brings up even more questions. Such as how a nobody could be born in this manner, as Riku didn't become a heartless. Where was this nobody and why wasn't it in Organization 13? It would also seem unfair to Riku to allow both his best friends to be reunited with their nobodies and not him.
    Very possible, considering Mickey told Mickey he would be his light or something along those lines in CoM

14. Saxima [screams geometrically]

That would be all dandy if Riku would have lost his heart, but he didn't. At all. Otherwise he would have become a Heartless, just like Sora.

15. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

is it possible that he just hasn't been introduced to the series yet? or it might be a dusk?

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Not necessarily... when Ansem takes over Riku's body he tells Sora, "Your voice can no longer reach him where he is..." That didn't mean his heart had disappeared. If it had Ansem would've blatantly told Sora that his friend had truly fallen to darkness. His heart was just stuck in the Realm of Darkness with Mickey, who is clearly alive and not a Heartless...

No, Riku's will is too strong to not produce a human-Nobody. He didn't turn into a heartless either. Thing is Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) took over his body. A heartless taking over a person's body would kind of make it hard for them to produce a heartless of their own...

I guess you could say that, in a sense, Xehanort's Heartless is like Riku's Heartless...

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

That's what I was saying. Riku didn't lose his heart. Ansem SoD had just taken him over and Riku had lost control over his body, not his heart.

18. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe, but why hasn't it done anything? It might even be able to use the Keyblade, which would mean the Organization would be very interested in them. But still the point remains that Riku never lost his heart to darkness which means he shouldn't have spawned a nobody.
    Well Riku's heart is pretty strong so it's unlikely.

19. Cryoshell Traverse Town Homebody

I think the reason Riku never became a heartless was because he gave himself to darkness willingly, rather then being dragged in by the Heartless. If the heartless forced him into darkness, then he mighta lost his heart. But he took it in of his own volition, and he manged to tame it to some degree, up to Ansem's possession of his body.

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It isn't about "losing control," when Sora became a heartless it was very intentional, and arguably the most strong and light filled his heart has been to date.

Really I can't tell you how a pureblood heartless is born and that is part of the problem here. It happens when the heart leaves the body -which Riku's did- if the heart has darkness -which Riku's obviously does. If that is all then a heartless was certainly born. If it isn't then the question becomes what else is needed?