Ricin letters rattle Washington

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Patman, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Patman Bof

Source : http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politics/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

2. Sara Tea Drinker

I still remember the Anthrax scare right after 9/11. I was going to college at the time and the "suspect" who everyone still thinks who did it with no evidence did it to teach America a lesson about it's not just terrorism with planes are the biggest threat. I'm not pointing fingers, I'm not blaming anyone for this, but seeing the Boston Marathon bombing, the bomb sent to a sheriff in Arizona on Thursday and two ricin cases (another was sent to Obama, he didn't open it. It's on CNN also.) It seems like too strong a coincidence.

Hell, I live about three miles from one of the Bush's summer compounds and I heard a plane fly by so low I saw it's silhouette and it scared the **** out of me that something was about to happen.

It's scary times, and God help us all.

3. Patman Bof

Well, suspicious timing isn' t exactly proof of anything, I wonder if those letters were actually saying anything ...

But anyway, in the absence of a culprit or a professed motivation, these sort of actions strike me as that of a bored kid kicking an ant farm just to watch the ensuing panic. Well, except both events are fairly low-tech and low-scale. Of all the things that could possibly kill you in the US terrorist attacks still aren' t amongst the likeliest, not even remotely, so I wouldn' t waste my time getting paranoid over this.

4. Sara Tea Drinker

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

If you're at all curious on just how effective Ricin is as a toxin...

Source

There's also currently no known cure. And if you are infected with it, the symptoms aren't terribly pleasant to endure. Doctors can only treat the symptoms which are listed in my source of information.

I'm not terribly sure of the connection to the Mississippi Senator or why he was chosen to receive this letter in addition to the President.