Revolution of Rivelle

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Glen, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Well then. Apparently they had come all this way to find some guy that Vex actually didn't seem to know all that well, and then just kinda released him. Based on the promise that they'd see him in a few days in a hidden village that may or may not exist. Lovely. Regardless, standing around deep in the Kings dungeons probably wasn't a good idea, so Alec figured it would be best to follow after the other three.
    A slight tap on his shoulder and a shifting of position alerted him to Koko's need to tell him something. He slowed down, falling back far enough way from everyone else so that they wouldn't hear the little cat talking.
    “What's up?”
    Koko leaned in towards his ear and whispered. “What are you going to do about the girl that's following us?”
    Alec merely shrugged. “Nothing. She's not our problem, it's Vex and that other guy from the cell that need to worry about people following them. If it's really us she's after, we can easily deal with her.”
    “So you're not going to tell them?”
    “Nah.”

After a few moments of silent following, Alec spoke out again, this time addressing Vex. There were a few things he felt should be answered.
    “So, Vex, that guy we just saved, you don't know him, do you? In fact, it seems that it was somewhat of a whim that led you to bust his ass out of here.” He then added in a more serious tone. “A whim that left several guardsmen dead. So, Vex, how do you justify ending those lives like that? Or do you just like fighting?”
    There was no anger or accusation in Alec's voice. It was all said in a neutral, questioning manner, and Alec really did want to understand Vex's motives, whatever they may be.

2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Sara's pov:
    Sara banner.png

She been follow this man for some time. She was starting to get bord. Vex had said much from what she could tell she had to stay behind everyone. She had to see to see what they were up to. The man seemed to slow for no reason what so ever. Then she saw it a cat head popping out of the man's shirt. The Cat seemed to be talking to the man or the man was talking to it probably the the latter. Was she seeing thing or was it something else? If anything the Cat was aware of what was going on. So this man had a cat with some sort of intelligence. This man was of something. What other secrets did this man have? She decided that she would have to talk to this man. How would she do it without being seen? Soon the group decide that they would be heading out. She went back around the way that she had cam from and went down one of the branching tunnels that they pasted n the way in. Wile she waited for the group to pass her she pulled out a piece of paper a wrote a simple message on it. Soon everyone was walking past her without noticing her. The man walked past her that she been following and Without being seen by anyone she planted the note on the man and continued to follow the group. Somehow the man would find the note. Now it was a matter of time. She did not think the man would talk to her now. If anything he would wait for the right moment. She was now behind everyone again.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Caleb followed Gaius and Sasha quietly. He hadn't heard much about the Happy Mountains, only that they were thought of as a hideaway for mercenaries. "Why would somebody go to the happy mountains? People say it's a dangerous place, full of deadly creatures around it and even deadlier people inside...why would one of the king's noblemen go there?" he questioned.

[​IMG]
    Gaius shrugged his shoulders at Caleb's question. "Dunno, the king never said the guy was a nobleman. He just said he's someone that can help us. Who knows, maybe he's a mercenary or something? What do you think, Sasha?" the boy asked, arms folded behind his head as he walked. He knew even less of the Happy Mountains than Caleb did, but that wasn't going to cause him to turn around and head back; not when his one chance to find his mother was on the line.

The king sighed, a little dissappointed in Scott. He had just told him to go to each of the towns, and now he was asking which one to go to? Had he not heard a word he had said? "All of them, Scott. If not to find the cause of the rebellion, then to reassure them that the king has not abandoned them. The people need to know that there is no need for a rebellion. In each town there is a governor. Talk to them, find out what they know, then move onto the next town. Once you have done this, please return to me as soon as you are able. This is a very important task, Scott; the fate of Rivelle could very well depend on you" he said, concerned.

[​IMG]
    Oscar couldn't find the words to speak to Samuel. He hadn't meant to tell him just yet, he was trying to find a better time to explain the situation. Damn that mind reader, damn him to hell! He didn't have much of a choice. He held out his hand and summoned a mask. "This. This is what happened, Samuel. This mask is the most powerful one I have. The day I found it was the day everything died. It is my fault they're gone. This mask gives whoever uses it incredible power, it increases just about everything about them; strength, speed, endurance, you name it. It also gives them immunity to fire, and the ability to summon flaming demons from hell itself. It also saps away at their sanity, causing them to lose control while using it. The mask makes them nigh unstoppable, but nobody...not even the ones they care about..are safe while it's around" Oscar stated, looking to Samuel for a hint of hope that his brother would stay by his side still, but how could he? Why would he? He knew now, he knew that the reasons people were after them were true. While Oscar hadn't intended on killing anyone, he had still done it.
    [​IMG]
    A thin smile appeared on Vex's face, more of a smirk really, as he was questioned on his reasoning. "If you're going to wonder about my reasons for doing things, then you're going to be wondering a lot. People die everyday. Whether it be from battle, famine, or some other cause, plenty of people leave the world of the living every minute. If they die here, protecting someone they think is good, good for them. Remember, this revolution is to put a better king in place, a king who will do whatever it takes to ensure the people are safer, rather than the bumbling fool that sits on his fat rear right now" Vex stated. He began walking out of the dungeon, but stopped after just a couple of steps.

"As for why I freed him....well, he claimed to be the one to start the revolution. I might be a murderer, and I barely know the guy, but I repay my debts. He also has an unusual gift, one that cancels magic in his vicinity. That could come in hand when going against the king, couldn't it? He's outlawed magic, but if you knew of a super powerful weapon but was against using it, would you completely erase all traces of it..or would you keep it around on the off-chance you need it? In either case, we should regroup. Two days from now, so we can make preperations before he arrives. Find something to do until then. Get drunk, kill some people, train, do whatever, it doesn't bother me" the man said, wandering off towards the exit.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Xera simply nodded at the rest of the group and turned around to follow Vex. He said that they would regroup in a couple days. However she had no where better to go besides continuing on with Vex. He should be used to her going with him. She hated spending time alone and refused to go back home for now. She wouldn't go back to her dad eve for two days and if she wasn't home then she was with Vex, following him and doing what he told her to do. Not a classy life but it was what she could get.

[​IMG]
    Sasha has stayed relatively quiet until they asked about why one of the kings men was at the happy mountains."Stephen is no a normal knight, he is not a guard and not one to be held down to one location. Due to his nature, the happy mountains are not that weird of a place to find him." Sasha informed the two men as she went back to silence.

They had walked a little way further in silence before she noticed the sun going down and that they had yet to eat. "May I suggest we settle here and I will make us some food." Sasha said quietly as she stopped at a spot of green grass. Sasha proceeded to collect sticks and build a fire. Soon after she had food out and was cooking for them in complete silence.

[​IMG]
    "No... Why? WHY WOULD YOU JUST PUT THAT ON?! A STRANGE MASK APPEARS AND YOU USE IT, IN THE TOWN? WHERE IS YOUR COMMON SENSE! YOU KILLED THEM ALL, YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME! WHY? WHY WERE YOU SO DUMB?" Tears were streaming down his face. He looked at his face with a look of horror on his face as he backed off. He looked at Stephen and shook his head. "How, can you help us.... we need what we can take. I might not be happy with him but I can't go out on my own." He admitted still extremely upset.

5. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Alec watched after Vex's retreating back thoughtfully for a few moments. Shall I join is revolt, or shall I not? I'm not so sure yet. Suddenly turning to walk in the opposite direction, Alec set off. “See ya Kari,” he called over to the other girl.
    He trudged through Corvus casually, with a destination in mind and not pausing to look in any stores as someone out for a mere stroll would, but still taking his time. He wasn't exactly in a rush anyway. Regardless, it didn't take long before he arrived back at the abandoned house he had set up in. His Shadows should be back by now, he noted. As he fumbled with the front door, he glanced casually down the street he had just come along. There wasn't anything in particular that caught his eye.

“Is our little follower still there,” he asked Koko quietly. The cat meowed, in a tone that Alec understood meant 'yes'. “Interesting,” he muttered. Opening the door, he tapped his foot softly on the floor three times, before quickly ascending up the stairs to one of the larger rooms there. Inside were two of his Shadows, examining him with curious looks.
    “Brought a friend, have you?” one of them asked.
    “Sloth, Lust, I trust the other two are around as well?” Alec asked them. They nodded in response. “Good, then I'm they'll all join us soon.” He took a seat on a wrecked couch, sitting directly across from the door. Now to wait.

Sitting as his desk, Franco was tapping his fingers against it impatiently. He needed to do something. In fact, he a lot of things to do. But right now only a select few could be carried out. Which ones he chose would determine many things, some of which were undoubtedly of more consequence than the others, and yet it was so hard sometimes to figure out which ones those were. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Tap Tap. SLAM.
    Franco stood up suddenly, causing his chair to fall. A flurry of papers followed his rapid exit of the room, and soon it was left in a silent disarray. Not that Franco noticed any of this. He was already racing down the stairs, heading for the stables.
    “Kyle!” he called out. “We're going to Corvus! On your horse, quickly!”
    Assuming that Kyle had heard him, because it didn't occur to him that Kyle might not be in the house, or asleep, or just out of earshot, Franco had already arrived in the stable yard and was calling for his horse. “I must make haste!” he called out impatiently to the stable boy. “Make it quick and I'll see that you're recompensed for it!”

6. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Sara's pov:

Sara banner.png

The group was now gone. She followed the man when he went it a house. Well there goes that plan. Hopefully he would see the letter she put on him. She then disappeared into the shadows. She got the feeling that the person somehow saw her put the letter on him or the cat that was with him did. It did not matter she would soon have another plan. There was not much else to do.

Scott's pov:

Scott baner.png

He looked at the king going to go to every town was going to take awhile. He gave a simple nod. The next thing to do would be to find someone that would go with him. "One last thing before I go. Do you know of anyone that would be willing to come with me on this quest?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.