Revolution of Rivelle

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Glen, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Alec calmly listened to Kari's demands that he leave. A bit of a fool this one, considering that he had told her he knew that they were part of a revolution. He could have been one of the King's men, and she seemed to think that it was perfectly safe to let him go free. No, what she should have done was kill him.
    Vex though, he seemed to disapprove of Kari's words, judging by the glare he shot her. In fact, the way he responded to Alec and his body language seemed to indicate that Alec was at the very least welcome to tag along. So be it.

He stepped forward to pass by Kari.
    “This is my business, although you didn't know it till now,” he told her in a bored tone. “For now, I'm just here to watch. I want to see what kind of revolution you plan to create.”
    He left the girl behind, following after Vex. The man had already kicked down a door and charged a few guards, closely followed by his other companion, Xera. Alec decided this meant that Vex was one to take things head on and in a simple manner, and that Xera was inclined to follow him with little questioning. Granted, perhaps this wasn't a fair appraisal of the latter, seeing as her friend had started this fracas without her input.
    Alec leaned against the splintered door-frame, observing the fight inside. He wasn't ready to fight just yet. Not yet for Vex or the rebellion he planned.

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Kari watched Alec brush past her with a look of surprise on her face. I can't believe this guy! Scowling, she followed Vex inside. He didn't look to happy with her either judging by the expression. She felt a pang of shame and embarrassment at that. I've made myself a fool in front of him. How am I supposed to make him like me enough to be something in this revolution of his if I make myself look like an idiot. And that ******* who just showed up didn't help much. Who does he think he is anyway? Fuming, she stalked in after everyone else. They were faced by a set of guards as they entered the next room. She drew out her axe and charged at them. They picked the wrong time to show up. She was in a very, very bad mood. Her berserker charge surprised the man she selected and he only just managed to parry the incredibly unbalanced strike. She twisted, fast as a whip and redirected her momentum into another wild, savage swing at the guard who dared fight her. She heard a grunt and saw a little blood spray from a slice across his left arm. You don't show your pain do you? He struck at her, bringing his sword around but it was her turn to catch the strike on her weapon, batting it aside and slamming the wooden handle of her axe into his chin. There was a crack, and she realised that she may well have broke the bone. He won't live long enough to suffer much. The man brought his hand up to his mouth and felt the blood, only for him to fall to one knee as she hewed at the back of his left leg.
    "Die." She said, bringing the axe down on his neck like an executioner. The man slumped to the floor, a pool of his blood growing and spreading across the floor. She looked around the room for a new victim, axe in both hands.

[​IMG]

Kyle was glad for the rest. His dorm room was comfortable, it had all the amenities one could want. As he lay back on the bed he closed his eyes and started to think for a while about things. About where he was, his position. About his family and what they'd be thinking when they found out what he'd done for them. About his future career too, and more about his enigmatic employer. Lord Franco Bertram. As he reflected on the man, it occurred to him how little he truly knew about the man. Even though he was well known enough for Kyle to find him, he was still a somewhat distant figure. Most nobles wore their identity on the cuff from what he could tell, but Franco was a man of secrets. At least my job is going to be interesting. I'm going to learn more about this man, what his secrets are. And then I'll guard them to the end of my days I suppose. He lay there, musing on the turn his life had taken for a few more minutes before rising to his feet and looking to the desk next to his bed. He saw an envelope on there, addressed to him. He pulled a chair over and looked at it. He winced. Ian Strive was asking if he would accept employment. There was no question about it- He couldn't take the job. He hunted around for some good paper and an inkwell and quill. Having located them, he composed a response.

Dear Lord Ian Strive,

I apologise, but I cannot accept this offer of work. I have already found employment under Lord Franco Bertram. Thank you for your consideration, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Kyle Ryogi

With his letter completed, he sealed it and asked around for the right place to go to send it. He eventually made it, handing in the letter to be sent with haste to the Strives. He returned to his room and took a seat at the desk again. He wasn't sure what to do with himself now. Wait, he supposed.

[​IMG]

Elyas had been travelling for a long time. It was a long ride there, but regardless he had made good time. As he rode through the city gates, he smiled. Now we're back on my turf. You're a brave man Vex, to be so brazen. I wonder, do you plan to do anything here, or is this just a stop? It would certainly make an impression if you were going to start your rebellion here. Elyas wasted no time in getting started. He had to make up for lost time. He was behind Vex and he'd need to move fast if he was going to get back on the trail and catch up. He needed to implant himself into Vex's group early on so he could get a position of respect within the group. After all, he needed to be able to see or hear Vex's plans and possibly even be able to be close to the man so he could kill him later. However, that didn't matter quite yet. He had to find Vex before any of that really mattered.

His investigation first sent him to the tavern where the bar fight had happened. He asked for important disturbances and came across someone who was there at the time, and someone who matched Vex's description perfectly. He smiled. That was a start. He looked at the state of affairs, and things did seem quite a mess. More so than taverns got when there was a bar fight. There was a disproportionate amount of blood on the ground. It fitted Vex's style well enough. Messy, and a little crude. It also matched the style of another potential threat that he had heard of. Someone that recently murdered a nobleman in his own home. A girl by the sounds of it. The room had her bloody minded attitude painted on it. Even if the Vex sighting was false, then he may have a lead on another similar criminal. With that as a start, Elyas started to question the bartender for hints, and once he was exhausted he'd have to ask a few people. Maybe he'd have to talk to some of his contacts on the wrong side of the law. Maybe they'd have a lead on what happened.

3. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Scott's pov:

Scott baner.png

He continued to look around the caste for someone to ask so questions. Everyone he walked up to walked away quickly. He had to say that anyone wanting to kill the king would have a easy time getting in and around in the castle. Finding the king and killing him was a whole another madder. I mean come on how hard is it to find one person. I should have found the king by now he thought. Maybe it was a impossibility. Perhaps the king was in another castle. He would continue to look around for a bit longer, but he did not think he would find anything. The castle was so large, no wonder the killing the king might just be that rumors. At far as he could see there was no way anyway anyone could find him. The moment that someone would try and kill the king he would be gone. Then the chances of asking him question went out the window. Were are you king??? What was the kings name? The only thing he ever heard the king referred to was king. Just another question on top of the many he had.

Sara's pov:

Sara banner.png

She stood there, watching, Alec, Kari, Vex, and Xera. Kari and the person who she has been following for some time started talking. By the looks of it Kari got angry quite easy. The other man that was standing there seemed to not like what the girl was saying. Now most of them went into the tunnel the only person left was a girl. What is she doing here? What are they doing here? There were a lot of them. What are you doing? She moved closer to get a better look. She looked down the tunnel. It seemed to go on kind of far. She looked at Kari, the girl that was left. Get moving she thought, I do not want them to know that I am here yet. Information is the key. Then she left into the tunnel. Ok good she thought. With that she went in to the tunnel a minute after. At the end of a tunnel was a large room and from the sounds of it fighting was inside. oh no not another fight. Maybe I will get lucky and not get hurt. She just stood by watching. Unknown to her she was stand right by Alec the person she been following for some time. Were you go? She was trying to keep her distance from the fight for now.

??? unknown pov:

Gus Human baner.png

He was still on his way to Corvus and should get there any moment. Why did he have to pick such as slow horse? Well no madder he would get there soon. A few minutes later he got too Corvus. He found out there was a fight at a bar not far away. Perhaps I should start looking there he thought. So he headed off to the bar. He wondered what he would find. A bar fight. How interesting. It probably only meant one thing, fighting over something pointless. That said bar fights were pretty much nonexistent were he came from. What were you fighting over? He continued his way to the bar.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Sasha walked through the streets with Quinn a man came running up to them proclaiming he had a letter for the king from Duke Strive. "I can bring it to the castle for you. I must return to help in the kitchen a bit before dinner." She said to the page boy. Sending him off she turned to her prince. "I must apologize your highness but I must take my leave, I have other jobs I must attend to around the castle." She knelt at his feet as she spoke before turning to leave and deliver the letter to the king.

It wasn't a long walk back to the castle. When she arrived she went towards the throne room. Sasha knocked on the door before entering, stopping midway between the door and the throne and dropping down to her knee in a boy. With her face down and still kneeling she spoke.
    "Your Majesty, I have a letter from the Duke for you." She stated. She would stay bowed and not looking at the king until instructed other wise, as was custom for a servant among royalty.

[​IMG]
    The town was on fire, screams filled in and monsters of sorts attacked. Samuel didn't know for sure what was going on but he was stuck frozen in the door to his home, so much going on around him but more so so much going on in his mind. Everyone in this town he knew he watched exactly how they died or got terribly hurt, one after another. He was one of the few around with magic, and his particular magic was a curse meant to hurt him. But why? What had he done to deserve this? Why him? A crash was head from behind as the back door was bashed down, and then his mothers screams to run, to get out of there, to find his brother. He could barely make his legs function, he knew he was running but he couldn't feel his legs running. a minute later the image of his mothers death flashed before his eyes, but he couldn't turn back he had to get out of there. A large flag poll fell in his path and-

Samuel awoke in a sweat. A similar dream he had had many times before. It was in part the reason he was so low on sleep right now, it wasn't all just them running and not having time to sleep. That nightmare, that vision of the past was nothing new to Samuel. It had played in his mind may times, enough that you would think it wouldn't bother him as much anymore, but it still did. With that memory in his mind there was no way he could catch anymore sleep. Samuel forced himself out of bed, seeing his brother was not in the hut he walked outside still looking tired to see his brother.
    "You couldn't sleep?" He asked already knowing the answer was obvious.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Precious had admitted to bringing the girl here himself, there was no need to look any farther, she was his responsibility then. Apparently she had been with the man responsible for a rebellion. Well that was an interesting turn of events. "Why would you bring her to my home if there was even a chance of her being dangerous, especially in the state my daughter is in. You are aware why we moved away from the castle are you not? In future please try to refrain from bringing extra guests into my home when you can help it, Thea is easily set off and those unaware can be in great danger." Ian explained before they got around to leaving Balthars room.

As they stepped out he noticed the extreme heat. Was this Thea''s doing? It was possible, or that was what he thought until realized it was coming from outside his home. As they stepped outside to see the ground had opened up and their was Lava. Apparently Precious had failed to take appropriate measures. Whether he doubted if the guy he had imprisoned was telling the truth or not he should have had a fail safe so things like this didn't happen. Ian ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to think what to do next. Things were not looking good at this point.
    "I have no way of getting a message across, there is no way of yelling, Thea is the only one with magic and that won't help, especially when she can't control it. The only option would be someone on the outside finding a way to build a crossing, unless you have a better suggestion." The Duke said turning his back to the lava and shedding his outer cloak due to the heat.

At least Precious could do something useful and weaken the girls magic which caused her to fall asleep. He offered to do the same for Thea as well. Normally he would decline because he needed Thea to learn her own control, but given the situation he couldn't just sit there and let her be alone in this situation. Everything was going wrong, they were in danger and Thea was still in a dangerous state. These things didn't vote well for them.
    "Come, Thea is in her room. Do what you must so I can keep her safe." Ian said with a sigh. Everything was going wrong today. "Once I make sure my daughter is safe we will devise a plan on how to contact your guards to bring the man to us." He picked up the now sleeping girl and headed for the house. "By the way this girl is under your care now."

[​IMG]
    With three guards down there was only one left, the one that she had pushed back earlier. He looked frightened ready to flee, but she was not going to allow that. A smirk tugged the edge of her lips as she licked dripping blood off her blade. With that she charged at the guard and before he could take more than three steps away from them she jumped at him grabbing onto his back and stabbing her sword into his side. He let out a scream of pain. "Oh shut up would you?" She slit his throat and jumped back from him. "Well that takes care of that." She said licking more blood from her sword before licking her lips. She then bent down and rummaged through the guards clothing for money, or anything of value as well as cleaning her sword on their clothes. "So shall we move forward then?" Xera asked in an abnormally innocent voice.

5. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]

Problem children everywhere! That was all he could think of. "I did leave her for one of my men to put her into a prison, however she escaped him. Now I see why. I'll handle her for now. Let us go." He followed behind Strive and went to Thea's room. He used his magic to weaken her as well so no more interference would go on.

"There. Now you should be able to spend some time with your daughter. I don't want to tell you how to be a father but locking a princess in a tower in a castle just doesn't seem too brilliant. A good father should always take care of their children, even if they are a threat to them. When was the last time you actually gave her a hug?" He finished those statements and left the room to go back to the lava moat.

He stood there trying to think of a way across. Even if that man who canceled magic was here, this moat wouldn't go away. Perhaps if those young devils had more control they could get over easily. Thea could use her fire like a rocket and the other girl could do something with the earth beneath her.

"What good is saboteur magic if it cant even let you cross a large gaping whole filled with excessive heat, oh that sounds good right about now. No! I must not think about such wondrous things. If only there were a long, pointy, thick tree branch-" Oh and there just so happened to be one right there. That was a huge tree that was on the other side. This was one of those situations where if he screwed up, he would be dead.

Precious grabbed his whip and lashed it over to the tree branch. Like a whip from a Zelda game, he swung across the moat of lava and landed firmly on the ground. "Oh usually I am the one who enjoy putting other people in danger over burning rocks. No matter."

Knights came running to him. He realized he forgot the girl and decided it would be best to leave her with Strive for
    now. "Listen men, there is a man locked in the prison of the king's castle. You must rush over and bring him here. He will be able to eliminate any sort of magic. This is an act of magic and should be suppressed in theory." He then sighed and looked at the moat, "And someone bring me a towel." He said in a charming voice.

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Quinn nodded as Sasha walked away from him. He was now left walking the city alone. He didn't really know what to do with himself. He simply walked aimlessly, letting his mind wander. Eventually, he was snapped back into reality by bumping into a rather large looking man. "Watch where you're goin- Hey...Don't i know you from somewhere?" Quinn glared at the man. He had the look of a mercenary. Big, burly, bald, scars everywhere, eyepatch. He was textbook thug. "I don't know who you are...But lookin' at you just seems to piss me off."

"Really? Seems to me i got the raw end of the deal as far as the view goes." The prince retorted.

"What did you say to me?! You don't have any idea who you're screwin' around with, do you kid?"

"Happy mountains?"

"...Lucky guess."

And suddenly, Quinn was surrounded by thugs. Well, this was bad. A fight was unavoidable, and with the difference in numbers, there was no way he could come out on top. He was just glad Sasha had left earlier. He didn't want her getting caught up in this. With a **** eating grin, he readied himself. He'd go down fighting.

Or at least he would if he hadn't spontaneously combusted and died. Well. That was odd.

Balthar would have recovered, but precious was being a dumbass and trying to debuff his injuries. Balthar's last thoughts before he died were "wait...what?"

7. Glen Returned from the dead

The king looked at the book that the servant had brought back. His eyes scanned the first couple of pages, before he closed the small book and gave it to Gaius.
    [​IMG]
    The young mage took the book in his hand. Opening it, he expected some boring list of information, but his eyes widened when he recognised his mother's handwriting. It was a journal entry from her.

"Dragons are the origins of magic. Centuries ago, mankind was nothing but a joke to the great beasts. They tore down kings with talons far sharper than any blade that has been forged, they destroyed entire civilizations with so much as a single gust of wind from a mighty wingbeat, and there was precious little that could be done to stop them if they desired something done.

Naturally, the people did not like this, and sent many armies after them. However, when wives heard of their husbands going to battle a dragon, that was when they began grieving, for they knew that their husbands would not return alive. With scales harder than the walls of even Castle Corvus, no weapon could hope to slay the beast. That was, until the Griffin brothers.

Stefan Griffin was no noble, he was no knight, he was simply a man who knew far too much loss. They say he had witnessed his entire village be disintegrated before his very eyes, watched all his friends and most of his family die there and then, all but one. His brother, Gawain, was the only survivor aside from Stefan. These two, knowing no fortune or any sense of joy and therefore with nothing to lose except their own lives, set out to kill the monster that had ruined them.

Atop the nearby mountain, Gazick mountain, lay the dragon that had destroyed their homes, and soon after it found that the only survivors from there had come to be finished off, or so it thought. There was a mighty battle, with both of the warriors fighting with a ferocity that the dragon itself had never witnessed before. Hiding amongst the treasures it had hoarded and using many of the fallen weapons hidden there against the beast, both men fought like wildmen until one of the brothers fell.
    Stefan was swallowed whole by the beast, and while his brother, Gawain, attempted to free his brother or what little remained of him, his strikes bounced off harmlessly from the lizard's scales. When what little hope he had had left was gone, he simply sat there and waited for the end, but in the dragon's desperation it had forgotten one thing; Stefan had not been killed, merely swallowed and burning within the furnace known as the inside of the dragon. From within, the dragon was cut, it's flesh being no harder to cut than if it had been made of silk, and within minutes the inside of the beast had been torn apart, and its heart had been left vulnerable.

His brother alive, Gawain rushed forward with newfound energy and plunged his blade into the dragon's heart, ending it instantaneously and felling the first dragon to fall to men. The first of many. To prove himself as the true victor and believing himself to have defeated even death itself, Stefan ate the dragon's heart, and it was at this moment he burst into flames, unable to handle the power it contained within.

His brother, now being the last true survivor of his village and bloodline, simply stayed there for a moment, covered in the blood of the dragon he had defeated and not knowing anything but sorrow, could not move, and he remained there the rest of that night. When he awoke, he found himself to be much stronger than other people, strong enough to lift things much bigger than himself, and had no idea why. After many nights of restless sleep, over both his newfound strength and loss of his brother, he came to realize it was because of the dragon's blood that he had this power, and he began a long series of dragon slayings, getting stronger with each sucessful kill.
    As strong as he had become, however, Gawain was not a god, and he eventually grew old and weak. He had found a wife about twenty years before his death and married her, giving birth to three sons and two daughters. These five children had the blood of the dragon inside of them, and soon developed their own powers shortly before Gawain passed away. One could project fire from his fingertips, another could change his fingernails into dragon claws, the third had dragon wings and the ability to fly with them, the fourth had skin harder than the dragons scales themself, and only the fifth showed no signs of any magic, but remained far wiser and more intelligent than any of her siblings. These five, too, eventually married and had children of their own, passing down the dragon's blood along their bloodline, and thus the magic continued developing and appearing in others everywhere."

~Samantha Ryan, head researcher at HOTA (History Of The Ages)

Gaius closed the book after reading it. He wasn't sure what to make of the text or what it meant. In fact, he wasn't even aware that's what his mother had been doing for the king, but he knew now. Looking up slowly from it, his eyes met the king's. "What does it mean though?" he asked.

"Well, Gaius, what it means is that your mother was studying how magic was created. That should be obvious enough. Although there aren't any more reports we have from her...or at least none that are here. Magic is a dangerous thing, Gaius. It has started and ended many wars, and cost even more lives. To get involved with it is certain death. If you wish to know more, I think I know how to help. There is a man that goes by-" the king started, just before Sasha arrived.

He read through the letter that he received, his look changing from one of interest to that of confusion, and then worry. If the trust with the people had been shattered, something would have to be done to repair it. Perhaps he himself should visit there, but so soon after an incident like that would cause suspicion. No, it would have to wait. Not for too long, but a couple of weeks. "There's no need to kneel, Sasha. Thank you for delivering this letter. It appears there was an incident involving Thea, a very serious incident. Something will be done about it, but right now I have another task for you. I'm sorry to do this to you, the gods know you of all people need a rest. This isn't an order, this is a request; you are more than welcome to say no should you desire not to do it. This man here is Gaius Ryan. I'm not sure if you remember, but his mother used to work here doing reports for us, and some seem to be missing. He needs to meet Stephen Castra, but Stephen was seen last going towards the Happy Mountains. If Gaius is anywhere near as resourceful as his mother he should have no problems getting there, but just in case I would like you to accompany him; at least until he meets Stephen. Is that okay with you?" the king asked.

[​IMG]
    Oscar hadn't gotten any sleep whatsoever. He had been alert the entire time, keeping watch to protect them. He hadn't enjoyed the watch, not at all. He had spent the entire time thinking about his past and more importantly his involvement with the death of their town, their family. They weren't pleasant thoughts. As Samuel came out, Oscar didn't even turn to look at him. He couldn't look his brother in the eyes right then, how could he when he knew very well he had indirectly made his brother suffer? "Nah. Didn't trust the guys here. Tom was looking for us about fifteen minutes ago. Said he had someone we needed to meet, but I told him I'd wait until you were up. Feel like going to see what he wanted?" he asked.

[​IMG]
    As the last guard went down, Vex began looking around. He didn't find anything of interest really, there was a bunch of uneaten food that the guards had planned to have later, but that was the most interesting. Until he found the keys, that was. A metal ring with keys around it. There were three keys on it in total. One for the door they'd just come through, one for the door at the other end of the room, and the third was anyone's guess. He used one of the keys to open the door at the other end of the room before motioning for others to follow.

The room lead into a long, narrow hallway. It stretched for quite the distance, and had doors lining the walls on both sides. There were ten doors in total, 5 on the left and 5 on the right. Finding which one had Eldridge in it would be difficult though; they hadn't heard his voice enough to be used to it, and the cells were for the worst criminals in the kingdom. If they got the cell with Eldridge, that was great, if not then they'd be releasing a threat and would have to face it there and then. At least they knew what the third key was for now. "Alright, I guess we should start with door number 1" he said, walking to the first door on his left and putting the key in before unlocking the door and pulling it open.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha stood up at the kings demand. She stared him straight in the face as he talked about a serious incident with Thea. Sasha remembered helping take care of the baby and her mother when they lived in the castle, but that was quite some time ago, she herself was only ten years of age at the time. Sasha worried for the young girls safety as the king spoke, he seemed worried himself. However he then requested another thing of her.

"Yes your majesty, I will accompany him." Sasha bowed to the king slightly with her response. A break would be nice but that was not in her job description. She was kind of happy to be allowed out of the castle. It wasn't that she was never allowed out it was more so that she didn't have time to do much besides the occasional trip into town to buy something for the royal family. She turned to Gaius feeling this was an appropriate time for her to introduce herself. "My name is Sasha Terence. I knew your mother when she worked here, she was always kind to me. Now if you would please excuse me I must prepare the provisions for our journey." Sasha turned back to the king. "Your majesty." She said as she bowed once more and took a few steps backwards before turning and leaving the room to go to the kitchen and prepare some food for the trip. If she was going to accompany him she would do what she was expected to do in any other circumstance with the royal family and do the same she did here, just portable.

[​IMG]
    Samuel understood the not trusting anyone here but at the same time it seemed like that was not all there was too it. He wasn't going to pester his brother about it. He would let Oscar tell him whatever was on his mind when he was good and ready to. He didn't particularly feel like sharing all his thoughts with his brother. Some were just too deep for him to bother saying anything, often that was the case. He didn't like to talk about his feels, especially when it came to the reoccurring nightmare.

"Yeah lets go see who this person is. I am not about to get anymore sleep today anyways so may as well." He said not seeming to care to much. He stopped for a moment to get himself back together, put his belt on and all. He wasn't going to leave his weapons behind in a place like this. After sleeping his arm was more numb then anything, but functioning at least. It wouldn't be too much of a problem. "Wonder what is going on that we need to meet someone so bad?" Samuel asked trying to think of what Tom knew of them and why he would think they needed to meet someone.

[​IMG]
    Xera stayed close to Vex as they moved forward taking a set of keys which made getting around a lot easier. Just past the next door they were in the dungeon area. Wow this castle had a bad lay out. Who put the dungeon so close to an escape route, or an in for them as it was. It didn't matter anyhow they needed to start unlocking doors. While Vex used the keys to open door number one she picked the lock of door number two. If there were two people they needed to fight they could do it, easy. She wasn't worried about this too much at all.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thea looked up as her dad and Precious entered the room. "I feel funny." Thea said as Precious used his magic to weaken hers. She didn't quite understand what was going on or why her father was caring a passed out girl, the same girl that he brought out of her room. "Daddy what is going on?" She asked.

Ian set Zita down on Thea's bed and walked over to his daughters side as Precious tired to give him parenting advice. "You don't understand the magic she has Precious, it will go wild with no control and for the next day after that she struggles a lot more to control it and any little thing can set it off. If she was allowed to be wandering around the rest of the house she could hurt someone, not just me and my wife, but our employees or a guest we may have in our home. Until she regains her control over her magic she has to stay away. It is what has to be done." He explained. "I don't keep her locked up." He was annoyed with Precious so it was good when he left.

"Daddy? How is Balthar doing?" Thea asked ignoring the conversation that was just had between Precious and her father. She knew her father was right. She hardly understood the strength of her power but she knew it was dangerous and she knew how she felt like it was impossible to hold it back right after she exploded, but right now she was okay. She couldn't explain why she didn't know what was going on.

Sitting down next to his daughter he took her into his lap and began to answer all her questions starting from the beginning. "Precious has a special kind of magic Thea, for a short period he can weaken others magics, meaning while his magic is in effect on you, you should have control of it. He can help Tame your Fire Heart. But after today you are on your own for that once again, okay? You can't always have someone there for you keeping it under control, you have to keep it under control yourself." He explained to her as he pet her hair and she cuddled closer to him. "Now about Balthar.... He is growing weaker. I am sorry sweetie I don't think he is going to make it. Precious tried to help and he only made things worse." He said quietly.

"N-no. Dad no! I didn't mean too! I didn't want him to die! You have to save him please!" Thea bagged her father. She was crying into his chest not knowing what to do about anything anymore. Balthar was dead. Her powers killed someone. She was dangerous and she was scared what that meant for her. "I don't want to go to jail daddy. Don't make me. I didn't mean to!" She continued to beg.

"I will not send you to jail, it was an accident. I will protect you Thea. You are a Strive. You don't know how to lose, and as such you will tame that fireheart and help people instead of bring destruction. Look at me." Ian lifted his daughters face to look into his eyes. "I love you, and your powers will make you great one day. I promise you they will, you just have to be strong and work at taming that fireheart of yours, okay?" He said kissing his daughters head. "Now how about we get that hamster of yours to cheer you up."

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Dos had a feeling when an explosion was heard, Jackson had worked her magic. After waiting a few minutes more, she made her way to the roof's edge and looked to see no guards following. She jumped down onto an awning and rolled off of it into an alleyway. Her arm hurt like hell, but from the way her bleeding slowed she could tell the other Canna was dealing with it.

When she finished running down the alley, she took a few deep breaths and looked at her arm with the writing on it. She had the vital information her employer required. And now all she had to do was get it to them. When she was almost to the street she heard a guard shouting and she went the other direction.

Canna was still sitting down in the square, she opened up her bag to see the location the employer told her to meet at. She looked at the slip of paper and then closed her eyes to focus more on Dos.

Dos made it to the required street she needed to go and climbed up to the roof. There was a trap door in the roof and she opened it up and jumped down inside. Her employer waited for her with two guards beside him.

The information itself wasn't of importance for her to remember. So she held out her arm and they copied it down. When they were finished, they gave her the reward money and she left. Dos left the roof and hid the money in a spot for Canna to get it, and faded from existence.

Canna opened her eyes, picked up her bag, and ran over to the place she had hidden the money. By the time she had gotten there, she was exhausted and wanted to sit down. She put her money into her bag and casually walked off into the regular streets. She figured she would pay back Jackson the next time she saw her.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Behind door number 2 was in fact a skeleton. The skeleton was stretched out and had its bony hand sitting in between the bars of the cell door, so it was a wonder it hadn't been seen. Door number 1 had a living person though. Or at least, it had been one many years ago. It was a science experiment gone wrong. The man's name hadn't been revealed, but he was simply known as Anthrax after the experiment. He had been a man experimented on, given rat DNA to enhance his capabilities, but he had mutated into a human-sized rat instead. In blind rage, the rat had gone to several towns, murdering people, and had ultimately been captured and taken away, never to be seen again, until now. As the rat leaped at Vex, the man raised his hand and a strong blast of lightning flew into the rat, slamming it into the back of the cell and killing him immediately. Turning around, Vex smirked a little. "Anyone wanna check door number 3?" he asked.

OOC: You guys can detail what's behind the doors, just so you know. You don't have to wait for me for every one of them. If you can't think of what's behind it, message me and I can come up with something but you need to post D:

[​IMG]
    Gaius thanked the king and followed Sasha. Gaius didn't know a hell of a lot about most things, but if there was one topic he was knowledgeable on it was food. Following her into the kitchen. "I know the king already introduced me, but my name's Gaius Ryan. And my friend here is Caleb Stitem" Gaius said, gesturing towards Caleb who simply nodded, said "nice to meet you", and remained quiet for the purpose of this post. He looked at all the food around. "Geeez, so much food in here. How much of it are we allowed to take? It all looks so delicious. I want some of this....and this...oh and some of that too!" the fire mage said, grabbing various things from the shelves and piling it up in his arms.
    "What do you think?" he asked, stopping momentarily as he realized that he hadn't really given her a chance to respond.

[​IMG]
    Oscar shrugged his shoulders at his brother's words. "Not a clue. He doesn't know too much about us, so I can't imagine he would know anyone that could really help us" the boy said, looking at Oscar as he walked towards Tom. He was interrupted and forced to stop walking by a single, muscular finger poking into the side of his face. Staggering back a step, he let out an irritated cry. "The hell did you do that for?!" he yelled out.

"Because you are wrong!" Tom responded proudly. "Tom has indeed found someone to help you. How does Tom know this? Because Tom knows everything, and Tom knows that the man can help anybody" he boomed, explaining his genius intellect.

"Tom should stop referring to himself in the third person before Tom finds himself dead"

"Tom will never stop referring to himself in the third person, how dare you ask him to stop! Anyway, the man has powers. Magic. He can read minds, and he can talk to people in their minds. He tried to read Tom's mind, but Tom was too powerful and the man heard nothing!"

"Yeah, i'm sure that was the reason"

"What is little boy meaning by that? Is he insulting Tom's genius?"

"No, little boy would never dream of that"

"Good, because Tom would find that very offensive! Anyway, here is magic man!" Tom stated, stepping out of the way. Behind them was a man, the telepath known as Stephen Castra.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Yeah I was thinking the same." Samuel said in response to needing to meet someone. They didn't tell anyone much about themselves or really their entire quest, what they wanted to accomplish. So how would Tom know that they needed to meet this fellow. Then again Tom wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch so he could have just made wild assumptions. Either way there was no harm going to meet this man. However Samuel did keep his hands close to his weapons, in easy reach.

Samuel looked confused as Tom poked Oscar and exclaimed that he was wrong. This would be interesting to listen to. As Tom and Oscar spoke Samuel knew better tan to open his mouth, but then again that didn't mean he couldn't just think the things he wanted to say. It hurt him a little inside to listen to Tom speak.
    "If know everything I am sure you would know pi, however I would be surprised if you could even recite the first three numbers. You'd probably even need your fingers to count to three. And this man, helping anyone? Yeah right. No one could help anyone. I have been enough places to know that." Samuel stopped thinking about what Tom was saying for a moment when he thought about the idea of getting help, it could be good but it could bite them in the butt too.

Samuels mind went back Tom as he mentioned the man could read minds
    . "Is that so? Well this will be fun. Tom seemed to be convinced that he is so great that his mind can't be read. But that would require him to have a mind. It is okay not long before we can get out of here. Get Oscar away before he pisses Tom off too much. He might be an idiot but he is a brute. Brain over brawn but I have more brains and I don't really want to deal with it. No offense Oscar but you are the fighter I am the brains. However that being said it doesn't take much for anyone to outsmart him." Samuel sighed as Tom finally moved to the side and they could meet this man who apparently read minds. "Samuel Leighyard. Nice to meet you, this is my brother Oscar." Samuel offered his hand as a polite gesture.

[​IMG]
    "Nice to meet you both." Sasha said as she turned away from he two men to focus on packing. She hadn't gotten too far when Gaius started to grab things and look at various items. "I will have to request that you don't touch anything. We have many staff here as well as high class and royalty that we have to serve and everything must be in perfect state for that. I will collect the food and get ready for the journey ahead."

Sasha disappeared into another room as it was a big pantry area. From there she collected a portable cook top food, matches, and any other items that she might need in the case they were gone for numerous days. She took a small purse of her own money from her pocket and put it in the bag that she was taking with her, just in case that she needed to buy food for them on the way. She didn't have much money so she hoped that what she had would last them. With all that packed in a decent sized travel sack she swung it over his shoulder and exited the pantry, grabbing some fruit from the fridge and adding it into the bag she looked at the two of them.
    "I have provisions for the three of us that should last at least four days as well as money for food if we so need it. We should be ready to go. So after you gentleman." She explained allowing them to lead the way out.

[​IMG]
    Xera looked into the cage and saw a skeleton sitting there reaching for the door. "Well it seems someone has been left there a little too long. Sucks to be him." Xera said as she closed the door on the skeleton. "See I like giant rats and skeletons as much as the next person but I don't think I am quite up to opening another one of the doors yet. How about someone else does it and I will be around for back up just in case." Xera told the others as she held her sword out but kept back. These people who said they would join them, she wanted them to prove their worth by actually doing something., Standing there watching them do everything made her think that they had something to hide. They were too nice to get their own hands dirty and just wanted to watch as others did so they could turn them in. She had to be at least somewhat cautious

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Alec shrugged at Vex's suggestion to check out the other doors, but went along with it anyway. This whole plan of breaking into the castle was a strange mixture of well thought out, and completely and utterly made up on the fly. Mostly the latter. Sure, Vex had managed to learn of and locate one of the easiest ways into the castle, but on the other hand here they were checking an entire dungeon door by door. And come to think of it, Alec hadn't heard Vex actually tell them what they were looking for. Perhaps they'd know it when the found it.
    Regardless, Alec went on to the next door and opened it, revealing... another door. A door much finer and sturdier looking than the dungeon door he had just opened, a very fancy door to be sure, but it still was, as far as he could tell, a door. After contemplating this door and its significance for a few moments, Alec decided that he should do what he usually did went confronted by doors, and stretched out his hand to open it.

“BEHOLD, MORTAL!” a voice bellowed, causing Alec to pause. “BEFORE STANDS YOU AN ARPETURE THROUGH WHICH YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY HOPE TO GAIN PASSAGE! BEGONE!”
    Alec looked at the door for a few moments, taking in and carefully forming his thoughts regarding what had just happened. After careful deliberation, he came to the conclusion that his initial thoughts regarding this had been correct: The door was talking.
    The best way to deal with this situation seemed to be to take it head on, at least for the time being.
    “Well, Misss...ter? door,” Alec began, “I didn't actu-”
    “MORTAL! I AM DVERI, THE SAGE OF PORTALS! GUARDIAN OF THE KING'S COURT FOR A THOUSAND YEARS!TELLER OF SECRETS AND KEEPER OF LIVES! NO AXE CAN CHOP THROUGH ME, NO RAM CAN SHATTER ME, NO RUST CAN SQUEAKIFY MY HINGES!!!”
    “Squeakify?”
    “Yes, squeakify,” Dveri told Alec in a admonishing tone. “Don't interrupt. Where was I? Ah yes. I am Dveri, no ram, no rust, and the FOREMOST OF THE ENTRANCEWAY'S OF THIS-”
    “If you're so great, why are you locked up down here?” Alec questioned him.
    Dveri suddenly became as downcast as a faceless door can be. “They say I talk too much. They say that state secrets shouldn't be discussed with the maids, and that my opinion regarding what shade of yellow the hall should be – hey, wait!” Dveri exclaimed as Alec began to close the dungeon door on him. “Please don't go, I can tell you things, like why there are so many redheads in the west side of Corvus, and how the oil tax really goes towards the Lord Kuston's private massage parlour, and that the King isn't actually human, he's really a –”
    Alec shut the dungeon door closed, muffling anything else the magic talking door said. Probably for the best. Turning back to the other three, Alec pointed over his shoulder with his thumb back at the dungeon.
    “I'm guessing that's not what we're looking for.”

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Kari listened with bewilderment to the strangeness that was the strange magical talking door that the one who pushed past her earlier opened. Why do they even have that?! What even is it? She stood there, kind of confused while it ranted and ranted about how it was some kind of great talking door that kept secrets or something. She really wasn't that sure about what the hell it was, or what the hell it did. Or why someone made it, which wound up being quite the puzzle. In any case, he shut the door and then that was that. She couldn't help but laugh at Alec's rather offhand comment about it not being what they were looking for, though she didn't say anything. It was strange. The whole situation had been quite serious until that happened, it was a really weird ice breaker. Looks like it's my turn to open a door. Well, here goes nothing! Kari walked over to another door, swung it open and then waited for fate to decide what was inside.

14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Unknown:
    after not posting for a couple of weeks Garrett forgot what he had planed and what he was doing.

Scott's pov:

Scott baner.png

He walked around the castle when he spotted someone coming out of a door that he has not checked yet. This castle was so large that he thought that he been almost every were now. the door was left open. He looked inside a spotted some old man or not. (do not know age of king) He walked up to the man and did not know what to say at first. Did he just find the king. After looking for so long this man might be the one he been looking for. It was time for answers. Without skipping a bet it was time. "I am guess that you are the king everyone talks about. I have to say that you are not the easiest person to find. Getting into this castle was simple, but finding you is a whole other game. Anyways. What do you know about the revolution? What can you tell me about it?" After waiting so long he would not put it past this man not to know a thing. "Is it just rumors or something else?" What whole thing was a complete mystery. he waited for the man to say something.

Sara's pov:

Sara banner.png

She stood by the entrance way and the man that she has been following for some time just walked past. oh good he did not see me, she thought. She just followed Alec carful not to be seen. She had to stay behind everyone. Then Alec opened a door and it turned out to be a magical talking door. Now she about seen it all. Magic was a mystery of sorts. It was kind of like that strange cat that showed up at the bar. She followed the cat thinking it might lead somewhere. As soon as she left that bar all that was there was this Alec person. Did he have the power to turn into a cat or was it something else? There was only one was to find out and that was to keep following these people until she got her answers. She continued to follow them when a other girl opened a door. This place sure had a lot of doors.

??? pov:

Gus Human baner.png

He continued to walk in the town. He reached the place were glass was everywhere. Widows were broken and the door was falling off. This was indeed the place. A bar fight had happened hear that was clear. He walked around the building taking in all the clues. He stopped by a window that was not broken. He then looked inside a saw a person talking to the bar man. (Elyas) He then move so he could see what was going on in the bar, but if anyone looked out the window they would not see him. What was going on. Watching this bar might tell him the story.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

The king raised an eyebrow as Scott walked in. He could be an absolute prick, he could have simply asked him to leave, told him to come back when he had been approved by the guards, but the king was not a cruel man :( . "I'm surprised you struggled with finding me if you entered the castle as easily as you say. While the castle itself is big, this throne room you are standing in lies at the end of the one hallway you can take when you enter through the front. I did this to be closer to my subjects and to avoid confusion, and I apologise for your trouble. These rumours you talk about, of this revolution...I can neither confirm nor deny them. It worries me that my people would try to end my reign after I have done so much for them" his majesty said, frowning slightly. "Young man, I do not even know your name, and yet I'm afraid I must ask something of you. Would you be against going to the towns and asking about these rumours yourself before returning to me to tell you what you discovered? Normally I would ask Sasha, but she isn't here currently..and I feel as though you are someone worthy of my trust" he pleaded.

[​IMG]
    Ignoring the talking door that Alec had found, Vex focused on the next one. As Kari opened the door, Vex peered inside. Holding his axe ready and bracing himself for a fight, he was pleasantly surprised and relaxed a little bit. "Well, this makes things easier" was all he said before stepping out of the way so that people could see. "This is the reason we came here" he announced, allowing people to walk past and see that it was indeed Eldridge inside, assuming Myst is okay with this.

[​IMG]
    As Gaius watched Sasha grabbing the response, it took a lot of self control for him not to start grabbing more food; he was pretty damn hungry. Once everything was accounted for, Sasha told them they could lead. Walking past Caleb, he pushed open the door and walked out of the castle with Sasha and Caleb following. "So, we gotta go to the happy mountains so we can find this guy that can help us. The king gave me a picture, so it shouldn't be too hard to find him. Just gotta get there but....well, I've never been there before. Have you been there, Sasha?" he asked, walking through the streets of Corvus.

Will insert banner in future posts
    The man looked straight at Samuel and Oscar. While his face was incredibly calm and serious, behind it he was struggling not to chuckle. You didn't have to be a mind reader to tell that Tom's intellect was not his strong point, and Samuel had seemed to pick up on that rather well. "Thank you Tom, but I think I can manage things from here" he stated, noting that Tom nodded and walked away.

"My name is Stephen Castra. I work for the king, helping him with tasks that most people struggle with. I'm reasonably good with a blade, though my talents are in mind reading. Samuel, Tom isn't particularly bright, and I doubt he knows the digits of Pi, though his words were not entirely true. I didn't tell him there was nothing to hear, I simply told him that there was nothing relevant. His thoughts seemed to revolve around beating people to a pulp and then plastering them with what he calls ***** stickers. If you'd like further proof of my talents, however, I can tell you that your brother there is thinking I'm full of **** and is trying to think of the best way to avoid me. That much is evident from the look on his face, but what is a little harder to discern is that he's trying to think of a way to tell you that he is responsible for the death of your town and the loss of your parents" he explained, proving that he was indeed a mind reader. He then turned to Oscar. "I'm sorry for revealing that bit of information, but if I am to help you then you have to be sure I am telling the truth, and that was the easiest and most optimal way to do it" he stated.

[​IMG]
    Storming forward, Oscar grabbed Stephen by the throat, but the man got the better of him and pushed him back, delivering a swift kick to the stomach as he did so.

"I have no quarrel with you, Oscar, but if you attack me again I will be forced to take lethal action. One crucial thing of trusting someone is not attacking them" Stephen said.

No longer on the offensive, Oscar stepped down and relaxed himself as best as he was able to. The man was right, attacking him wasn't going to change anything. Though why did he have to go and tell Samuel that? Oscar had been keeping it hidden for a reason, he was going to tell Samuel when the time was right. He hadn't intended on telling him so soon.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Samuel slowly lowered his hand after Stephen didn't take him up on his offer of a hand shake. He stood there listening to what the man had to say, still doubting him a bit. Anyone with half a mind could figure out the same things that this man was telling him... Well that was until the end of his talk. He then went on to say something that Oscar was supposibly thinking that would surprise him. There was two parts that made him nervous. First off he could have been bullsh*ting the entire thing however neither him or Oscar talked about their past much, were they came from. This man shouldn't have known. And if he had been able to read Oscars mind to find that out then was the other part true as well?

It was confirmed true by not Oscars words, in fact he didn't say anything but his actions. He immediately attacked the man. Normally Samuel would try to calm his brother down, keep him back, tell him off, something like that, however he couldn't right now. Samuel was frozen in a state of shock. He slowly backed away from the two men fear, shock in his eyes and written all over his face.

"W-what are you talking about. No! It is not possible! I saw what attacked our village, what killed mom. I saw it! I remember everything about it. The images never left my mind. It wasn't you! I don't know what they were but it wasn't you Oscar! What is he talking about. Just tell me he is lying. Please! He has to be lying!" However a small part of Samuel knew that this man truly read minds and what he was saying was true. He wanted desperately not to believe it. He preferred it when he was not quite sure what the things were or where they came from. The young fourteen year old no longer knew what to think in this situation. Should he even still trust his brother? He had let him believe that he was as clueless as him, that he didn't know how it happened either. How was he supposed to trust him now.

There was also the issue of the mind reader, who was undoubtedly reading his mind as everything went through his head. He worked for the king and though they were trying to get to him to talk to him about clearing their names, they were still criminals. How was he to know the man wouldn't turn around and stab him in the back. Then again he was in a mercenary village, they had all probably broken the law and no one was arrested here yet so it seemed, so that was a good sign. Then there was the issue of privacy, if they couldn't even keep their thoughts to themselves would that something he could live with. On t other hand an extra set of eyes and ears might mean that they could get more rest, and that was also a good thing. Samuel looked over at his brother with anger and sadness trying to figure out what they had to do now. Was he to continue following his brother? Was he to try to find his way on his own from now on? Could he? He was okay at fighting but his coordination could use some work, his still sore shoulder was proof of that. And was he ready to be alone? He couldn't sleep through a full night as it was with someone there, usually one of them kept guard while the other slept. He knew he was safe and yet never slept sound. If he was on his own... well that might mean no sleep at all. Could he do that? He didn't know... He just needed, he just needed his brother to say something to him to help him decide.

[​IMG]
    They were off to the happy mountains but it seemed that no one knew exactly where to go. "I have never been outside of Corvus. I am sorry sir, I don't know." She spoke in a formal manor just as she would to any of the nobles or the royal family in the castle. However now she had slightly more freedom of speech. "I cam prepared with a map and compass, let me get them for you." Sasha said before stopping for a moment to pull out the map and compass from one of the two bags she carried with her, one on each shoulder. Both were fairly heavy but considering her job she had to work up some muscle so it didn't bother her. Finding the two items she hoisted the bag back on her shoulder and unfolded the map.

"So It seems we need to leave by the main town exit in the south west and head down to Sharox. From there their is an exit in the north that will lead to a smaller path, that is what we need to take to the Happy mountains." Sasha explained as she started walking down the road to the exit of the city, readjusting her bags so they wouldn't fall off her shoulders as she held the map and compass as well. She thought of attempting conversation however she didn't know if that was in the bounds of what she could or couldn't do in this situation. So instead she kept her mouth shut allowing Caleb or Gaius to talk first if they were going to talk to her at all.

[​IMG]
    Well a talking magical door, that was new. However she was glad it was locked up. It would be so annoying if it wasn't. Who wanted a talking door around anyways? Xera was glad when the door was shut. The next door that was open was bingo, just what they wanted. "Here we are. The so called leader of the rebellion. I wonder why you claimed that. Either way, it doesn't matter. It is time to go. We had to go through a few deaths and work to get to here and as much as I love killing people I would rather not deal with it now. Come on lets go." Xera spoke as she turned to leave.

17. Mysty Unknown

Eldridge was sitting in his prison, his mind racing from the things that could be happening with Zita. The girl was too powerful and the fool known as Precious was allowing her to roam free causing unneeded chaos among the kingdom. He tried to focus himself and breathe more. His stress wasn't going to free him or get Zita into safety any quicker.

After some time, he began to hear prison cells being opened and the murder of many of the inmates. They were going to get to him soon enough. Usually he had composure, but the idea of dying right now was not helping him. If he died, Zita could destroy the world if left unchecked. As the voices grew closer and closer he could hear the familiar voice of a man. It was the blond man. They must have created a group to free him. Was it because he was falsely accused that they decided to free him?

His door opened up, the sight of them put a smile on his face. "I'm pleased for the rescue attempt. As a token of my gratitude, I will switch my magic off on you all. However, I cannot stay." He walked out of the cell to see the others who had joined Vex in this journey. "I'm afraid that I must regroup with someone. You see, I was charged with taking responsibility of her. She could destroy the kingdom if I do not have her around myself to subdue her magic. Scary as you might be, friend, the children of this era are gaining magical abilities that are beyond compare."

He walked towards the exit, grabbing a hat from one of the dead prisoners.
    "I shall regroup with you and discuss things about this rebellion. There is a hidden village in the forest south of Mooredoor. There are many who share your views but have been too afraid to stand up against the king. Meet me there in 3 days. The Revolution of Rivelle has begun. La rivoluzione di Rivelle"

With those words said, and an Italian lesson later, Eldridge was off to get Zita back. He ran into some guards who were unaware of his capture and asked for the location of Precious. He was told so and headed out to the small city south of the capital. "I'm coming Zita!"

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Scott's pov:

Scott baner.png

He was somewhat surprised by the kings answer. The king was not all that helpful. He was saying that his princess was in another castle. Welp he did not know what to say to the king. "My name, is Scott. What town should I go to? Who should I talk to?" He was not all that special. Why would the king ask him when he had so many others to ask? The king trusted him, this was odd he just walked in minutes ago. Did the king trust whoever he came across? It did not matter, he would just wait for the kings answer.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

She felt a slight exhilaration as she was the one to release the person they were looking for. She wasn't sure if it was the case, but she felt as if she had helped somehow, perhaps making up for her prior loss of face. She still needed to get all that back. I will not be laughed at by everyone involved here. I won't let them think that I'm some kind of young idiot girl! I won't! Of course, that dropped off pretty quickly when this Eldridge guy started speaking in some language that she didn't really know. It sounded very fancy though, so she presumed he was a well educated man at the very least. Good that someone well educated is on our side. It's nice to know they're not all terrible. He seemed to deliver some news about a place where likeminded individuals made their home.
    "What's this about someone with powerful magic. And what ma-" She never got to finish, because he had already gone. She tried to make sure that she didn't show anything about it, but the idea that the man used magic that he could just 'switch off' on them was terrifying. What could it do? And what could that even more dangerous person do? Magic never felt real. It was always a horror story, something you heard of in stories about men being burned to a crisp with a blink of an eye. Hopefully they never used it on her. Maybe, maybe that was the King's secret! He used magic to take power! The thought was disturbing.
    "Let's go. We're done here." Kari said astutely, walking out with Xera.

[​IMG]

The trail of information was starting to fade into obscurity. Not many people around here seemed to know what was going on really beyond that. All that he could determine was the rough direction that they had gone. Unfortunately for him, that could have been just about anywhere towards the centre of the city, however considering who they were dealing with, it was pretty clear to see where they would have gone as far as he could tell. The palace. It's the most logical place for them to go and considering they left after an arrest... That tells me pretty much everything I need to know. Someone actually claimed to be the leader of this revolution, but it's not the man that Vex is described to be. In fact, the Vex I know is going after him which tells me primarily one thing- It's a breakout. The motivations for the lie are unclear, but whatever they are he's certainly involved. This puzzle only gets more complex. Each lead gives me more questions. It's up to me to unravel them all. As he was thinking and considering, he was not however blind. It was easy enough to spot the blond man looking through the window before he moved to the side. Elyas walked out the door of the inn again and made his way towards the palace. He considered taking a route through the alleys to shake off any pursuit, but he had a far, far better idea.

20. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

??? unknown pov:
    Gus Human baner.png

The man and the bar man were still talking. When the man in brown (Elyas) look out the window then shortly left the bar. It was obvious that he wanted to be followed. He himself did not like being followed so why should he follow this man. He had to say that it was quite odd to run to someone so interesting. Did this man want the same thing he did? So far it seemed that way. If they did want the same thing he did not see why they should not work together. Same goal same payout. He then made mental note what direction the man headed off in. He was probably heading to the place. He been to many towns before and they were all vary alike. Other then the fact that he was in this town quite a few times in his past. If he was given the chance of talking to this man he would do it, but following him into a trap was unnecessary. If he wanted to find the man he would know were to look anyways. With Elyas out of the bar he headed in to get a better look at the damage. Boy it was a mess. He then took a seat and the bar and did what it took to get the bartender to talk. He ask about what happened and the bartender was more then happy to tell he everything. He was pretty convincing. Then information was not as easy to get as he would have liked, but after awhile he got what he came for. He then payed the bartender some money for the information he got. He did not have to be so hard with the information so he did not give him a lot. Maybe if the bartender was helpful he would have gave him more, but alas he wasn't. He then wondered if stealth was the best option or if he should just continue doing what he was doing. From The information that he got from the bar man he found out that the man in brown indeed was after the same thing he was. Maybe it was time to work together. As much as he rather not it was the best way to get information. The man in brown wanted information he wanted information. It was a win win. The only problem was finding him and talking to the man when he was not busy. The bar would probably get fixed with the money it gotten over the last few days. He then left the bar and headed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.