Kingdom Hearts III Repeating Worlds with original story

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Iskandar, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So I was thinking about something that happened between KH1 and KH2. In KH1 we got to visit a lot of places like Halloween Town, Agrabah, Atlantica, and more. And in KH2 we visited those worlds again and I was wondering about the stories that happened in each of them. For the most part, a lot of stories in KH1 were kind of their own, like with Atlantica and maybe some of Halloween Town, and Agrabah as well as Neverland...well, maybe partially Neverland, followed most of their film counterparts. When we got KH2, a lot of the worlds we saw that didn't follow the films had a new story that did follow them, and the original worlds like Mulan and Pirates of the Caribbean followed their films nearly to the letter right away. I was wondering what might happen if we got the same worlds yet again in KH3. If we got something like Atlantica again, which I probably doubt, do you think it'd be its own original story, or do you think Square might even follow some of the story of Little Mermaid 2? Or even something like that with Lion King? I just find this something interesting.

2. libregkd -

3. Antidote Façade

I would prefer them to go down the original story route again- there could be endless possibilities this way, whereas there's only so much you can do with movie storylines without treading the same ground over and over.

Hoping they take a break from worlds like Agrabah, Atlantica and Halloween Town, etc anyway. I mean, how many times have we seen them now?

4. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah, I really love how all the worlds that were introduced in KHI kind of do their own thing, but the fact that every world that's debuted since then has just followed the movie is a big letdown. Though I find it a nice consolation that KHII, BbS, and 3D all have more than one visit to each world, which enables new material in addition to the movie plot, so I think if that tradition continues with KHIII, I'll be satisfied with the new worlds. I just hope it's a mix of new worlds and returning ones. I figure Olympus will come back, because it's a pretty major staple of the series, and I'd like Agrabah to return, although apparently most fans are sick of it, so the developers might take that to heart.

So while I'm sure that every new world will be a thrill to discover, I think when the game actually comes out, it'll be the returning worlds that'll be more enjoyable. Because, you know, they'll have to actually write something.