Implemented Rep Points

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Rosey, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the gamer2.0 Moogle Assistant

how you get rep

2. Misty gimme kiss

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?53560-General-Assistance-*look-here-before-asking-a-question!*

Next time just make a new thread or message a staff member, dear. =]

3. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

People award you rep for super awsome junk you say.

EDIT: Err, yeah, what Misty said...in her wicked way of saying it. (wow...I can see how fast my memory's fleeing me. I'm gonna go back and crawl in my hole)

4. P Banned

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that Misty entered the thread, posted, then left without commenting on the suggestion?

/hopingshe'sabouttoimplementit

5. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

I think there was another thread about this in the past... and I remember because I had posted in it. I don't remember how it ended. Well I don't think I care much about it. It's not going to change anything. Now, if it was a thread about enabling the option to see the next 10 rep you will get, that I would be thumbs up all the way.

6. Misty gimme kiss

I wanted to look into the suggestion some more before I said anything, haha.

I can't seem to find any mod that would allow this, though I do like both ideas and will keep looking. =]

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

This can be done, the setting is currently set at 10 but can be increased.

This isn't possible to my knowledge.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

What's the highest it can be increased to?
    I vote we increase it to the max.

Also, this is going to kill my OCD. I try so hard to get a line of all the same colored gems D:

9. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Well the max could be 50. 50 is too much for me, cant wait for the whole page to load and possibly lag my old computer. Whats the point in that much rep anyways.
    I think 10 is good, but if it's to be raised, then not make it more than 20.

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Would it be possible to veiw then on a seperate page or put them under a spoiler tag? That way it wouldn't take settings forever to load, so we can use it for other things but we can still veiw all our rep if we want to? Just a thought.

11. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

As far as I know, unlimited.

That would require a change of the vb code, so a mod would be needed to seperate rep from the user cp. Pretty sure nothing like that exists.

Increasing the number of viewable rep will only make the list longer, it doesn't get seperated into pages after a certain number. So it can get laggy for a lot of folks when loading their settings.

12. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Could we make it so that it's an option in the settings? So people who want to view more than ten can choose how much shows? That way, it's up to the person if their settings page suffers from lag or not?
    Or is that not a possibility?

13. Jayn

I agree with Bushy-brow-1992. O:

If that's not possible then maybe you can just do it once for a tiny bit, and those who want to see their rep can screenshot the hell out of it for nostalgia's sake, then it can go back to it's normal setting. xD
    I like the idea because I want to see the rep I've gotten in the past--but I don't like the idea of it stretching the screen down or lagging the crap out of me permanently, every time I go to my control panel. ​

14. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Unfortunately no, it's only a global option in the admin cp. Meaning either everyone has it or no one does.

Well that's the reason it's at 10 for now. Increasing it to a slight number such as 15 or so wouldn't make much of a difference, but yeah beyond that there's going to be a some lag for a lot of people when loading their settings. If it was possible to make it a separate page or let users have control of their individual preferences, then increasing the number wouldn't be as much of an issue.

As for temporarily doing it, we'll see.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I found one for rep given. And it even includes quick fixing similar to how if you edit a post quickly it won't show up as edited. Though in this case it is about if you can do it or not instead of the existance of a flag.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231875

I'm still looking to see if these rep tables can be paged, but like Misty I'm not seeing anything for that.

I don't see any point in extending the page we do have. It would hardly feel different from what we have now.

16. P Banned

My thoughts in a nutshell, yeah. I wanna be able to see all my rep, but I don't want it lagging my page. Screenshotting it briefly and then changing back would be perfect.

17. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Interesting. Well that mod does do what you suggested, but it's displayed on the same page (the user cp above the reputation recieved).

I wouldn't mind installing that, but I would probably leave the reputation recieved count at 10 for lag purposes. So I guess it comes down to do you want half and half (rep left/rep recieved) or just a slightly longer list of rep recieved.

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Long term I would say 10 of each.

However I do support Jayn's idea of having a short time (one full day maybe?) where it is set to some insane ammount so that those of us that care can keep records. Granted then there will be a flood of complaints for a) the CP being largely unusable that day and b) people not being here when we pull the stunt. So it has my vote but I understand if you don't want to do it.

19. P Banned

48 hours would probably be better, with an announcement a few days beforehand. Besides, people will still be able to get to subscribed threads, and see any notifications. It just won't be on a single page for a day. Also, rep shouldn't lag the page that much, unless there's a lot of videos and the like. Remember, it's just some small, repeated images and a line of text. The average thread page has considerably more.

20. Always Dance Chaser

Just to point something out, it would probably be a really minuscule edit to the vB code to make a .txt file that holds all of the data, and it would probably be much less trying on the site in terms of lag to create this .txt file and make it available for download. That way you wouldn't have to see 50,000 rep posts on your User CP every time you look at it, but you could look at the file whenever you want to.

(I just thought of this because I had to make a program in computer science that writes a bunch of lines to a .txt file whenever something changes.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.