No Thanks Rename Game Help to Game Help & Guides

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Following this rejected suggestion, what if we renamed Game Help to Game Help & Guides to make it more clear instead?

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Based Game Mods @libregkd and @Kites have more authority on this, but I think 'Game Help' as is does encompass the guide aspect of it. People generally refer to guides to get assistance for a game if they're stuck or need help with making/finding something within it.

3. libregkd -

I agree with @Plums on this. The name "Game Help" implies that it is a section of the site where a member can expect to get help in a particular game, be it through asking a question or reading a guide. Having "Guides" within the title of the section seems somewhat redundant to me.

4. Kites Chaser

I agree with @libregkd and @Plums on this one - having guides as a part of the section name is a bit redundant as all one has to do to find guides would be to click on the "Game Help" section where essentially, you are looking for "help". I think the intention of that section is pretty clear as it stands.~

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I dunno. At least from my personal view, when I see or hear "help / assistance," I typically think of something like, "How do I beat the third Droguza battle in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits?" whereas when I see or hear "guide," I typically think of a walkthrough type thing: "Leave town and head east; eventually, you'll encounter a treasure chest containing X item."

6. Kites Chaser

It's definitely something that I can look into in terms of reorganization of the Game Help section. I know the guides are already prefixed with the word "Guide", but maybe to make it more clear we can add a subsection within Game Help called Walkthroughs & Guides or something of that sort if there are enough guides to do that with. That way, people can click on the Game Help section and see that there's also a subsection devoted to a walkthrough or a guide of some sort. But, like I said, if there's just a guide here and there with the majority of the posts in the Game Help section not being guide or walkthrough related I think it's safe to keep it as is. Especially since there are a lot of outside resources for walkthroughs and guide that people can find online.

7. libregkd -

Both are still, essentially, helping someone with a game. One just happens to be much more detailed than the other.

8. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Someone needs a guide for a game because they need help for said game. So it doesn't really need a super specific title. That's like renaming the code vault "The Codes, hacks, and third party programs vault". Titles being broad work a lot better in my opinion.

That also being said, and I might be completely wrong here but I don't recall seeing many guides on this site at all. So I don't see why a change needs to be made.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Kites, @libregkd, did you guys ever discuss this idea?