Implemented Remove Plus Symbol from Ratings

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not sure if there's a minus symbol as well, but if there is, my suggestion applies to it as well.

Not only is there an inconsistency, because some areas have the symbol and others don't, but the color itself clearly indicates whether a member's overall ratings are positive, neutral, or negative, so having a symbol is superfluous.

Here are pages where the symbols appear. I'm sure there are others, so don't go solely on what I list below, but these are the only two the pop in my head:

http://kh-vids.net/members/
    http://kh-vids.net/account/following

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. libregkd -

I removed the few instances that the + symbol still appears.If there are any other pages where it is still present please alert me.

However I will not be removing the negative symbol. The rating system is made to allow for users to potentially have negative ratings; i.e. ratings under zero. While the + isn't needed when you are in the positive, the - symbol is needed to designate that a user currently has a negative number. The color helps but just having a red number that says 10 doesn't fully communicate that the user's rating is actually at -10.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

That actually makes sense. I'm not sure if you're familiar with or know of a game series called RollerCoaster Tycoon, but that's exactly how that works, the only difference being that positive is either white or black since there is no neutral when it comes to money.

Here's a screenshot I found to demonstrate. The money is in European form, but you get the idea:

Money.gif

In that case, I'll retract that part from my suggestion and this can be marked as Implemented. Thank you, man. :)