No Thanks Removal of GiF's?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Sara, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think that's actually a rule or at least should be. It can be annoying if someone has both.

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Like i've said.

I completely disagree.

We just need to enforce it more. Just simply removing the sig straight away is more efficient.

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It's going to get harder because 1) this is a huge fan site (one of the biggest in the KH franchise), 2) the bandwidth is increased by member activity/traffic alone, and 3) with bandwidth increasing by user avatars and signatures having an uncontrollable amount of GIF's by an almost-just-as-much uncontrollable amount of members, it would drive the bandwidth out the window and the site could become insanely slow load-time-wise.

Now, I also would hate to get rid of the GIF's. But it's getting to the point that maybe we should do something about it.

I personally wouldn't be against making GIF's a premium-only reward for being such a good member and staying active (enough to become premium). IMO, this would reduce a lot of the users who join, put GIF's in their sigs and never come back. Ever.

Thoughts?

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I still think complete ban isn't nessasary, and think that just enforcing it more would be a better solution. =/

Edit: You said do something about it, well really we aren't, maybe the odd nice PM saying can you remove it, but really we aren't enforcing it as much as we could.

Just removing the sig straight away if it breaks the limits, and leave a note in their sig space saying

"Max gif limit is 500kb, please read the rules"

5. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I suppose that could work.

I'm just concerned about the GIF's within the next year. =/

6. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

that would be an alright idea....i wouldnt mind that....i would rather we keep all gifs, but if its taking too much of the bandwidth, i suppose thats not so bad....

7. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

i dont know. i think the limits already set are fine, but meh, who can i influence. do what you wish, superiors!

8. ducky Destiny Islands Resident

I have non-animated GIFs. I still think no.

9. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That would knock out alot of stores here

10. TabbyRoxas Twilight Town Denizen

Maybe people should get High speed connections. Just because a few people cant handle something doesnt mean you have to ruin it for the people who can.

So dont remove GIFs. It spoils the fun of the people who have high speed connections.

11. Gravity Chaser

Asking people to pay more for their internet is a little much to ask, don't you think?

I don't think GIFs should be removed...people spend time making them, and they're fun to have in sigs and avatars. There's already a limit on how many and how large they can be, so I don't really see a point in getting rid of them completely. It would just be boring without them.

12. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

Tough decision... I'm in the middle. GIF's slow down dial-up users even more, but they're gun to look at.

13. Repliku Chaser

Even on dial-up you have to have a slower than 56k connection to really be bothered, I'd think. Gifs are mostly small and so enforcing people to 1 gif at the size that's been said seems good enough. It sucks that the mods and admin have to go around and tell people to fix the gif situation, but at the same time, it would stink to not have the option of having a gif at all for some sigs. I hope that gifs aren't taken away in entirety and it's sad some people go overboard and don't fix it so that the rest of us can enjoy the privilege to have them. I see why the mods are getting frustrated. 4 months is a while and by now everyone -should- know better.

[​IMG]

14. Sara Tea Drinker

Since this has been bumped and done with... I'm going to lock this, PM me with any complaints.

-LOCKED-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.