No Thanks Removal of GiF's?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Sara, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

GIFs are videos that most people put in sigs. The ones that move on their own.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Hmm...

Well, I've seen alot of banners and such with animations and they're .gifs(redeyes-whatever has a banner with an animation in it and it's within the limit, and I'm pretty sure that pic of Sora and the gang in Kitty's sig is within the limit, not sure though. Also, Eastercat, SA, and DW(not sure on this one, just a guess because it doesn't have many animations) you'd be screwing over many regs), wouldn't be fair to those people to get royally f*cked because some people can't handle a sig. It is a rule that it can't be over 500kb, I know the staff is busy as hell, but maybe you should just keep enforcing the rule. I know the easy road would be to just not allow them, but that road would include many compalints from those within the rules. i know that doesn't exactly solve the probllem, but maybe be more strict about it. People have a fear of warnings and bans and as cruel as it is to say it, maybe start giving warnings for banners breaking that limit,treat it as any other rule such as spamming. Not the best solution I know, but even that beats just removing them and getting many many complaints.

False! That's an embedded video my friend. A gif is a picture filetype that has some sort of animation.

3. Alex C: Kingdom Keeper

Shadowjak I do believe that is what he meant xD had trouble saying it...

Anyways well I'm half and half about this. I suggest you lower the limit size? =/

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What who ment...? The only post in this I gave a damn about was the first one...

5. Alex C: Kingdom Keeper

Soku sorry I should've been more specific..... <_>

6. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

My gif was around 700 kb, but you can't tell me that slowed down your comps guys.

Anyway I reduced it so it's a little under 500 kb. So plus the image, it should be around 500 or a teensy bit over.

7. Sara Tea Drinker

One of the things that utterly upsets me even now about this is that some members still don't realize that we have had a rule about this for months now and people still have blown us off about it.

I posted this in forum news TWICE telling people to lower it to the requirements I said. And yet, this is still a long issue.

Me and several other staff members have been chasing members down for the day, me myself have caught at least 15 members breaking the rules. Two over 3 Mb in their sigs.

Is it really that hard to follow it?

8. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Um... Does this affect on avvys? Or is it just for the sigs? (I missed that part)

9. Sara Tea Drinker

Avy's for now are safe, we haven't gotten any complaints from members about the size of gif avy's.

10. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Okay... Thanks Sara!

11. Bou Banned

I highly doubt it, but will someone let me know if my GIF is breaking the limit?

12. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

That one? I could say NO! Hey, I have a comp that's on it's last breaths! And that one doesn't slow down it at all!

13. Bou Banned

Alright, thanks TBM. I wouldn't want to annoy people with it.

14. Misty gimme kiss

For anyone who's wondering, you can check the size of your gif by right clicking it in your signature, going to 'Properties'. The file size should be listed.

15. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Your right there, it is not hard to follow. The sad part is, some people just don't know because they don't check the forum news section. I know no knowledge of the rules is their fault and they should take it upon themselve to check amd know them, but the thing is, they don't. As I said, start giving warnings, I'm sure people will learn real quick

16. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

I think at least one GIF in a sig's fine. It doesn't really matter to me; my computer's not really affected in any way. :I

17. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now is that why the other GIF in my sig is gone now? i was wondering

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I removed it.

Pretty much, having two GIF's that were the size that they were wasn't really legit.

And basically, having more than one just isn't gonna work here.

19. Bou Banned

I noticed one of the staff members (I think Hissora) has a 1,000 KB GIF in their signature.

20. Xigbar The Freeshooter

I say that you should only be able to have a GIF in your signature or your avatar, not both. Having one in both slows my computer down. This would also be a good idea because it allows people to have at leat one GIF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.