Religion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheFerg, May 25, 2008.

?

Well?

1. Christian - Other

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Christian - Catholic

40 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Agnostic

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Atheist

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Mormon

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Muslim

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Protestant

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Scientologist

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Taoist

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  12. Wiccan

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  13. other

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

we are talking about a "perfect" being....

how could a perfect being be so greedy and resentful.

guess he was so perfect he developed on his own...

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

You do realise that the Islamic faith believes much of the Bible to be a corruption of the Koran? Which is right then? I say neither, they are one and the same but time and the location of their evolution just changed them in different ways. The constant similarities are too much to deny it.

Also, religion is one big hypocrisy. Not just the fact that the Old and New Testaments are almost incompatible (god being described as a completely different being in both, with the New Testament "overwriting" a lot that was said in the Old, with the Old being passed off as "metaphorical". That's certainly a laugh).

Also, lol @ the Catholic Church being persecuted by the government. The Catholic Church and its related organisations get constant grants from governments worldwide, many MPs in the UK are deeply religious and it often interferes with their judgement and yet atheists are called "immoral".

And just so you know, I don't just dislike the Catholic Church. I just see it as one of the worst offenders. I personally think that organised religion itself is wrong. Evangelicism is very very wrong and that people should be finding their own way to their own personal higher power, not becoming a close-minded drone blindly believing in whatever their religious leader tells them to.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Quoted for truth.

religion and goverment should be two separate entities, through time we have seen what having the two mixed has brought and its not pretty.

4. TheKingdomCame Traverse Town Homebody

I couldn't agree more. I don't even understand why we need to know about the religious practices of a John McCain or a Barack Obama. It's not like an Al Qaeda member is going to run for president. All these politicians preaching religion to get more Christian votes is just shameful, in my opinion. The church should IN NO WAY have any form of control over the government. The last time that happened, we had, I believe, three crusades. And no, I'm not attacking catholics, I'm just saying religious politics is a VERY bad idea.