Religion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheFerg, May 25, 2008.

?

Well?

1. Christian - Other

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Christian - Catholic

40 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Agnostic

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Atheist

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Mormon

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Muslim

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Protestant

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Scientologist

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Taoist

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  12. Wiccan

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  13. other

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

the catholic church is messed up......not the people in it...mind you.

but....they do whatever they please.

Firstly.....if you really are religious you should know....no human can be God's voice on earth by his own will.

and they killed a lot of people.....just because they felt like it.

the bible herself talks about the catholic reign as the beast....a beast!.

is that not prove enough to change religions.

another thing.....the catholic church....they worship on sundays.

what's up with that?....the bible clearly states that its saturday.

in the day of jesus's ressurection he even upheld his sabbath law...and instead resurrected on sunday....just to guard the day of sabbath.

now....i suggest if you have doubts you read the bible and investigate.

And i don't have anything against catholics....but i'm just pointing out how some things have been twisted by some people....mainly the popes.

2. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

Guess what Im a christian

but not just any christian... nooo

Im Church of England

that's right...

but im not religious... i just like christmas

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

lol....a christmas christian.

and what denomination is your church?

4. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

><".....Has it not already been clarified that the Bible was written first, then translated almost a million times in several languages? ANYONE could say that the Catholic Church is a Beast. And the "Catholic Reign" you speak of probably refers to Medievel times. NOT NOW!

Nobody, not even the Pope, can say what is the true will of God. No idiot sitting in a Diner can just think "Hey, what if I were to say God hates Gays because I do!", proclaim it, and get very far. Take Jeremiah Wright for example, and to quote the great author, Destiny's Force,......'nuf said.

Are some things messed up about the Church? Yes, even though "messed up" ain't not probably the right phrase here. Is everything fixable? Not exactly. Stupid people who say what God is and isn't by their own misguided opinions will always exsist, so...bleh....whatcha gonna do, righ'?

Chev, you're smart. Seriously. I would have expected to read something a bit more evolved when I saw your name on the "most recent" post for this thread.

Oh, by the way. Sunday is the day we give to God. It used to be that nobody worked on Sundays, but that didn't last for this generation, I'm afraid.

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Actually....it talks about it as a beast , not only in the past but also in present time(check book of revelations)

Not only that but you fail to see the point in the context.

and btw, i found that comment very insulting, you do know i am not only talking to you in a thread but also to a younger crowd, what good can my words be if they cannot be understood by everyone?

you say that people cannot say what God's will is, but clearly the catholic church did....in mistakes that can be classified as cataclysmic.

i would delve deeper into showing you things from the bible...but its complicated seeing as this is the interwebz, but if you really have doubts about what i'm saying i would gladly PM you something..

and Sunday is not(according to the bible) the day of worship...and some people tend to ignore that.

now thats my actual point in this....the catholic church...changed the day of worship due to twisted understandings....but otherwise i find catholic church to be okay...except for praying to statues.

6. libregkd -

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

8. Mirai King's Apprentice

Um... During the time that the King James Bible was made/translated, Catholicism was the ONLY Christianity, except the Gnostics in Africa and other smaller sects, which have different versions of the Bible. Actually, before the Bible was compiled, there WAS no Catholic church.

Anyway, I'm agnostic.

EDIT: Also, the Beast, a.k.a. the Antichrist, was described as a giant seven-headed dragon. If you mean that the Beast was Rome, and that Revelations was allegory, you're right, but it wasn't the church, as there was no church of Christianity in those days, as they were persecuted.

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

umm....in not so sure its the seven headed beast...i think its the beast that...imitates....umm...*checks bible*

okay...in Revelations its the beast of seven heads yes, and it received a mortal wound....when a pope died(not sure wich) and chaos overtook , but they were able to continue catholicisim(it says it healed)

and it says a dragon gave it authority(lamentably all know who is the dragon)

and then , if you keep reading it talks about a second beast wich looks like a lamb, but speaks as a dragon(next world power?) , and it made the world revere the first mortal wounded beast

okay, the mortal wounded head is a pope who was imprisoned and i believe he died in jail, this is the mortal wound....but catholic church recovered, and the beast also recovered.

what comes next is the interesting part....another beast rises from the EARTH, wich looks like a lamb , but it speaks like a dragon(means its disguised as good, but its bad)

who is this beast?, wich says also that forces people to adore the seven headed dragon.

it gives power to the seven headed beast so that it can kill all those who did not adore it(no more freedom of cult)

and then it talks about the mark of the beast blah blah....

kinda confused myself though.

10. Johnny Bravo Chaser

11. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

I think I can explain. Know the little fish you see on bumper stickers? That's the symbol of Jesus, as everyone pretty much knows these days. But like it was said earlier, the Catholic church was persecuted by Government *Hear that, Gays? Just think there's hope for you guys, and stop keeping shooting at us[The Catholic community*

Contiuing, the Church had to go on in codes. So, if Romans would somehow see a section where it would seem like Catholics were bashing themselves, they would not destory the books. Recall, there are things in the teachings of Jesus and many others before him that come in sevens. "The seven sorrows of the Virgin Mary for instance. The dragon is most likely, yes, God, but there's also another part of the Bible that speaks a Dragon that was worshipped as a God. And Jesus once said, "Anything you ask of your God, will be in truth be asked of the Father. Anything you ask of the Father, will be asked by the Father." Or something very similar. So, the dragon is the God worshiped by pagans, but is actually God. The lamb, at this point, is pretty much self-explanatory.

it's either that, with the true definition of the Antichrist misguided so that Romans would not destory Bibles, or this theory:

"Many will come in my name. You must not listen to them.-" Again, the words aren't precise, but still. The lamb is most likely the Antichrist, poseing as God, leading people into the mouthes of the Dragon's Heads. So, at the end of the World, the beast would fight with the Leviathen and they would kill each other. I believe that's what I've read before. Weird, isn't it? How people who hate the Bible read it more than the people who should read it? I admit to skimming; which is more than what I can say for some.

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

isnt satan regarded as the dragon?

it also says that the beast of seven heads was given potesty to kill the saints....when it says that it means....when the church killed people.

and the mortal wound....already explained in my other post.

lets see....lets say an superpower...the world falls into a crisis...and the only way to survive the crisis is that US unites with the papacy....in exchange for econimical stability....but it must give the papacy power(this would mean...the part where the second beast gives power to the seven headed best to kill opposition (other religions))

and to only worship by catholic standards , or you couldnt buy or sell(mark of beast part, right after the passage of second beast)

the second beast will impress the world with the power given to it...and it looks all good and just(lamb)..but its actually wrong and deceiteful(speaks like a dragon)

13. KHfanatic4life Destiny Islands Resident

My religion is Christian but at times i think that i'm not. Its easy to lose sight or feeling of religion because of your daily life activities. People act like they're loyal to religion but turn right around and do things that would disregard their religion in the first place!! (Hyprocites!!) But we all know that no one is perfect and we are after all just human...

But of course, religion goes way back into the first of all human beings. I think its Homo sapien sapien? idk but back then religion was the excuse for doing the right things in their life to lead to a better after-life (Nirvana)
    That's why i think people choose not to believe in religions because they think religion leads to disasters and crisis in a person's life and just makes it worse.
    At times i think that i'm atheist, not because i don't believe in my religion but because i think that it would be a lot easier not to believe in a religion.

14. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

I dunno. Maybe a Muslim "translated" a part so that in the future christianity will fall?

It's good to read the bible. To Bible beat: Getz a life, guyz. *Not neccessarily meant at Chev. He already clarified his posts aren't a personal attack on my posts. His reasons, however, for bashing Catholicism when that's pretty much being taken care of here already...-___-....isn't exactly clear ta me.*

EDIT: I admit to the "Go to Confession, do it all again afterwards" deal. 'Cept I knew a bit more about the church, which is more than just a book not actually written by God, but instead by men, so I stopped early on.

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

the sunday isn't the true day of worship...thats why...look at this.

they tried to unite pagan culture with christianity, and look...catholic church was changed to what it is now.

now i'm not bashing on catholics....i'm just saying...and no, i don't bible beat i just study a bit....because i'm christian.

though i guess i'm christian and agnostic or soft agnostic....

16. KHfanatic4life Destiny Islands Resident

yeah satan was regarded as the Dragon (Read Revelation in the BIBLE) it talks about the Mark of the Beast and the Deciever aka: Antichrist (but some people believe that there are different definitions of antichrist**
    If you read on through Revelation it talks about the downfall of the Beast and Satan (dragon) where Satan or Devil tries to fight God and his angels in heaven but doesn't suceed and gets locked in a dark pit for a 1,000 years until he's released to wreak havoc against God one last time.. and still doesn't suceed...

17. Chevalier Crystal Princess

yes, but he's just left in earth....alone with his angels and no human to tempt thats why he's "imprisoned"

18. KHfanatic4life Destiny Islands Resident

yes that's true but i don't understand why Satan would try to overthrow God in the first place.. i have tried looking through the Bible trying to see why but i guess even Angels have evil in their hearts?:blink:

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well....no one knows for sure but satan himself, eh?

20. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

The same reason many empires have changed due to the assult of the leader by a lesser power.