Religion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheFerg, May 25, 2008.

?

Well?

1. Christian - Other

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Christian - Catholic

40 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Agnostic

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Atheist

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Mormon

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Muslim

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Protestant

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Scientologist

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Taoist

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  12. Wiccan

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  13. other

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. 778MasterMarluxia Twilight Town Denizen

I am GOD. worship me. I am the new prophet of enlightment.

2. TheKingdomCame Traverse Town Homebody

I am Christian, but I don't go to church. the way I see it, organized religion is way too corruptible, and so I worship Jesus privately. I also believe in the Bible not as a 100% completely true text, but as a metaphorical document. I don't believe in Hell, because it doesn't make sense when you look at the teachings of Jesus. I believe that everyone has a chance to be saved, and the truly wicked aren't tortured for eternity, they just cease to exist. And most importantly, I don't evangelize. I think that evangelism is the most sinful thing a Christian can do, because you're telling someone else how to live their life. In truth, I only want Jesus to tell me how to live.

3. axel_respect Destiny Islands Resident

I am an atheist, i do not look down on any religion, I know all the causes why someone would be religious and I accept them. Alot of my friends are religious and I think nothing of it, for most religions just inspire good behaviour.

When i am asked if I go to church, I say no. I have no need of a god to give me direction or to draw strength from. I am capable of living my life without a higher power in it.

But any one that does beleive in a god, i deeply respect you and would never ask you to reconsider your beleifs

sorry for any spelling errors

4. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

(I'm atheist)

I totally agree, that's how I feel. Even though I don't have faith in any religion I think it's still a good thing for people if they choose to be religious.

lol I was on Funorb, a Jagex gaming site, and in one of the game's lobbies there was an epic religios debate... even though it was a game site... But there's only so much someone can say in a lobby where each thing you say can only be a line long

Wicca's an interesting religion though, and one I like

5. TheKingdomCame Traverse Town Homebody

yeah. most of my family is REALLY religious, to the point where they try to pin their values on other people. at that point, I just leave. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, it's kind of stupid to believe that everyone HAS to believe the same way you do, or else they suffer for eternity. I might tell someone why I believe in Jesus, but I'd rather kill myself than spout that 'one way' stuff that most Christians do so easily. It's like people think its a contest, to see how many people you can make believe in your religion, and honestly, it makes me sick.

6. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm Athiest, big deal... One time I got punched for saying that, even though I respected his religious belifes.

Yes, i belive in evolution because even look at dogs, they came from wolves
    and compare a Minature Poodle and a wolf a lot of similarities and a lot of differences. Sorta like Monkies and Humans.

But no one really knows what happens when you die, I just don't see our soul going to some magical cloudy place where all your dreams come true. Or some burning terrible land called hell where all your nightmares come true.

So live your life for the best, have fun and make others better! Just don't rely on some mythical place called heaven to make everything perfect when your dead.

And world peace is for the best, you may be sent to war and you could die or end someone else life when they had a wonderful family going for them until some leader decides to enter war because they want something or don't respect others values.

7. Emika Merlin's Housekeeper

Christian Catholic :33 You should see how much religious images/statues we have

8. Juicy Chaser

Athiest and I don't think I'll ever change. I'm not a fan of religion.

9. Ven? Traverse Town Homebody

I'm catholic

10. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

Blasphemy! Chuck Norris is God.

11. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I'm a Christian straight up.I don't care what religion people are.As long as they do not b**** at people for their religion.

12. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

I am an Episcopalian, which is a form of christianity.

13. Sara Tea Drinker

I believe in god, but I don't do any religion.

Neither does my mom, my dad is a devout Evangelical, right wing as far as you can get without going completely insane and that's what drove me and my mom from religion.

14. Arcantress King's Apprentice

Baptist Christian.

And loving it. :)

15. Cody Chaser

Your religion is the absence of a religion, what?

16. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Catholic. Nobody would have guessed that 'bout me, righ'? *sarcasm*

I'm a devout, but the only thing I don't really support is people being Gay is a sin and that they shouldn't be allowed in Church. That's a bit much. I mean, why not just refuse Euchurist or something? Euchurist is major to Catholics I know, but not being allowed to church is a sin in itself on the people who hold contempt in their hearts.

I'm not Gay. Just let me put that out there. But I believe any people not allowed to church is wrong. And everyone wonders why religion is stupid? It's because of the things the make it wrong. *Cough-not stupid*

Also, let me put it out there: I didn't realize there were that many Catholics on here! o.0 More than Aethists so far, and I really thought the debate corner was ruled...er- "Majoritized" by Aethists....*nervous chuckle*

17. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm Catholic Christian :D

I think the same way :O

I mean, sure, they can't have a true marriage in church (man and woman thing), but that doesn't mean they should be exiled from the church all together D:

18. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Yeah. About 7 months ago we wouldn't have agreed on this issue, let me tell you. But, this site has let me see a kind of light. Not a light I want to follow, exactly, but a light every Catholic should at least acknowledge as OK. Even then, in that world, there probably wouldn't be any Gay Marriages in Catholic churches; I dunno...it'd probably take another 2,000 years or so for that...>>....<<....

19. Cody Chaser

Then you are not a Catholic, since it's not what you believe. :/

20. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

White or Black? And no, not a racial issue. I am reffering to the fact there are both White and Black Wiccans. Whites use their "powers" for good and in defense of Black Magic. Black Wiccans cast curses, hexes, and jinxes on people and such. Although, all is but a bit of a fantasy part of the religion either way. Not to bash Wiccans or anything. At least the Whites are peace-loveing. Oh...and also just because you don't believe everything the Church believes doesn't make you a Wiccan or even an Aethists, btw. If that's why you were considering.

In that case, I'd be a Wiccan already, because you are well aware of my views, Fearless, on the Gay community, and I read the Harry Potter Series. Would you be surprised the series was sanctioned "tainting" by the church because of the "Magic arts" generally the "black arts" in particular in this case. I dunno if it was Pope John Paul the II, rest his soul, or the current Pope Benedict the XVI who was against it. I'm pretty sure it was the latter, but I think he changed his views on that.