Religion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheFerg, May 25, 2008.

?

Well?

1. Christian - Other

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Christian - Catholic

40 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Agnostic

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Atheist

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Mormon

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Muslim

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Protestant

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Scientologist

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Taoist

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  12. Wiccan

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  13. other

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

People like that annoy me so much. For me, it's like...how can you go to church on Sundays and not live like a Christian? It doesn't make any sense to me. *shrugs*

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i'm atheist but i dont' look down on ppl who have a religion, except for those crazy ppl who use their religion as an excuse to justify doing something bad

3. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

religion isn't only about going to church...its about principals and ideas...

4. kixette Merlin's Housekeeper

wow for u... the way u live is good just be like that... my friend is a crhistian too and he said visit the curch made him calm and save... maybe people go to the curch to make them feel save i guess...

5. Amber PLUR

I don't believe in religion. I believe in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, without the hinderences of the silly cerimonies and rules that mean absolutly nothing. Just because you wear jeans to church does not mean you're gonna go to hell.

6. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I'm a Christain. I go to church on Sundays if I have time and I go to church groups every other wednesday. Personally, I believe that religion is good. I mean, sure it can cause many arguments and racial problems, but that's just because of what people in the world think. I personally believe that religion is what people believe, and you can't stop someone from believing in something. As a Christain, I believe that God created the world and sent Jesus down to earth to show us the right direction to go. I know many people think it's silly that somebody just created the world by saying "Let there be light!" And such, but I believe it could be true. Of course, there's no way to be certain how the world was really created, but I was born a Christain and I believe that God created everything. Seriously, religion isn't really stupid if you think about it. It can actually make people very happy, and if the people on this planet would just realize that it's stupid to be rascist against other religions, then maybe it would be a more peaceful topic...

And Amber, I wear jeans to church every day... nobody at my church dresses up O_o

7. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Agreed. Christianity (along with other religions) is more a of system of belief. Your beliefs control your lifestyle.

I could not agree more. I personally don't wear jeans to church, but other people do. I have nothing against it...I don't think it's a sin. But I do like to think that people can dress in nicer clothes when they go to church to worship God.

8. Amber PLUR

Some churches got mad and looked at me funny when I would wear jeans and all the other girls were in dresses...

At my current church, I go in a tank top and jeans and no one gives a second thought.

9. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I would rather not have that blessing thank you very much. Ever think to ask people's permission before asking for them to be blessed or praying for them? tsk tsk

And it is not doubt. It is pure disbelief. It is taking the evidence which we have and deducting that there is no God, and having the willpower and strength of being to admit it.

I repeat, atheism all the way. (Even though I disagree with the word, atheism sounds too negative and evil [work of the church, which also made femininity evil via paganism so as to make men dominate] )

10. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Technically, I'm a non-practicing Christian. I still try to be a good person but I refuse going to church. I disagree with most of the entire bible and the idea of an all-seeing, always right, all knowing god. I had several crises of faith that came with several severe emotional breakdowns.

People can practice what thy will. I'm just very bitter towards most everything.

11. awsomonium Merlin's Housekeeper

My Preferences

I, myself, am atheiest. There are some religions that I support and some I don't. If I was gonna choose a religion I would choose Budism, because its pretty selfless and as i understand it it's about finding inner happiness, not through all the materialistic crap thats out there but by living a productive life that doesn't effect other negitively, my best friends mum is a budist and she's quite honestly the nicest person i've ever met. There are some religions that i don't like at all. Take the Palistinions and and isralelies for example, they were tearing each other apart over land, yet there own religion said love thy neibour, totally hypocritical.

12. Repliku Chaser

I don't really like the word 'Atheism' to describe how I feel about religion either but any other term means you either are questioning God's existence or you are not of a group of religions that follow God but likely do beileve in it somewhat. So I guess we are stuck with it. It makes it seem like we have a religion when really we don't. Someday I have hopes we could take back the meaning of 'non-religious' to mean what it says in English which is you have no religious belief. I'm not against God. I just don't believe in it.

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Alright calm down. It was a compliment (kinda) and i'm sure it was said with no offence.

No relegious war please, that's been and done and the outcome was not pretty for either side.

14. Repliku Chaser

It's not violence he's mentioning here. He's not starting a fight. He's raising an issue that Atheists don't like to be 'blessed' because they don't believe in sins or blessings. We let people continuously force Bibles into our hands and don't believe so if someone simply says they don't want the blessing, they don't. We just want acceptance. It means one thing to you to receive someone's blessing through a deity and to others it means something entirely different. To understand that is acceptance and harmony. To say it incites war is to try to tell people to shut up and one side shouldn't be quiet when the other is still forcing their beliefs on them.

Also, there hasn't been a real war fought against Atheists vs Christians straight out ever. Atheists don't want a war and I would assume most Christians don't either. Even Evangelical Protestants sit around and just pray that God will smite Atheists. No one really wants to go to war over beliefs in such a fashion. There has been persecution and heck, George Bush has said straight out Atheists shouldn't be recognized as American citizens and Huckabee gave a nice speech on amending the Constitution to put 'God into it' as he says, when he was in the candidacy. Still, others of both sides have kept remarkable peace and not started wars over things. We all are 'talking' mostly. I can commend that one simple fact which is no one seems to really want to fight a war based over it even if some wish the problems would ultimately disappear. People are going about it as peacefully as they can.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Look I was just sayin, I didn't mean their would be an actual war or anything like that, it's just people seem to jump down other people's throats when people say 'god bless you' or any other relegious phrase, i'm just sayin that it was not worth commenting.

16. Noise For Love and Justice

im catholic (woop) but im not the kinda thats like

CONVERT! OR DIE!!!!

i love other religons (and those who dont have a religon)

i just think everyone should belive or not belive what they want

wow i must be the black sheep in my church xDD​

17. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm agnostic. I've only now just discovered this. I used to think I was atheist but then I started thinking and realized that I'm agnostic.

18. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

im a born again christian.....

19. Chelsla xD Moogle Assistant

Technically, if you're Athiest, you just believe there is no god. To not believe in religion at all would be Agnostic.

Just thought I'd help you out a bit there. :)

20. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Agnostic means that you think that it isn't possible to prove if there is a god or there isn't. They believe in the great Maybe xD