Religion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheFerg, May 25, 2008.

?

Well?

1. Christian - Other

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Christian - Catholic

40 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Agnostic

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Atheist

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Mormon

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Muslim

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Protestant

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Scientologist

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Taoist

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  12. Wiccan

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  13. other

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Well the thing is, (and I agree with you, im just saying something to support you...-I think) that some people call themselves atheist when they are really agnostic...like in a time of high stress they'll pray to some kind of god to help them...
    (I know that because that happens to me)

I used to be part of the religion Jehovah's Witnesses (Christian). I was born into it in fact. I guess I'm more agnostic than atheist (see my other post) because knowing a God is up there is all I have/had, but at the same time, I question if one exists...confusing, yes, but if you were in my head you would get it, XD

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i voted atheist but can someone tell me what agnostic means?

3. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    i am catholic but rarely get to go to church because i can't go wensdays because it lasts till 1:00 a.m. on thursday but i usally go sundays in the summer and wendsdays also in the summer
    idk but i was raised to be a Cristian but i guess if somebody was smart enough they could build a time machine or something

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Mormon should be considered "Christian - Other", it's a form of Christianity (I think). And so is Protestant.
    I'm Catholic, but I don't go to church often and I swear, etc. etc.

5. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
    2: a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

6. kixette Merlin's Housekeeper

same here... our religion is ours don't bother with others 'cause we appreciate their own decision ^^

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh i had no idea, thx. guess i'm still atheist

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

Technically, I'm catholic lol.
    Aside the fact that i don't go to church often...

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm tecnihcally Taoist (really is Daoist, but you can't argue with a poll) at the moment.
    I'm not sure whether it is my true 'way' since most of the daoist stuff I can learn are from books (which aren't great with no teacher to explain half the stuff) I will probably move on to something different, but for now, i'm a follower of Dao. :D

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I know what you mean. I suppose I'm like that too. But to be completely honest I don't believe in Hell as a place we go if we've been particularly evil. I believe in Heaven but just a place that God lives. I know the people in the 11th century made Hell up to scare people to go to Church and do good.

11. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I'M CHRISTIAN ADVENTIST AND I'M PROUD BABY!!!! :)

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

oh, yeah, Hell doesnt exist

Hell will happen, but tecnically it doesnt exist

and its good to see other adventist people here

13. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm technically Catholic, it's the way I was raised, but I'm not exactly what you'd call a devout follower. I rarely go to church (Around twice a year, Easter and Christmas), and I don't agree with a lot of what the church says. But even with all this, if someone were to insult my religion, I'd be angry, and I say something when people assume things that aren't truth about Catholicism. It's odd. I don't agree with the Catholic religion very much, but I still have pride that I am Catholic. Anyone else feel this way?

14. len Gummi Ship Junkie

glad to see there are other Muslims in this form ^_^

we do appreciate there own decision

15. NeoJecht Twilight Town Denizen

it is not we believe in christ ,holy ghost, and heavenly father

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm not like that but I know what you mean. I don't know a single person who agrees with every single thing in their religion, I surely don't and you don't have to go to church to be Catholic. People go their to worship God with others in a house of the Lord.

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Very true. I normally just like to tell people I'm atheist, but that's only because that's the only way to properly describe my feelings toward the subject. Not because I have a loathe towards religion, but because I simply cannot trust it. lol I had a gf once whose parents thought I was the epitome of evil because I wasn't Evangelical. -_-

18. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I'll have to to say that I'm an Atheist. No, I'm not an Atheist because it's suddenly seen as a trend among the teenagers. I've pondered on God and religions for a long time, and I chose to be Atheist after much consideration and understanding. Me being a Muslim prior to this has -nothing- to do with me not believing in God. Religion, to me, it seems, that it's nothing but a set of rules created by man to put man into order. I do not believe in God, the Devil, hell, nor heaven, however I do believe that there are spirits, and there are souls. Nirvana, bliss and peace can be reached, but it depends on the being.

19. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I am a Christian, and I'm proud of it. I don't just say I'm a Christian, I actually live like a Christian. It's not just something I do on Sundays, it's my life.

20. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

And I applaud you for that, far too many (most of the christians I know) are Sunday Christians. Thinking that going to church on a sunday makes them good people xD

I myself am a staunch Atheist, verging on militant atheism =3