Chain of Memories Re-posted: Anyone else actually feel Sorry for Repliku?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by P, Mar 3, 2008.

1. P Banned

Well?

I think that he is the worst off character in KH.

Time to go over his history.

Repliku started life as a clone. He never had any life, like Riku did, or the Org did. (or Roxas did, through Sora) he started off lwith the knowledge he was a clone. He took a distinctly Riku-ish stance to this consoling himself with the thought that he was stronger than Riku. He then fights Riku, and looses. Not much more than a bruised ego, most people would say, but it was one of the few things keeping him from despair.

Next, he goes upstairs with Vexen, and gets told his memory will be erased, and he will be made to fight Sora. He refuses, and Larxane takes a sadistic pleasure in knocking him out, and reforming his memories to suit them.

He fights Sora a fair few times, over Namine. He starts to get confused about their memories, but says nothing. He then beats Sora, and goes to claim his prize, when the most important one in his life shatters his twisted heart.

He revives, with the knowledge he is a clone. He saves Sora from Murluxia, then Sora asks Namine to restore Repliku's memory. She brushed it off with a "it is not that simple" then devoted a year to fixing up Sora, not turning a hair about Repliku.

Repliku, in a desperate attempt for self purpose, and a way to distinguish himself from the original, absorbs Zexion's power, then goes to fight Riku. He explains his predicament, and attacks Riku. He is beaten, and as he talks to Riku, he is told that his heart will go to the same place Riku's will. He fades into darkness.

So, a recap:

Fights Riku, looses.

Gets memory erased.

Gets memory crushed.

Revives, goes after Riku.

Gets body crushed.

He never leaves castle Oblivion, and lives for less that a month. During that time, his heart is screwed with more times than Sora's! He also actually has a heart, so is not immune to feeling, like the nobodies.

Roxas has a happy ending. Repliku is swept out of the way, like one of oogie boogie's inventions gone wrong.

Who else agrees with me?

Who disagrees? I want some intelligent discussion!

2. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

But yah... Repliku got screwed with pretty bad. But if you feel sorry for him, you gotta feel sorry for Org XIII.

3. Dawn King's Apprentice

I feel sorry for Repliku since he was used by the Organization. Larxene, Vexen, and Axel actually wounded him in some form.

4. Unknownkid Traverse Town Homebody

I agree with you. Just imagining if you'd be Repliku at that time yourself... will let you know how it feels being used and in the end, getting destroyed without having any 'happy' moments in his short life. Org. XIII should've created hundrets of clones of themselves instead of one Riku Replica xD

5. P Banned

No, I don't.

The Org decided to loose their hearts. At least, the first few did, and I suspect the rest did too, but I have no proof of that.

Anyway, the org cannot feel. They were unfeeling, and were unable to be emotionally hurt. Repliku had a heart, and it was mangled and played with in every way imaginable. It got broken, changed, you name it, chances are it happened to his heart.

Repliku may have done some bad things, but almost all were a product of his ruined heart. Also, he never was as cold and calculating as the org. At the end, he even disposed of another Murluxia clone.

One last thing, the Org's lifespan was huge, compared to Repliku. 50% of the Org's life may have been heartless, but 98% of Repliku's life was following fake memories, and being miserable. The 2% was at the start, where Repliku seemed happy enough to battle Riku, and he was the spitting image of Riku.

Pretty much I would say he is what Riku could have ended up like.

6. Hyuga Ricdeau Merlin's Housekeeper

The one that made me feel sorry for him is the way Vexen and Axel used him. :<

7. Black Sinner Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, Repliku got the short end of the stick when it came down to happy endings, and was pretty much emotionally manipulated till the bitter end.

8. Ampex Gummi Ship Junkie

You stop feeling sorry for him after the 4th Sora vs Repliku battle.

9. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Maybe you forgot. He took the initiative at the end. He was fully aware he was a clone, and he had a massive amount of energy built up. Did he opt to leave, and attempt to live his own life? No he opted to take on Riku.

Riku killed him in self defence. But Repliku did start the event that led to his demise. Not Riku. I still feel sorry for him, but he chose his own path... it got him killed.

10. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

um...I dont think Repliku had a heart...if the Org created repliku, and they created him strong enough to have a heart, they couldn't make themselves hearts becauseeeee?

I kind of felt sorry for repliku, he looked sad at the end of Sora's story...he was like riku gone wrong...
    "Im going to try to beat the darkness in my heart" -Riku
    "Im going to try to beat the one who copies me" -Repliku: he viewed riku as the phony, not himself

Riku wins...repliku gets owned...so sad...

11. Daydreamer

It's started that the replica of Riku was completed recently. Maybe Vexen made him as a test?
    I forgot or don't know the reason why Vexen made Repliku in the first place.

12. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

But what if... Repliku did win the match, and then absorbed Riku's memories thus absorbing Xehanorts Heartless, and then going on to defeat Xehanorts heartless himself. And no one would ever know the difference becasue he looks just like him!

I'll let Arnold explain what happens!

13. P Banned

He did pick his ending, but it was his way of feeling whole. He had a gaping maw where his sense of being was. Could you really imagine that he would go out, and live a nice life as a farmer? Also, Axel manipulated him near the end too. He told Repliku that he would be complete if he killed Riku.

As to the person who said "by the time you get to Sora V.S. Repliku 4, you stop feeling Sorry for him" on the contrary, you only start to feel for him then, and in Riku's story, when you kill him. I understand that to fight him is a pain, but after the battle, you think about what you just did.

Repiku does have a heart, otherwise he would not have suffered from Namine, and her heart twisting.

As for what would have happened, he would have accepted Xehanort's heartless, perhaps become a pawn of him, etc.

Also, the thing about Riku being the copy, that was tough guy talk.

Repliku would not try to take Sora's role. He would probably flee, making his way in the world somehow. Perhaps he would venture after Kingdom hearts, or try to stop the org.

But the fact is, he didn't. He was created purely to prove a problem to Riku, but he was not a mere heartless, but a real copy, of Riku. Not mechanical, but a copy, of Riku. He wa not a nobody, he had a heart. He was a clone of Riku that was given no chance to find his own way, but he tried to anyway.

Even if all of the above is proven false, I can fall back on one simple statement. The Org chose their state, and suffered for it. He had no choice. Even those who were taken by the heartless had a life before that. He was created into a battle.

14. Repliku Chaser

I did feel bad for Repliku...which well, is why I took the nick here. He seemed to have had it the worst out of everyone in the game. Riku and Roxas were close, but really, Repliku was doomed to begin with.

Really, I don't blame Sora or Riku either for what happened to Repliku. Riku did try to console him and Sora did try to be a true friend to him despite learning he was not his friend all along.

He was created not to be a problem to Riku, but more to Sora. Riku would not cooperate and aid the Org and was a problem of his own. The Riku Replica was meant to be a distraction to Sora and fill in a memory gap and cause confusion. In the end, Vexen probably would have wanted to eliminate Riku too but they had their minds on getting Sora more because he was the Keyblader and though Riku was extraordinary in his own right and "the hero of darkness' to them, they knew with how volatile he was there, he'd never cooperate.

I think Namine though was really cold about it. Even after he saves her life and fends off Marluxia, she never bothered to say sorry to him, even though Sora was nice. She also said she could do nothing for him to clear the memories of Riku's that were not his own and still he did not earn an apology. She messed him up more than Sora which I believe was partially how Axel could convince Repliku that taking on Riku would end the problem once and for all, so that the memories really would be his. Namine did help Riku some at the end but did not bother helping Repliku really at all but to sit with him while Sora ran off to be a hero.

Repliku though did make his own choices, but as we saw with Riku, when someone turns to Darkness too much, they are no longer really so in control of themselves. Though he did not have a 'real' Heart, there is comment that he had a synthetic one that duplicated Riku's. This Heart, though perhaps not real (though I kind of debate it cuz how do you have fake feelings), was enough to get him to return back to existing and go after Marluxia and keep his promise to Namine, even though he knew the promise was fake. He had a very strong willpower, but the Org were what broke him, including Namine.

I think the worst scene with Repliku that made me feel bad for the character was when they were talking of giving him the memories of Riku and he utterly was against it and he fought but Larxene kicked him and he just yells out and it fades to black. The other scene was when he told Sora that it does not take someone who is real to see how real Sora's friendship is' or something like that. The scene where he dies too was sad. I think had he just been able to escape the Castle Oblivion and left there, Repliku may have been okay but he was rather trapped there or did not know how to get out. Then again, the Org probably would have hunted him down because he was pretty potent in power and knew secrets of the Org, though limited.

15. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

F*** you Organization XIII! Repliku had a heart and you didn't care about him. He rocked! He could kick your butts all the way to Mulan's world!

16. P Banned

Oh good, Repliku has come to defend his namesake. (Annoyingly though, I have never battled against Repliku the poster. We seem to have the same opinions!)

But yeah. Repliku may not even know how to get out. Consider it. If he was made by Vexen, he would be considered the Org's property, and if he tried to leave, Namine would just keep sending the "I love Namine, I will save her" message.

When Namine finally was free from the Org's orders, Axel picks up Repliku and brainwashes him into hunting Riku.

I would say Repliku was made to fight Riku. Consider it. He was only taken upstairs after fighting Riku. If he was made to kill Sora, his memory would be altered to the "I love Namine" style before he was given control of his body.

Repliku was not pure evil, like a few of the org, but he was very confused. He was tainted by darkness, had his heart twisted, and so on and so on.

17. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow, when you put it that way, I feel extremely sorry for him. I kinda just thought he was a jerk before, but now *tear, tear* I am sad for him.

18. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

He was made as an experiment by Vexen, with no real purpose than to see if Vexen could do it. He was activated before Vexen knew Namine could manipulate Riku's memories as well, thats why he wasnt already programmed into I love Namine.

19. P Banned

One theory shot down...

But when Repliku was taken upstairs, everyone seemed scepticle. Surely all that would have been done before?

Pretty much the new theory of mine is that when taken upstairs, it seemed as if they did not know about him.

Whatever his cause, it doesn't really change the outcome.

20. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Thats because Vexen did the experiment on his own. Also, Marluxia and Larxene were affraid that they could use Repliku for an Anti Sora... thats why they were affraid of Repliku.

Marluxia knew that if Repliku would take on Sora heads up, Sora could take it out, but if Repliku was helped, like if Vexen, Zexion, and Lex got involved, then Sora would be doomed. So Marluxia ordered Vexen to make Repliku take on Sora. Sora being the idiot incapable of losing, wins, making Vexen experiment look like a failure.

When in fact it was a success since the real Riku lost too Sora the same way. But Marluxia still plays the idea that Repliku was a failiure to eliminate Vexen. Thus tilting the tide towards the rebels.

Basically, Marluxia used Repliku as a pawn to make Vexen look bad so he had an excuse to eliminate him.

Later, Axel uses Repliku as a pawn to eliminate Zexion. I dont recall Axel manipulating Repliku into eliminating Riku. I thought Repliku came up with the idea on his own to eliminate Riku.

Either way... once he choose to take on Riku, his fate was sealed.