RE:COM confirmed for PS2

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Catch the Rain, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Hey guys, just to let you know that Square have now confirmed that RE:COM is definitely making it's way to the PS2 later this year in the US. Thanks to both DogboyX and demochick25 for this information.

On the downside loves it looks like there will be no FM attached to this. Also no mention of a European release, but I doubt they would leave us in the dark.

Source: Square-Enix and Kotaku

-EDIT-

The official site is also up and running. While not completely finished, however. CLICK HERE to view it!!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Catch the Rain, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Oh snap, I forgot about those cards too. I sure they will, well hopefully. 4 things that is on my mind about this

1] Edit scenes? I want them to not edit some of the scenes, Cause some of the death of Org members look cool and if they edit it out, I be pissed!

2]The Voice actors for mainly Zexion, and Marluxia. but i also want to see the others too like Larxene, and Vexen(I hated his laugh, infact i dont like Vexen at all, just want to see who his voice actor) Lexaeus(I do like him he was awesome too).

3]If there will be theater mode feature like the JP version.

4]The KHII Org Member cards they added in ReCoM in the Jp version, and The extra KHII Keyblades Cards too like they did in ReCoM in the Jp version..maybe change my thoughts how about they dont change nothing and bring it be with everything english like the cards, Menu, and voice acting and Subtitles, and Bubble scenes in english haha.
    2. axel90
      axel90
      Yes, North Americans use the NTSC versions where as Europeans use the PAL version.
    3. Fansara
      Fansara
      The NA Square Enix is the one translating this...if I'm right. So they should release it over in Europe. I mean they did with KH and KHII, and they don't nessecarily hate Europe that much if they did that.

Oh well. Atleast it's a definate "maybe". I'll still be watching all the cutscenes when they're up on here~
    4. Suzume
      Suzume
      First of all, SQUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Secondly, I have worries about English Re:CoM:

1. Edits. I would be severely ticked off if they tried to edit stuff out. I don't see why they can't leave it as it is and just up the rating a bit. That said, I haven't played Re:CoM in Japanese so I probably won't be able to tell the difference. ^^'

2. Voice actors. The only ones I'm concerned about are Sora, DiZ, and the new Organization members. I really want Christopher Lee back to play DiZ (his voice is AWESOME, never ceases to scare the living daylights out of me). I don't know what they intend to do about Sora, since his voice actor is so much older now. I wouldn't mind if they picked a different VA to play him for Re:CoM, but they'd better pick someone decent. As for the Organization members...well, I hope they find some good VAs for them.
    5. X77
      X77
      No way this is the best thing ever, I finished the COM on the GBA but it didn't feel the same as the first game so I have hopes for this one
    6. libregkd
    7. Number13Roxas
      Number13Roxas
      Holy Crap that's true... Awesome!
    8. Roxas24Sora
      Roxas24Sora
      Ooo....Emmm....Geeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ...............................................................................................
      It's already on my Christmas list.:D

I went to a site and they said Haley was still playing Sora. They must have made voice overs before KH2, just incase they were to make this game for the USA....
    9. Clawtooth
      Clawtooth
      We don't know exactly when Soar's voice broke so maybe it brok before KH: COM. I will kill SE if this doen't come out in Europe. I would've posted sooner but I was reclused reading Brisingr ^_^.
    10. Suzume
      Suzume
      Ah, good to know they've got the same voice actors. It wouldn't surprise me if they really had recorded all the voices ages ago...though if they did that, they had better have the same VAs for the characters we see in KH2 (Axel, Namine, DiZ). I can't honestly see them changing Axel's voice actor, but if they recorded it before they did casting for KH2 (and FFVII:AC, since Quinton Flynn was Reno's VA as well)...
    11. libregkd
    12. Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      I'd Lol on that one.

Wouldnt they think if CoM would of been release on Ps2 instead of GBA Before KHII than. It would save Square Enix ALOT of work.

Basically CoM was release on GBA cause Nomura heard overseas that KH fans wanted it to be on GBA or some other handheld system, and ReCoM was thought of soon after the Release of KHII, so its impossible that it was thought of before KHII

Lol.
    13. ~NamineSanctuary~
      ~NamineSanctuary~
      What!? KH ReCom: Chain of Memories is releasing in NA? DUUUUDE!

Why didn't anyone tell me?! :D
      LOL!
    14. Ventez
      Ventez
      Sweet!! I've been waiting for this for a long time!!!
    15. 5f4hhkz
      5f4hhkz
      LOL true...ive been waitin this for this game for about.......................3 weeks cuz thats when i heared about it commin out for US.......Japan version was still fun.
    16. Zexion
      Zexion
      Wow... a good news ^^
      i'd like to hear Zexion's Voice ^^
      is it Yuri Lowenthal or some Expert ^^?
    17. axel90
      axel90
      I wonder when we'll see screenshots.
    18. libregkd
    19. Suzume
      Suzume
      On that note, do you think they'll have any trailers between now and December? I doubt they would since it comes out so soon, but who knows.
    20. MasterNightmare
      MasterNightmare
      LOL! probably....
      who knows... they'll probably just take the Jap Screenies and edit the text if needed....maybe take a few snapshots while translating and possibly adding (if they add more)

if they edit anything, i'd just beat it, get 100% journal, and leave it alone and go back to my Jap Re:Com
      for the voice actors.... i dont mind really, as long as vexen sounds like he's on crack, larxene sounds spoiledish, zexion is kind emo... and lexaeus sounds like a ROCK MONSTER! (lol, chowder joke!)and marluxia sounds like a fruity king! ... sounds like a drink! ....*shudders*