Rap Music Than And Now

Discussion in 'Music' started by woodstockfootball26, Aug 22, 2012.

1. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

This thread is sorta mostly based on how rap/hiphop music is pretty much based around different things since when it first originated. First, I believe that when hiphop or rap first showed up in the 50s or 60s, it was really set on the aspect of teens or adults with hopes and dreams, or having a good time with women and ones they didnt cheat on, or have multiple partners with.
    These songs were all clean, and now just listen too a like 30 second segment of this song:
    Current rap music is pretty much chaotic beats and words about drugs alcohol and $ex, and that is starting too shape our culture. I was just wondering if there's anyone out there who sees where I'm coming from, and agrees with me. I don't too offend anyone's type of music or style by this thread, but bear with me.

2. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I mean that's that Young Money BS and those whack clowns on the Radio. If you ever heard of Slaughterhouse(The Rap Super-group) and the newest Bad Meets Evil Album(Hell the Sequel) that's not so true.

I do get what you are saying though cause I stopped listing to the radio for a good 4-5yrs now cause its all the same bs over and over again. Its just straight up garbo, trash, no sense, just about them, gas, cars, more gas, lovely gunz, that clown ass swag, pants sagging down, snap backs, more cars, and for some reason gas has made its way up there. So depending on who you listen to all of that weak ish will be heard. Raw actual hip-hop get into that Slaughter man the illest 4 headed monster out period.

3. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah dude, Slaughter house and Eminem just came out with a raw new song called throwthat:
    It's so raw. But we can't loose sight of where it originated, it started from an african culture i believe. Its crazy how all this has changed into what rap is now.

4. 61 No. B

i never liked rap and never will. i certainly agree with what you said about it having a negative influence on our culture. and suffice it to say that were it not for those dreadful lyrics my opinion of rap may not be so abysmal.

5. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I love that song too I just didn't think it would be right to put that up cause of what you said. Too bad they're too nice so the song is still nuts.

You know what's weird they say even when blacks were slaves rhyming words with other words started at that time. As I said before below it all depends on who you listen to. And actual understand what the lyrics mean and how sick, and amazing like they spitting that insane flow.

6. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

I'm trying too be a hypocrite or anything, but I agree. It is amazing how the "rap culture" grew just from something so little.

7. Skyru Destiny Islands Resident

I personally believe era isn't a factor, there was good hip hop then and there is now. Still some really cool and interesting new groups like Death Grips around these days.

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

I think this can change that:

Anyway, I do understand where you're coming from, and agree that the rap on the radio is less than pleasant, but not ALL rap is like that, similar to how all country songs aren't about the good ole ranch, and how not all pop songs are repeats god each other.

If you dig deep enough into any genre, its possible to find an artist that can revolutionize your perception of that type of music and make you reevaluate your opinion of it.