No Thanks Raising the Rep Needed for Premium

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by reptar, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I was in a convo not too long ago n' the members were askin' for rep. One of the members present was staff. They never said/did anythin' to object. I think that staff member repp'd 'em. xD

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Ya i have to agree there.
    Whats the rep. without the actual reputation that comes with it.The Gems are worth nothing unless you've got the respect of the people who give them to you.I'm glad to say i earned my reputation besides asking for it.

3. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Names or it didn't happen. xD

Well, I hope the staff aren't hypocritical.

4. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Lol, not on the forum.

I think most staff are fair when it comes to rep, in terms of punishin' etc, but this was just silly. xD

5. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Hmm, if they asked some Rep (A thing that can't be discussed) how they get Rep points ? X3

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

The person just reps 'em. We aren't meant to request rep. It's meant to be given by free will for a post that you like/thought was funny etc. Not for "Hi! Joe Blogs reps you! Rep back!' That would be whorin'.

7. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Yeah, I know. Exactly like the de-rep whoring...
    However, I think that the Users need to have at least 200 points to become premmy. It's reasonable

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

true that, mofos kept bugging me on MSN to give them rep and i was like "get it yourself" and then i was like "fine" so i derepped and they were mad, lol. and i was like "you never said which rep". because of stuff like that, i can see why people might wna raise the requirements but raising the requirements will just increase this.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It doesn't matter if it's raised or not. People will whore. Rep has no meanin' anymore.

If someone asks you to rep 'em then simply PM an admin.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea i suppose. anyways, what's the punishment for asking for rep? i'm just curious what happens. back on topic, i would say no to raising the requirements myself, just simply because there's no point. it would really give no benefits, nor will it really hurt anyone but it's just pointless.

11. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think it's first a verbal warnin'. If you persist it's rep removed. Then it might be a warnin' n' more rep removed.

I'd have to agree. By the time you reach 1000 posts you should have been here long enough to get the rep.

12. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

I think you have done well. It's called "Reputation" because it's given when someone deserves it. I don't think for example that a normal person can become a the the president of the USA just telling to the people "Please fellow citizens, vote me!" :xp: However, back on topic...

13. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I remember when 3 rep gems was the equivalent to 12 rep gems. x3 Yeah. That's how sacred rep was.

14. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I remember when getting your SECOND gem was a huge deal xD

Rep doesn't mean half as much as it used to and it is hugely whored now.

It's a shame but there isn't a lot we can do about it.

I don't see the point in raising the rep requirement for prem. As has already been stated, it wont stop whoring from happening. Besides, there are some members who genuinely earnt their premship fairly from the rep they gained and I don't think it would be fair to demote them as a result of other members having their rep rocketing.

I remember having my premship taken off me the last time the requirements were bumped up. Some people have still never regained their premship since then.

I dislike the idea of raising the req for prem again in any form. It isn't fair on those who genuinely earn it.

We do keep an eye on rep whoring and we do punish people for it when we catch them at it.

If you think someone is whoring rep or you see someone rep whoring then contact a staff member and we will deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.