No Thanks Raising the Rep Needed for Premium

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by reptar, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Honestly, I don't really think it should be changed...there will always be "too many premiums" because those people will keep meeting the new requirements.

If anything about the rep should be changed, I think it should change from 50 needed to 150 needed. The post count is insane already to some people (though I think it's okay :P) so I am up for an idea of 100-150 rep needed. 2,000 is insane.​

2. Repliku Chaser

2000 rep is very hard to get and well, I really don't see what's wrong with the standards as they are now because I hate to take away premie from those who met the requirements also with the post count. If it did have to be raised though, I'd say maybe 200 rep sounds reasonable to achieve. I do hear what some of you are saying but I don't feel I'd want to make it miserable to reach premium status either. It just isn't such a big deal to me to make it super difficult to reach.

3. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Idunno...this sounds stupid, but I think there needs to be another category to reach for...

Im not a very old member, but as soon as I joined this place, I was like, "I wanna be prem.." From then on, I made billions of theories, shot down about a trillion more, and generally posted so I could finally get 1000 posts and all the like.

And im like what, 1 out of...well...a majority of people who join this site? They want to become prems because they want to "be famous on the forum." So its no wonder people are going to race, and rep-whore and all that stuff, so they can get what they want. Changing the requirements is only going to make people try harder. Or not try at all. Then what?

I think we should have some other sort of thing. Like forum helpers, but not really. Something that can be achieved for the older prems and older members. That way newer members get to stay premiums and older members dont have to be bored with their premium status all the time, and once the new premiums meet whatever "class" or "league" the older premiums are in, they can rank up too. Not only will it "calm down" these newbies who come on here, but it'll make the oldies (lol) strive for something else too. Dontcha think?

I second the 200 idea. It works. 50 seems a bit low RIGHT NOW because there are 28000 members on this site. I mean, unless your a complete jerk, you should get 50 rep within 2 months...

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

What difference would it make, 99% of people who have over 1000 posts will have over 100 rep (most likely over 200). The rep is like a safety net for post whoring, so those who dramatically whore there way within a month generally won't be all that liked so therefore the rep would be low. There isn't much need to be perfectly honest.

5. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

You can get 50 rep in a day. I did yesterday. And I agree with making a new catagory.

6. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Dayum...O_O

But yeah, look at gamespot...it doesnt have "premiums" or anything like that, but you can rank up and there are like 30+ levels you can get up to. Not tryin to advertise, but I doubt people are bored on that site...

Regardless of the fact that almost every game known to man is on there.

7. Ixenin Destiny Islands Resident

I don't understand the whole "Premium" thing in the first place. You get what...a pink name and a custom title? Coming from forums that will give you the latter as well as name changes from your first post it just seems bizarre to me.

8. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

We used to have custom user titles for all but some one was all "O MAH GEWD DIS B A KH SITE WEE NEED KH UZER TITIES" and then they were born. And name changes and colors are whored and controlled by staff.

9. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

same here.

10. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

How can you do?! O_o I obtained 2 Rep gems in 3 or 4 months O_O

11. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

It's easy if you get rep from people with huge rep.

12. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Pretty much. =/

Let's just raise it to something that isn't too far-fetched, but still hard enough to keep the newbs busy. 200 sounds reasonable. I'm sure they can get they're way there easily if they play their cards right.

13. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah thats what im talking about it is not like i said like 2000 or something

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

My only comment: It's the rep system. Like any other system, it will be butchered and whored. Especially in this case.

There is no reason to complain. =/

15. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

I wouldn't mind, though 2000 sounds a bit...overboard oO

Maybe somewhere between 200-500?

16. Ampex Gummi Ship Junkie

maybe 150.

Hey, im just not a people person.

17. Gwen Farewell.

I say 1000. 2000 is a bit overboard.

Though I do like the idea of a new group being made.

18. Haseo Knight of Light

One thousand's pretty overboard.

19. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Not for Beyond ;D

I'm still going with 150-200, or whatever I said earlier. Now, I'm starting to think that it should be 300-350...lol can't make up my mind.​

20. Haseo Knight of Light

Yeah, Madi's got tons of rep.-_-

I'd go with 200-500 for the new rep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.