Questionable Content: A Webcomic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by P, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Well, even though nothing is going on right now, there needs to be a buildup, right?
    Also, after today's "page," I think Marten might be successful with the band(?) If that is his big dream (which I believe it is), it could be a new plot. Faye and Angus = No go, I hope.
    I still live in the ******ed Marten/Faye fanboy life. I don't believe it'll happen, seeing as the AUTHOR wrote it wouldn't, but still.
    He might need some filler before coming up with/continuing with a plot.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Well, I don't think the comic has a definite end point in Jeph's mind, so no, I don't think it's necessarily going towards one. But that doesn't mean it's going nowhere. It's a slice of life webcomic. It deals with a yes, slightly fantasized version of reality, but reality no less. So you can't really expect major plot twists every couple of comics, can you? It's not like everyday of a person's life has some new drama (or at least I'd hope not), and one day in QC land can be several comics.

Also since you powerhoused through them, it might kind of feel like things are slowing down now that you're on the "check everyday" schedule.

As for Faye & Angus, I mean I'm not really a fan of the relationship, but it's important--it's Faye learning to be in a relationship. I don't think it's necessarily long term (pretty sure Faye is going to freak out soon, lol), but it's an important step for her nonetheless.

Mari has been a little scarce lately, I think because of how much Tai has been popping up--the two rarely seem to be regulars together, save for the HP fanfic mini-arc.

Everyone wants to know, but that's the thing--nobody does know. Faye doesn't, her mom doesn't, her sister doesn't, etc. Her dad quite literally took it to the grave with him. I don't think we'll ever be told. Although many have tried to explain on their own.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

And who's fault is that? >:l

I personally think he should show what happened to Faye's dad at one point or another. It's been tearing at me, since people don't do that for no reason. I mean, if this keep ups Jeph will go so far that his comics will look almost life-like xD

He also improved a bit with the new style now. Dora and Marten now don't look the same.

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

New pages recently

Well, I'm glad to see marten is going back and continuing with the band. And that he and Dora are having a normal friendship -- like Misty iirc said earlier, it's showing growth in both of them. As far as the band goes, I honestly think it's not going to work out too well with Amir currently. I don't know why, but I just feel like he's not going to really care about it eventually.

As for Hanners, she's becoming more and more motherly. xD I really don't want her to end up with anyone soon, as I am afraid she will change and we will lose notsocrazy!Hanners. As for Marigold, I think she's coming up to a semi-important character arc soon. she's been in the last few comics, and with the introduction of her dad over the phone, maybe we'll see what her parents think of her Otakuness and how she ended up that way?

inb4itwasbecauseofinternet

5. P Banned

2020: Going, Going...

Dammit Jeph, why won't you cut Marty a break?!

:' (

6. Misty gimme kiss

I think
    Padma would make an excellent rebound for Marten. Her leaving soon only adds to that! I think Marten and Dora were actually pretty good together, if we ignore Dora's issues (not to say Marten was perfect during the relationship, but I think we can all agree that Dora's insecurity is what eventually killed the relationship). Padma is pretty much a less-complicated Dora. I think it'd be good for Marten to be with someone who is not plagued by daddy issues or their sibling rivalries or is too insecure to allow him to talk to other girls.

So maybe rebound wouldn't be best. D: Padma is good for Marten, in terms of a Long Term Relationship.

Of course, there's the issue of Elliot... but maybe his passion for Hannelore will push Padma from his mind. <3 (insane fan speculating over)

7. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Am I the only one who laughed my ass off at the duck, duck, duck? :D

8. Misty gimme kiss

I chuckled a little, but I was more glad to see Angus. He hasn't been around for like the last 70 comics, if my counting is right. D:

9. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Am I the only one who thinks
    that the red-haired girl in 2031 might be a potentional girlfriend for Marty? I think that there was too much focus on her not to include her

10. Chevalier Crystal Princess

You mean Sweet Tits? I really think that's just poking fun. Specially since she was reading a birdcare book. Lol.

But then again, he did turn Marigold's Anthro into a sort of human. So, anything is possible.

It's nice to see that he's starting to return to our usual characters.

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Currently reading (comic 326), and happy to get almost all of the references. Continuing...

12. Misty gimme kiss

As Chev said, it's
    Sweet Tits. She appears in #1160, #1167, #1566 - #1570, and #1690. Jeph often draws her in the background of comics: #2031, #1445, #1184 (speculated), #1391 (speculated).
    I can't see her ever joining the main cast, but I do love seeing her about.
    Plus, she's already got Andy (sort of?).