Question Time Question Time with Marushi!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Plums, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Question Time with...

Marushi!

A couple of guidelines before you begin..

1 - Keep it within the rules of the forum, nothing over PG-13. This is still KHV, which means that you must not use this thread as an excuse to berate or harass the Question Time participant. That being said...

2 - ...The Question Time participant does not have to answer all of the questions.

3 - The Question Time participant must maintain some level of activity within this thread. Don't leave all of your questions unanswered. You're in the spotlight, baby, so shine!

4 - Give the Question Time participant some time to answer, and let others have a chance to ask. Remember that they are in the spotlight for at least one week, so do not feel the need to barrage him/her with a lengthy list of questions all at once.

And now that you have read the rules, you may ask away!~

@Marushi

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

1. Impressions?
    2. Are we good friends? Are we great friends? Are super-duper awesome fantastic friends?
    3. On a scale from one to ten, what would you rate our friendship and why?
    4. How do you think I performed in my final boss battle here? 13:10 - End. (Even if you haven't played this game specifically, it's still an RPG, which I'd like to say you're familiar with. :p

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

1. Impressions?
    2. What is your opinion on ranch on pizza?
    3. Help! Someone has broken into my house and is trying to murder me! ...How was your day?

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

How did you find KHV?

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Impressions?
    Magic or Science?
    Favorite Final Fantasy game?
    Favorite KH game?
    Favorite KH character?

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Before: "Wow this Amaury guy seems like a really fun person!"
    Now: Still think you're super fun, and I'm glad to count you as one of my friends. :)

So let's go with super-duper awesome fantastic! :D

I'd say... 8.5? Because you've been my friend for a long time and so we're pretty good friends, but like, 9 and 10 go to my sister and husband, sorry. :p

Looks like you did a pretty good job!
    Ummmm let me think... Lol, I have a pretty messed up long-term memory, so unless someone did something that really stands out in my memory, I don't fully remember my original impressions... I think I thought you seemed like a pretty chill dude? You seemed to have fun and not really freak out about stuff... If that makes any sense, lol. XD Now, my impressions of you are that you're fun, easygoing, and I wouldn't mind talking to you more and getting to know you a little better.

I love ranch on pizza. My favorite kinds of pizza are pepperoni with pineapple dunked in ranch, OR chicken bacon ranch pizza, which, depending where you get it from, is AMAZING.

Kay first off, yikes? Second off, I just woke up, but yesterday was good. XD and today should be good too, I'm going to a new job to fill out hiring paperwork later, so it'll be good to get a paycheck again. XD
    Believe it or not, I came for the videos. XD I was really into making AMV's back in the day, and saw the site in the credits for one on youtube, so I came to check it out. I actually was a regular guest on the site for like a month just to download videos, before signing up for membership because an article from Mike caught my eye and then I wandered into the forums section, and everyone seemed like they all were such good friends that I wanted in. XD
    Now iirc, I think I first ran into you in the RP section... My impressions of you were that you seemed a bit shy, but overall, sweet, and I wouldn't mind becoming friends. Now I think you're still pretty sweet, but with a sassy side, and boy can you sing!

Magic! I mean, that's actually a little bit of a hard choice, lol, because sci-fi is great, but at the end of the day, I'd pick dragons and wizards and ogres over time travel or spaceships or lasers. XD

I... Actually haven't played Final Fantasy. XD but I saw the Advent Children movie! I was a bit confused at parts since I didn't know the backstory, but I still enjoyed it. XD

And as for favorite KH game... Man, that's hard. Lol, I know this won't be a popular answer, but I really liked Days, though that might be just because it was one of the only two games I owned myself with my own device, and didn't have to share with my fam, so I ended up playing it a lot more than the other ones. Though, Xion annoyed me, but I think that's because the only character Allison Stoner plays that DIDN'T annoy me was Isabella from Phineas and Ferb, so it was more annoyance at Xion's grating voice than anything else.

And my favorite KH character... Gosh, there are so many. XD You know, I think I'd have to just go with Sora. I mean, the optimism alone makes me like the kid, and his loyalty for his friends and love for all worlds just... Yeah. XD Sora's my favorite. I just can't help but love the kid. XD

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Impressions?
    Favorite song at the moment?
    Favorite music genre?
    If you could have any super power / ability, what would it be any why?
    What do you believe your best skill is?
    Favorite non KH game?

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Lol, my first impressions of you were that you were a dry and sarcastic cynic who said whatever you wanted when you wanted and if someone didn't like it, that was their problem. XD Now? I still kinda get that impression a bit, but I respect and enjoy people like that now, instead of being wary of them like I was when I first started noticing you. XD

Um, favorite song at the moment... Lol, probably Runaway from the TWEWY Crossover. XD

My favorite music genre changes with my mood. Plus, as much as I love it, I don't know a lot about music, so unless it's something like pop or rap or country, sometimes I don't even know the genre classifications and mainly just list an artist as an example of what I like. So, lately, I've really been into Marina and the Diamonds, whatever that classifies as. XD

The generic answer of flight holds true for me. I've always loved high places; trees, small cliffs, even bigger rocks, if I get a few feet off the ground, I'm happy. Plus the slight rush I've got from things like zip lines or giant swings makes me feel like I would infinitely enjoy flying.

I believe my best skill is in writing. Lol, I've done so much of it with fanfiction that it's eclipsed everything else I know how to do. I would say I probably spend about 75% of the time I spend awake on writing, so it's probably my best skill. XD

My favorite non-KH game is Pitfall Harry: the Lost Expedition. Call it the small part of me that yearns to be an explorer, but for some inexplicable reason, I love this game and have played it so often I could probably run the game with my eyes closed. XD

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't usually do more than one video, but only because it's you, though I won't do them all at once. ;)

Same battle. Different walkthroughs. In order, first, second, and third. Compare.

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Compare? lol, okay, I'll try... Um, in the first video, you seemed to kinda go off a few times and not do much, or like, swing your keyblade at nothing, and in the second video, you seemed to use magic a lot more, and then in the third one, you had a good balance between magic and plain attacks, so that was good. You improved a lot in each video, too.

lol, now you know why I don't review gameplay videos. XD I don't really have anything important to say. XD

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

First Impressions? Now Impressions?
    What's your favorite thing about KHV?
    Marushi you used to be in the RPA? Why don't you RP anymore?
    What kind of fanfiction do you write? Can we see?

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Let's see, I first noticed you in Mafia, and you had a Sherlock theme, so my first impressions were "Oooooh a fan of detective stuff! This person is gonna be fun." And then you were a little timid, but also thought things through, and my impressions of you in that game were that you're an incredibly loyal person. Impressions of you now are that you've broken out of your timid shell. While you still are a very smart and loyal person, you also are not afraid to say exactly what you feel and mean, and put yourself out there. All in all, you're strong and you know it, and nobody is going to get in your way.

My favorite thing about KHV is the people. Everyone here is here because they share a love for something (not always KH, as there are members here who never really played) and due to these common interests, we build friendships that are not easily broken, and that's why we all stay.

I haven't RP'd in quite a few years. I think I originally started to taper off because the arena was in a little bit of a slump, and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Plus, all the RP's I was in never really seemed to get past the opening stage before everyone stopped posting. And then I took a year-long hiatus, and then when I came back, I just didn't join any RP's. Partly for the same reason I left, and partly because I was starting to be busy irl as well, and also because I hadn't discovered fanfiction before I'd left, so when I came back I was also more focused on fanfic than RPing. So I just... never got back into it.

Here's a link to my ff.net account. Though I'm still trying to update my old stories sometimes, I had a few bad experiences with reviewers and with co-writing a story with someone online, so I've actually stopped posting most of my recent stuff. Now, I mainly write fanfiction with my sister, and we don't publish it. But that also means that most of the fandoms we write for now aren't on my account. Like, recently we've been all about Soul Eater and TWEWY, and those aren't on my account. XD Though, I'm working a really funny TWEWY one-shot that, if I ever finish it, I'd actually be willing to publish on the account, so yeah, maybe I'll post it on KHV too if I finish it. XD

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Impressions?
    Pepsi or Coke or neither?
    When reading or watching something, what grabs you more: the characters or the story?
    Least favorite Disney film?

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Before: "they spelled 'plumbs' wrong..." xD but seriously, I've always thought you were a pretty cool person, and now it's obvious you care a lot about this site and the people in it.

I tend to only drink one kind of soda until I'm sick of it. Right now, it's 'neither' on the Pepsi or Coke front, and I drink Dr. Pepper. But we'll see how soon that changes. XD

Definitely the characters. I think story is incredibly important, and can never TRULY enjoy it if the story is done poorly, but even badly written works can grip me with good characters, and on the other side, well-written works with characters I dislike annoy me. ESPECIALLY if it's a movie that misrepresents a character I loved in a book as a kid. XD

Tbh my least favorite Disney film (I'm assuming you just mean the classic animated works, not every film produced by Disney, and I'm also not counting the numerous sequels) would have to be the Little Mermaid. XD I've always hated it, since I was a little kid. And it didn't help that one of my younger sisters loved it and watched it over and over. XD But yeah, I think Ariel is a brat and an idiot, signing away one of her five senses AND HER SOUL if she can't get a guy to kiss her in three days. And I mean, yeah, Triton's methods are really bad and he could stand to attend a parenting class, but his reasons for banning contact with the humans seems pretty reasonable. He's like "THEY EAT OUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES." And she's like "BUT DADDY THIS ONE'S HOT." And like, Ariel is also totally selfish, because she doesn't even BLINK at the crab on her plate or the fact that everyone in the kingdom eats seafood. She's like "as long as it's not someone I know, I'm cool." I think, though, the biggest thing I don't like about this movie is that Triton's the one who has to learn a lesson. It's like, 'let's punish the guy who's trying to keep his kingdom from being eaten, and teach him that Ariel should be allowed to do whatever the heck she wants and it'll all work out because the prince stabbed the witch, so obviously all her legally binding eternity long soul-owning contracts break upon her death.' Like, what? Ariel breaks every rule in the book, runs away, sells her soul to a witch, and manipulates a guy to fall in love with her. Triton bails his daughter out, Eric murders the witch, and Ariel gets a happily ever after and lives in the human palace and doesn't even fire the chef that's still trying to murder her friends, which, everyone now knows are sentient. That said, the music and artwork are good, (though I don't think they hold a candle to that of Beauty and the Beast,) but the story teaches all the wrong lessons and the characters in it are cringeworthy to me, and so it's my least favorite. XD

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Impressions!!!

If you could have any superpower, what would you have?

Are we gonna write the best story or what?

Why are you so awesome?

Describe yourself in one word?

Shower or bath?

Favourite murder method?

It can be cracked, it can be made, it can be told, it can be played. What is it?

Robots vs werewolves, who wins?

Best way to make an exit?

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

First impressions: Awesome friendly nice person is talking to me! Now: Super amazing awesome friendly great wonderful nice person still likes me after all these years! XD

Flight: see above XD

We so totally are!

lol, um, idk? XD

Confused. XD

Shower.

Hmm... slip a drug into a drink. Even easier if it's someone who already takes something that you can use to cause them to 'overdose.' It'll be written off as a simple accident.

I'm still working on that. XD

Robots. Werewolves might be able to rip into them a bit, but robots aren't alive, so they'd have an advantage. XD

Couldn't find the clip just by itself, but it's just the beginning 20 seconds in, so yeah. XD That's not just the best exit... 2 times out of 3, that's how I make an exit, so :p

17. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Impressions. All the truth.

What skill do you lack that you wish you had?

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

All the truth? Lol, like, you think I might've been lying with earlier ones? XD

All the truth... I honestly don't remember getting any impressions from you, lol. Sorry. XD I don't remember first starting to notice you or my first impressions. XD Now, um, I'd say you seem like a pretty cool person, and I know I've said that a few times already, but it's true. XD You're fun in the Discord chat, though I haven't really talked to you much anywhere else, so I guess I haven't formed a solid impression of you yet. Aside from an air of general coolness and being rather fun. XD

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. What are the biggest changes you have undergone since joining KHV?
    2. What about before KHV?
    3. What traits define your decision making process? In short, what makes you, you?
    4. What would you consider the best decision you've made in your life?
    5. What would you consider the worst?
    6. First and current impressions of me?

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

1. Tbh, I think the biggest change I've undergone since joining KHV was I learned that I wasn't even sort of as smart as teenage-me thought I was. XD There's so much in this world I've never seen, never experienced, never even heard of, and when I first joined, I was stuck in my own tiny piece of world, under the impression that it was the only real piece that existed and I was the only person who knew all there was to know of it. lol, that'll play into my answer for your last question, too. XD When I first joined KHV I was a stuck-up, ignorant, pretentious little brat with some weird kind of savior complex, and I feel like I've come so far from that, and I like to think I'm a completely different person than who I was back then.

2. Before KHV, I was a sulky, manipulative, abusive brat driven by selfish hate and self-pitying self-imposed isolation. XD I hated everybody and everything in the world and the only thing that kept me from letting that be known was my mistaken belief that I was being some sort of 'bigger person?' I don't even understand it anymore, but before (and for a good time after) joining KHV, I was like, under the impression that I was some kind of saint, 'putting up with' all the stuff I was 'being put through.' Looking back, I was a sheltered, privileged kid with everything I needed and much of what I wanted given to me, so I really have no idea how I turned out so completely terrible, but yeah. XD I was a complete jerk to my sisters, which is where the 'manipulative, abusive' thing comes into play, and the real turning point with me was one terrible moment I will never forget, when seemingly out of nowhere, I was struck with the realization "If my youngest sister ever committed suicide, it would be beyond a shadow of a doubt, all my fault." That should tell you what kind of person I was. She was like, ten at the time too. I realized that I was so completely and unfairly mean to my ten year old sister that I might drive her to suicide. And I was like that with everyone else, too. That's who I was before joining KHV. XD

3. Um... Traits that define my decision making process... Well, most of the time, I don't make decisions based on emotional reasons. Much of the time, I can't even really understand why when someone else does. It just doesn't make sense to me, to make decisions based on emotions or sentiments. Like, on TV when people refuse to learn the sex of an unborn baby because they want it to be a surprise. I just don't get why that's even a thing. It makes much more sense to be as prepared for the future as you can possibly be. If that means sacrificing some sort of 'surprise' moment of hearing "it's a girl" so that you can have a name and an appropriate nursery all picked out, so be it. Moving past decisions of pragmatic nature and into the field of spur-of-the-moment, 'how should I respond to a situation' thing. When I'm faced with a decision, I choose the path that I believe will ultimately lead to my happiness in the future. lol, that's why I'm so nice irl. XD When you're a jerk, people treat you like a jerk. When you're a 'nice person,' other jerks will still be rude to you sometimes, but then at least everyone else is on your side. XD So I base my decisions on what I think the consequences will be, rather than any sort of current whim or something. When a coworker cusses me out for something that's not my fault, I just take it and move on. It won't do any good to get all angry and start a fight. If it's threatening enough or becomes too big a deal, I'll talk to someone about it later. For the moment, I just don't let it bother me.

4. The best decision I've ever made in my life... Probably the decision to change, that I mentioned in Answer 2. I came to the realization that I was miserable the way I was living, and I was purposefully making others miserable as well, and that wasn't who I wanted to be. It was a very long road to the desired change, but I feel like I got there in the end, and deciding to try was the best decision I ever made.

5. The worst decision I ever made, lol... Let me think... When I was sixteen, I had an opportunity to take a job at the local small town newspaper, just going in to tidy things up and help organize documents and things twice a week. It wasn't much, but the newspaper was trying to create opportunities for young people, and promised that if I did well, I could, in the future, be given a better job and start a career in journalism. Which, I was all about at the time. I've never really looked into it, but I've always loved the idea of journalism, though admittedly it's been romanticized in my head by watching too many movies wherein a reporter or a news photographer lands themselves in some exciting adventure. XD So I went to the paper and picked up an application, and then... I panicked, never filled it out, threw it away, and decided right then and there, for some inexplicable reason, that I wouldn't have got the job anyway, and began a cycle of not even trying to start a job or career, which I didn't break until I was 21, and has since given me a great disadvantage. I had an opportunity, and literally threw it away. XD

6. Okay, here's where I bring back everything I said earlier, about my insufferable state of mind when I first joined, and that stupid 'savior complex' I had back then. XD I'm incredibly embarrassed to say, but my first impressions of you were that you were an 'incredibly misguided soul that I and I alone could lead to salvation.' Urgh. XD I am so sorry for all the crap I gave you back then. XD My impressions of you now are that you did not have to forgive me for my single-minded tunneling on trying to change you and get you to admit... whatever silly agenda I believed in at the time, and I'm just lucky you did so. Forgave me, I mean. XD Now, I think you're a smart, likeable person, (though at times you still scare me a touch by saying things like "I would like to kill someone at least once," lol) and I hope to perhaps consider you a friend sometime, if angsty-teenage-Marushi didn't screw it up too badly. XD

And wow, that was a wall post. XD But you asked the big questions, so yeah, sorry not sorry. XD

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.